• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

11 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Jae Crowder is a guy that I think could play at Hayward level at a much reasonable contract. I would rather go on that direction with 15 per year that pay 30 for an injury prone Hayward.

Come on dude.. Nobody here wants to overpay for Hayward and Crowder would be a nice piece. But they are not even in the same universe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is no signs Atlanta would give an extension with anywhere near this much given. That's max money. Al Horford salary is what been said behind the scenes and even said publically. My guess is he doesn't want to leave his 2020 payday and get that extension as well.

Right. If he opts in and extends, he gets to keep his 2021 $34M salary and then the extension years would be whatever his market value was. I seriously doubt the Knicks or Pistons are offering him a 3 yr $90M deal. 

• Like 1

hace 10 minutos, DS5 dijo:

Come on dude.. Nobody here wants to overpay for Hayward and Crowder would be a nice piece. But they are not even in the same universe. 

Ummm you think so? Advanced stats say Crowder contribution was much better on Miami than Hayward on Boston. WS, VORP, percentages, defense..... There is a perception of players but tat perception is not always true, sometimes stats are worth checking and we are not signing the Hayward from Utah, this is a different player that is declining

Edited by gurpilo

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

The only way to be sure it doesn't happen again next season is to play with Trae and not against him.

Even then, it's a toss up.

😏

14 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Anyone have any info on this? Little concerning as I'd consider Okongwu to be "my guy." I'd still probably take him since we have depth there while he heals. 

Yep.  That sound you hear is kg scratching 'Gwu off muh boards.  He was hanging on by a thread as is.  I ain't enamored with 6'7" centers(sic) with questionable offensive game in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

If we all take off our hopeful Hawks glasses, it seems pretty evident that Atlanta isn't his first choice, with all due respect to Supes who says otherwise.  It just seems like if he WANTED to be a Hawk, it would or could be done already.  The theory of helping Boston facilitate another deal to make them better but getting draft pick compensation for our trouble just seems a little too convenient, imo.  I'd love it all to be true.  Just not getting my hopes up as @JayBirdHawk has suggested.  

I don't follow the logic train here.  Let's follow a scenario where Atlanta is his top choice.

GH is in discussion with the Celtics and makes it clear he wants to go to Atlanta.  Boston tells GH that they want to sign and trade him to Atlanta.

If he opts out, he is looking at a salary that will be about $10M lower than his next year salary if he opts in.

Why wouldn't he give Boston extra time to try to work out a deal with Atlanta that would have him coming in as part of an opt-in and extension?  That gets him to his preferred team for the most money.

Isn't that what we would expect a FA to try to achieve?

(Note:  I'm not saying we are necessarily his top choice but I am saying that the fact that he extended the deadline to give Atlanta and Boston time to try to work out a deal doesn't mean we aren't his top choice.  Doesn't really speak to it one way or the other.  Really speaks to him wanting to maximize his next contract which will be the last big one of his career.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

hace 9 minutos, JeffS17 dijo:

Using advanced stats to judge a player removes all context such as coaching, schemes, teammates, etc.  All of those stats have pretty big downsides to them.  Half of them are actually just measuring usage+how good is your team.  The distinction between stats and talent/ability is what makes good NBA scouts different than arm-chair box score watchers.  

I prefer data over perception. Both play similar role on similar teams, scoring is on Hayward side but efficiency is on Crowder side, he has less shots but show more influence on winning. Specially on playoffs.

As I said people tend to remember good times, today's Hayward is a good player but not at Utah's level

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What's so bad about the interview? Seems like a sympathetic portrayal. 

I can't tell if this is being sarcastic.  If this interview came out after the draft then no problem.  It isn't a hit piece.  But Edwards' statements about lacking passion for the game is a major red flag at a time when his agent is doing everything he can to get Minnesota to take him (and to get him to go as high as possible).  If things are close between players, this could absolutely result in him sliding and agent's take slides with every slot.

• Like 3

Just now, AHF said:

I can't tell if this is being sarcastic.  If this interview came out after the draft then no problem.  It isn't a hit piece.  But Edwards' statements about lacking passion for the game is a major red flag at a time when his agent is doing everything he can to get Minnesota to take him (and to get him to go as high as possible).  If things are close between players, this could absolutely result in him sliding and agent's take slides with every slot.

I didnt read the whole thing. I just kinda skimmed it, looked like it just gave an inside look at his life and upbringing. 

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't follow the logic train here.  Let's follow a scenario where Atlanta is his top choice.

GH is in discussion with the Celtics and makes it clear he wants to go to Atlanta.  Boston tells GH that they want to sign and trade him to Atlanta.

If he opts out, he is looking at a salary that will be about $10M lower than his next year salary if he opts in.

Why wouldn't he give Boston extra time to try to work out a deal with Atlanta that would have him coming in as part of an opt-in and extension?  That gets him to his preferred team for the most money.

(Note:  I'm not saying we are necessarily his top choice but I am saying that the fact that he extended the deadline to give Atlanta and Boston time to try to work out a deal doesn't mean we aren't his top choice.  Doesn't really speak to it one way or the other.  Really speaks to him wanting to maximize his next contract which will be the last big one of his career.)

He's trying to get long term security.   He could keep his 30 mill this season but he's 30 years old.  What kind of contract will he get in 2021?

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Well my logic didn't consider that he would make more if he opts-in and extends than he would get over a longer term deal on the open market.  IF that's the case, then sure, it would benefit him to allow the trade to happen.  Maybe ATL is playing along because they really want GH.  My logic was that the money would be relatively even either way and asking for more time seemed to imply that he was looking for better opportunities with more established teams.  

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I didnt read the whole thing. I just kinda skimmed it, looked like it just gave an inside look at his life and upbringing. 

Well maybe you should ... read the article before chiding others for their reactions after *gasp* reading the article.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1