Ask Supes

NBASupes

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I feel like NY is a massively bigger threat as they have the cap space. 

I don't doubt you, but I'd question GH's motives if he's saying he wants to win and yet chooses the NYK.  Atlanta is MUCH closer to winning than NYK and could match the $.  I guess I only see NYK as viable if they offer GH some absurd number like 4 yrs and $125 or something stupid like that.  If the $ are the same, I can't see how he'd prefer NYK and that train wreck over Hawks. But I'm biased I guess.  

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I forgot that part. This seems a life time ago 😀

It makes sense that Indy would want a ton of value for Turner.

Which is why any SnT makes limited sense to me. I could be wrong but you just don't go to LaMelo Ball to an older oft injured Gordon Hayward. That makes no sense and Boston is young and excellent, you wouldn't do a trade for draft picks either. I am speaking for me on this but I don't see a shot in hell of this happening. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't doubt you, but I'd question GH's motives if he's saying he wants to win and yet chooses the NYK.  Atlanta is MUCH closer to winning than NYK and could match the $.  I guess I only see NYK as viable if they offer GH some absurd number like 4 yrs and $125 or something stupid like that.  If the $ are the same, I can't see how he'd prefer NYK and that train wreck over Hawks. But I'm biased I guess.  

Agreed unless NY is willing to give him something insane. In that case, you can't blame him for going with the big money

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Same(ish) guy, ya thinkin'?

Yep. Bogdan is what the Hawks are hoping Huerter will become. Kevin's gotta get better at scoring inside/drawing fouls and being more willing to shoot from deep, though. But I've gotta wonder if the gap is enough to merit spending way more on significantly older player.

Funny enough, I thought, "Maybe there's an additional asset Kings could add in a S&T of Huerter -for- Bogdanovic." Umm, that roster is really unappealing.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, mrhonline said:

Yep. Bogdan is what the Hawks are hoping Huerter will become. Kevin's gotta get better at scoring inside/drawing fouls and being more willing to shoot from deep, though. But I've gotta wonder if the gap is enough to merit spending way more on significantly older player.

Funny enough, I thought, "Maybe there's an additional asset Kings could add in a S&T of Huerter -for- Bogdanovic." Umm, that roster is really unappealing.

mrh lookin' at the Kangs roster like ...

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47rw0jrxg57tqgel5npde

• Haha 2

Thanks Supes,Campster,JayBirdHawk and to everyone on the board who is giving their input.You’re appreciated.It’s important for the Hawks to add Vets that want to come to Atlanta.The team has the money and it is up to them to use it wisely.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why would any player choose New York over Atlanta?

Because it's New York, that's why.  If you traded the entire Hawk team for the entire Knickerbocker team, the New York team would still be favored to sign the player simply because it's New York.

😜

• Like 2

I think it's a legit question to ask how much better is Bogd than Heurter?

I know he's better today, but is he so much better that he warrants the type of deal it'd take to pry him from SAC?

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

5yr/150 mil. Get it done TS.

Dude's 27 and not close to being an all-star, homes.  $30mil per?  You sure?

Also can we even offer 5 yrs?