• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Moderators
Just now, Sothron said:

I don't see a fit for Gallo. He's still a good to very good at times starting PF. Why come here? We have Collins.

He would come off the bench to play with both Capela and Collins (not at the same time).  It could be a bit of a nightmare for opponents to cover a lineup like:

Trae

Huerter

Cam

Gallo

Collins

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I just don't see it for either him or the Hawks. He's a good player. I've always liked him. He can not in any way play SF at this point in his career. His foot speed is nowhere near good to keep up with that. 

Honestly he's better off trying to go to Minnesota to play PF next to KAT or a place like Denver or Phoenix depending on the J. Grant/Millsap FA situation. 

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't see a fit for Gallo. He's still a good to very good at times starting PF. Why come here? We have Collins.

And the fit for Hayward? He is also a 4 (3 hybrid) the more injury prone he gets. Gallo is the better shooter. Half of Gallo's game is posting up smaller 3's. He is bad on defense though. But that is for both 3's and 4's. He can absolutely play the 3 on the offense.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, GameTime said:

And the fit for Hayward? He is also a 4 (3 hybrid) the more injury prone he gets. Gallo is the better shooter. Half of Gallo's game is posting up smaller 3's. He is bad on defense though. But that is for both 3's and 4's. He can absolutely play the 3 on the offense.

Hayward is more a 2/3.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Uh..what? Hayward is a 3/2 true wing player.  He and Gallo are nothing alike except both can shoot and have white skin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Minnesota is still trying to get the #6 overall pick. Atlanta wants a lot which MIN hasn't offered yet.

Is this right, should say Minny wants a lot which we haven't offered.

Edit...never mind. I forget Minny was trying to get 6 not a trade down.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Uh..what? Hayward is a 3/2 true wing player.  He and Gallo are nothing alike except both can shoot and have white skin.

I agree they don't play alike at all. And Gallo is trash on D. But this Hayward is a 3/4. He is way better than Gallo especially defensively, but not worth a 35+ mill 4 year deal price tag.

Edited by GameTime

• Premium Member

For the record, I like Gallo. I always liked him going back to his rookie days. I thought he was criminally underrated the first four or five seasons in his career. He can play here absolutely but it seems odd to me that he would basically give up as a starter to come be a backup for a non playoff team.

If he comes here, great. If not, also great.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, GameTime said:

I agree they don't play alike at all. And Gallo is trash on D. But this Hayward is a 3/4. He is way better than Gallo especially defensively, but not worth a 35+ mill 4 year deal price tag.

I don't agree he's a 4 unless you are playing really small ball. His best fit right now is a small forward. Gallo isn't trash on defense esp. since he can block shots. But yes, I agree with you Hayward is way better on defense than Gallo. I'd rather have McRib way more than Gallo.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I don't agree he's a 4 unless you are playing really small ball. His best fit right now is a small forward. Gallo isn't trash on defense esp. since he can block shots. But yes, I agree with you Hayward is way better on defense than Gallo. I'd rather have McRib way more than Gallo.

No. Not the Gallo I saw at OKC. He's a 4 all day and a damn good one too

• Thanks 1