• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

I like the idea of developing Cam over overpaying Hayward any day of the week. If anyone doesn't think he can average 14 this year in a starting role, they are mistaken. He's already a better defender than Hayward. 

I just do not like the idea of clamoring over a 30 year old player when you have one that can give the team 90 percent of what Hayward offers right now. Sure Hayward is the better passer and playmaker currently but it's not by some huge margin. Cam can develop into a player that surpasses him. I mean Haywards career high is 39. He's not amazing.

I don't care if we miss out on him specifically. But if we don't get at least one or two solid free agents, that will be a disaster. Overpaying is better than sitting on cash.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You do know he's a multiple All Star with years left in him right?

Uh no he’s not 🤣🤣🤣. Y’all talking like he’s some star player. He used to be a very good player, and he’s not that guy anymore. He made one all star game in his contract year, and hasn’t come close since. 

The way some of y’all are talking about him are setting yourselves up for huge disappointment if we get him. I doubt Boston fans even care if he leaves. 

Id rather stick with what we have and sign a solid vet than spend big money on somebody that doesn’t have big money game and isn’t getting any younger

• Like 1

Just now, Cwell said:

Uh no he’s not 🤣🤣🤣. Y’all talking like he’s some star player. He used to be a very good player, and he’s not that guy anymore. He made one all star game in his contract year, and hasn’t come close since. 

The way some of y’all are talking about him are setting yourselves up for huge disappointment if we get him. I doubt Boston fans even care if he leaves. 

Id rather stick with what we have and sign a solid vet than spend big money on somebody that doesn’t have big money game and isn’t getting any younger

There's just one problem. Who are the solid vets? There's really only about 6 or 7 guys available that could help us. After that it's borderline replacement level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And the career high game was vs the Cavs in a revenge game. It was the team he was playing against when he got that terrible injury.  I just say that because that's absolutely the most motivated he will ever be and got 39. While that's good it's not amazing. Will never duplicate that. 

2 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Exactly. Hayward is a good player, but he's nowhere close to being worth 30 million a season, especially with his injury record. Much rather split 30 million between Grant and a backup PG. I know we need help, but we don't need Hayward for that much money.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

I like the idea of developing Cam over overpaying Hayward any day of the week. If anyone doesn't think he can average 14 this year in a starting role, they are mistaken. He's already a better defender than Hayward. 

I just do not like the idea of clamoring over a 30 year old player when you have one that can give the team 90 percent of what Hayward offers right now. Sure Hayward is the better passer and playmaker currently but it's not by some huge margin. Cam can develop into a player that surpasses him. I mean Haywards career high is 39. He's not amazing.

We need depth right now, which means signing players that are just as good or better than our young guys.  Signing someone a little better than cam versus a little worse will make a huge difference across the season, and we're trying to make the playoffs and get that experience.

Id agree with you if there were other players at Haywards level ready to be signed for cheaper but that isnt the case.  We have a ton of space and we need to use it on GOOD players, not middling journeymen.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Id agree with you if there were other players at Haywards level ready to be signed for cheaper but that isnt the case.  We have a ton of space and we need to use it on GOOD players, not middling journeymen.

Is Hayward better than Grant now?

1 minute ago, Cwell said:

In my eyes this is close to the level of paying big money to Harrison Barnes

Can't agree with you more. We look desperate af throwing the whole bag at Hayward just like Sac threw the bag at Barnes.

Barnes wasn't a bad player for them. He actually was a local favorite. He just didn't move the needle at all. Hayward seems like a similar guy.

I'm not sure where y'all are getting $30M/yr from. I don't see anybody offering him that, his $34M this year was considered way more than he was worth. If he resigns with the Celts it'll be on the cheap in the hopes he gets a chip, if he signs with ATL or NY I can't see either of them throwing more than low $20s. I could be wrong though, but I don't think Travis is a dummy.

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You guys are cracking me up. Hayward is exactly the kind of veteran wing that can defend, shoot, penetrate, ball handle and create his own shot that we need to take the next step. We haven't made the playoffs in three seasons. Empty cap space doesn't do us any good. 

No one is going to give him 30 million a year. Be realistic. If we can get him for a fair deal or even slightly overpay then go for it.

Plus I think playing with a point guard like Trae will help him be as good or maybe even better than what he was (assuming he’s fully recovered from all his injuries).  He won’t have to work as hard to get better looks. This is what I’m hoping convinces him and more FA’s to finally consider Atlanta instead of just toying with us. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You guys are cracking me up. Hayward is exactly the kind of veteran wing that can defend, shoot, penetrate, ball handle and create his own shot that we need to take the next step. We haven't made the playoffs in three seasons. Empty cap space doesn't do us any good. 

No one is going to give him 30 million a year. Be realistic. If we can get him for a fair deal or even slightly overpay then go for it.

Let be real for a second here, no team will give him 30 millions a year (Knicks might do it but then they cant get FVV) but he checked all of the boxes that we need down here right now and it might be costly but it is also a chance to show superstar and star players that Hawks is a up and coming team and will be able to get far into the playoff with us.  

You have to take chances, just like how the Raptors traded for Leonard or those crazy trades from the Bucks, you have to take a risk or we going to be another Phoenix Suns (until this year) and we will be wasting away Trae years and he will be on another team.

• Like 1