• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd rather have McRib over Bogi. McRib is a much better defender, ball handler and create his own shot. Bogi is a good shooter and...that's about it.

Same here. I personally think we have a 35% chance of getting Hayward with Boston. NY has a 30% chance. 

Just now, bleachkit said:

He's not coming here. I'm holding out hope for Gallinari, Bertans or Grant.

What makes you say that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

He's not coming here. I'm holding out hope for Gallinari, Bertans or Grant.

I hope he does. I've got nothing against the 3 guys you listed but why Gallo would choose to be a backup when he's a top 15 starting PF in the league would be puzzling to me.

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Just reading the tea leaves, it doesn't look like it's going in that direction. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it happens.

Same.  I hate to be the negative dude - that's not really my style - but it just seems like it's heading that way.  I could actually see a scenario where Hayward listens to the Hawks, drags his feet over the weekend, and then Monday stays in Boston.  Meanwhile all the other quality players the Hawks could potentially sign end up elsewhere while Hawks wait out the Hayward decision.  We end up with leftovers and spend the next 5 weeks trying to convince ourselves that the addition of Capela and the growth of the core will be enough to somehow make this a substantially better team (and maybe it will, but I'd feel better with a few more quality NBA players).   

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

FTR, I think he goes to Indy via trade which is where I think his wife wants to go.

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Greetings from 2021, bros.  Hayward's going to IND in a SnT.

You're welcome, Travis.  Pull out now, dude.

I think I figured out how to get to 2021 and scoop you :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Just reading the tea leaves, it doesn't look like it's going in that direction. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it happens.

I personally remain confident. There is always a chance at a SnT but I don't see Boston willing to take on Jeremy Lamb and contracts just to get Goga B from Indiana. Also, based on what I got after the 3 team deal fell through is that no one on their core is available for anything less than what they consider to be significant and an All Star level player in their prime. They weren't willing to trade Dipo like that either unless they get significant draft compensation. 

I haven't gotten any news stating against or for a SnT but it just don't seem realistic at this time. It seems like its Boston-Us-NY to me. I could be wrong to discount a SnT especially when he hasn't given me any word to discount another team, I am just speaking personally. I feel like NY is a massively bigger threat as they have the cap space. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Just want to show my appreciation and support to @NBASupes and @thecampster for sharing what you hear.  You guys hear it a lot and I know it's a big deal for you to share this stuff...but seriously, it's greatly appreciated.  It makes no difference to me how much is concrete, I just enjoy the information flow.  Tip of the hat to you guys. 

Also, thanks to everyone digging up articles, tweets, and breaking down the CBA rules and numbers and whatnots for us.  I seriously don't have the time to work it all out and I appreciate you guys doing the legwork and putting it out there.

👍🏾

giphy-downsized-large.gif

@NBASupes  @thecampster........can't wait for the offseason to be over.  Looking forward to #AskSupes V2.0 at the trade deadline!!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Also, thanks to everyone digging up articles, tweets, and breaking down the CBA rules and numbers and whatnots for us.  I seriously don't have the time to work it all out and I appreciate you guys doing the legwork and putting it out there.

👍🏾

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47obxxjobdwn85ajjv4

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I personally remain confident. There is always a chance at a SnT but I don't see Boston willing to take on Jeremy Lamb and contracts just to get Goga B from Indiana. Also, based on what I got after the 3 team deal fell through is that no one on their core is available for anything less than what they consider to be significant and an All Star level player in their prime. They weren't willing to trade Dipo like that either unless they get significant draft compensation. 

I haven't gotten any news stating against or for a SnT but it just don't seem realistic at this time. It seems like its Boston-Us-NY to me. I could be wrong to discount a SnT especially when he hasn't given me any word to discount another team, I am just speaking personally. I feel like NY is a massively bigger threat as they have the cap space. 

Reports are the new Indy Coach wants to play uptempo so having 2 bigs in Turner and Sabonis won't work as starters.  That is why the Turner rumors are kicking around.  However, I don't see Indy taking Hayward as compensation for a 24 year old modern NBA big, I guess C's would have to include a pick for Turner, will they?

4 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

No mention of the Hawks in this update.

Yeah, I think we was used again but moving on from McRib

It is kinda of funny that we cant get any decent players that is in the Star to Superstar range to come to Atlanta. It is like we traded our sports luck for Music and entertainment luck (Did yall check out Verzuz yesterday with Jezzy and Gucci Mane)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

Yeah, I think we was used again but moving on from McRib

It is kinda of funny that we cant get any decent players that is in the Star to Superstar range to come to Atlanta. It is like we traded our sports luck for Music and entertainment luck (Did yall check out Verzuz yesterday with Jezzy and Gucci Mane)

Yeah it seems the Hawks have to REALLY prove themselves before they even get a slightly serious look from a difference maker 🤷‍♂️.  And the Versuz eneded without any violence last night so at least that was good 😁.

3 hours ago, txsting said:

Just wanted to get in on page 404!!  #404TheCulture

🤦‍♂️

I'm too embarrassed to say how long it took me to realize you weren't referencing an internet error page message. 

I was so confused, but at the same time thinking how appropriate a 404 error page is when talking about Atlanta sports online. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gordon Hayward is a nice player to have, especially for free but for a core piece, that's a completely different story. Also, Turner is NOT the one they are willing to trade who's a big and the big they are willing to trade, they wanted John Collins caliber, contract, and age for him. 

Turner was shopped for the top overall pick to get Melo Ball but not just anything. No offense. 

I forgot that part. This seems a life time ago 😀

It makes sense that Indy would want a ton of value for Turner.