• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Why would any player choose New York over Atlanta?

Because it's New York, that's why.  If you traded the entire Hawk team for the entire Knickerbocker team, the New York team would still be favored to sign the player simply because it's New York.

😜

I actually think vets would prefer ATL over NY for the time being. NY isn’t exactly seen as a good place to land right now, IMO. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I think it's a legit question to ask how much better is Bogd than Heurter?

I know he's better today, but is he so much better that he warrants the type of deal it'd take to pry him from SAC?

Dude's 27 and not close to being an all-star, homes.  $30mil per?  You sure?

Also can we even offer 5 yrs?

I agree with this. Bogi isn't better than Red Velvet. McRib is the only guy I'm seeing as a FA that is legit better than what we have now and can start. Bogi would eat up minutes from our wings and I don't see him as a better player than what we got.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I think it's a legit question to ask how much better is Bogd than Heurter?

I know he's better today, but is he so much better that he warrants the type of deal it'd take to pry him from SAC?

Dude's 27 and not close to being an all-star, homes.  $30mil per?  You sure?

Also can we even offer 5 yrs?

I was feeling generous, forgive me.

Just now, Sothron said:

I agree with this. Bogi isn't better than Red Velvet. McRib is the only guy I'm seeing as a FA that is legit better than what we have now and can start. Bogi would eat up minutes from our wings and I don't see him as a better player than what we got.

There's honestly like 6 or 7 legit difference makers available, after that it's pretty borderline replacement level or washed guys. That's why overpays happen, but what other choice do you have? Can't sit on cash, that does you no good.

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I was feeling generous, forgive me.

First time for everything, huh?

🤠

1 minute ago, AHF said:

If we are talking about a salary that starts with a 3, we should be throwing that at GH over BB.

Theoretically, yes.  And for like 2 or 3 yrs, maybe.

In reality, he's already in IND so, let's toss a big 1yr deal to Gallinari.  Sorry I don't have a catchy fast food name for him yet.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

There's honestly like 6 or 7 legit difference makers available, after that it's pretty borderline replacement level or washed guys. That's why overpays happen, but what other choice do you have? Can't sit on cash, that does you no good.

Uh, yes you can.  And probably should in this case.

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Agreed unless NY is willing to give him something insane. In that case, you can't blame him for going with the big money

I think NYK would really have to outbid us. If we offer the same deal, 1) We're much closer to winning and 2) Our State income tax is lower, making our deal better.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

In reality, he's already in IND so, let's toss a big 1yr deal to Gallinari.  Sorry I don't have a catchy fast food name for him yet.

It was reported that Gallo was talking 2 year deals with Eastern Conference teams.  I'm good with 2 years and significant dollars for him.  Just add a quality vet to the mix to help elevate this team.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

This is what I want - whoever we get just gotta be better than...Bembry, Turner, Parsons, Grabbe and Graham.

Between our already upgraded Center rotation, we need to upgrade our wing rotation.

I disagree about sitting on cash though - like TS said: overpaying the wrong FA can set back your franchise.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Absolutely, I see him the same way. If Hayward goes elsewhere, plan B is filling out a bench with quality. He's the only 'Starter' in FA worth overpaying right now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is what I want - whoever we get just gotta be better than...Bembry, Turner, Parsons, Grabbe and Graham.

Between our already upgraded Center rotation, we need to upgrade our wing rotation.

I disagree about sitting on cash though - like TS said: overpaying the wrong FA can set back your franchise.

Overpays are ok as long as the deal is short. A long overpay is a no go.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Cam is better than Bembry and Hunter is better than Parsons.  Give me two guys that are better than Cam and Hunter.  That's what I want.  With Cam, I don't think it will last long, but give me guys that are right now better than Cam right now and then force me to sit that guy as Cam outplays him.  

• Haha 3