• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

2 weeks before the deadline. What are we gonna do Supes? A couple of good moves, and we can compete the rest of the way..I want something to look forward to(besides the draft) going into the offseason. lol

Main Targets: 

Steven Adams

Davis Bertrans

@thecampster is giving some good info as well. I am still having problem getting that info he is getting. Teams are not likely to talk about if they are trying to move money in hopes another team doesn't trump their offer while it's the opposite with player value. They talk in hopes of raising it around the league to get the most for their said player. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And I guess this also ties into not willing to trading the BKN pick for Steven Adams based on his salary, paid $25 but worth $15.

Still kinda get the feeling someone is gonna budge, am hoping so more and more these past few days. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Why is that.  I thought it helped because of the insurance aspect?

See here: the disabled player exemption only applies to a player on your roster when the injury occurs. IE: we could use it, a trade partner cant. We are under the cap so it doesn't apply. Only savings is waving him and insurance compensation offset.

"

Disabled Player ExceptionEdit

Allows a team that is over the cap to acquire a replacement for a disabled player who will be out for either the remainder of that season (for in-season injuries/deaths) or the next season (if the disability occurs during the offseason). The maximum salary of the replacement player is either 50% of the injured player's salary, or the mid-level exception for a non-taxpaying team, whichever is less. This exception requires an NBA-designated doctor to verify the extent of the injury. Under the 2005 CBA, a team could sign a player under this exception for five years; since the 2011 CBA, it has been allowed only for one year.[5]

Note that while teams can often use one exception to sign multiple players, they cannot use a combination of exceptions to sign a single player."

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

With Goodwin signed does that mean we don't bring back Teague?

How does Jabari have interest with that current injury and player option ?  

I'd bet my avatar that he could come back if he wanted.

I hope he chooses to sit.  Not because I want him injured but because we're better without him.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, thecampster said:

See here: the disabled player exemption only applies to a player on your roster when the injury occurs. IE: we could use it, a trade partner cant. We are under the cap so it doesn't apply. Only savings is waving him and insurance compensation offset.

Thanks.  that makes sense.  But for a team that was going to trade for him before nothing has really changed.  They weren't going to play him anyway.  

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

With Goodwin signed does that mean we don't bring back Teague?

How does Jabari have interest with that current injury and player option ?  

Hawks want 3 PGs like most NBA have

Jeff as the backup for the next 3 years. Vet with playoff experience 

Goodwin in the Shelvin Mack role

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks want 3 PGs like most NBA have

Jeff as the backup for the next 3 years. Vet with playoff experience 

Goodwin in the Shelvin Mack role

So 3 PGs instead of just 1.........I think they are on to something here.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I am willing to make a bet that 99.9% of the inside info here is mainstream available. We do this every year and every year we taste Supes soup 🍜. 😆 

Hilarious. You always get the scoop from me. No one is saying a word. Then when it become public info, the thread blows up, once trades are active but nothing is happening, ya'll create expectations when there is nothing I or thecampster can do about it. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Hilarious. You always get the scoop from me. No one is saying a word. Then when it become public info, the thread blows up, once trades are active but nothing is happening, ya'll create expectations when there is nothing I or thecampster can do about it. 

Chuch! My bad Supes! You do a lot for us and have the heart of a champ. Good lookin out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1