• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bucks fans seem to think TS was the guy on the voice disguiser filing the complaint 😆...

Heh, maybe so.  Still, the trade news was leaked like 2 seconds after their Jrue trade.  Smells to me like they were a wee bit too eager to send the league a "na-nanny-boo-boo we gonna keep Giannis lookit what we're doin'!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/12/2020 at 8:22 PM, NBASupes said:

I've been given good info. Ask me anything about the trade deadline. I can't say I know about most players around the league status and what not. What I can say is I know about all of the guys on the market, our guys and their rank, where we want to go as an organization, what we are looking for, and what not. I cannot talk about anyone we offered in terms of the offer and who. Please don't ask me who we offered. I can't answer. This is expected to be a slow deadline. The teams who are expected to be highly active this deadline are the Magic, Hawks, Knicks, Lakers, Sixers, Thunder, Pistons, Wizards, and Portland. A lot of teams are looking like CHA or TOR. Some teams are waiting till the offseason like BOS. Just not a lot of sellers this year and their asking price have been too high on avg. Teams expect to the prices to come down closer to the deadline. 

I was talking to a friend in the industry and I jokingly said to him, two 2nds is the new 1st with protections that turn into two 2nds. The value of the late 1st has went up and now getting a 1st from any team is EXTREMELY hard. I was told it will be extremely hard to get a 1st in this deadline. At least a real one. The player with the most trade value on the market is Luke Kennard. His rate is a late 1st and there is serious talk that DET might get it for him. DET is NOT rebuilding, they are retooling. They want players who fit their two way or 3/D potential profile like Toronto is doing. AKA players like Tony Snell. They really want one of the top PG's in this year's draft to pair with Rose like Griffin is paired with Sekou. They want to be deep and building the formula that worked for Toronto. 

Ask away. 

Detroit got a new GM and still doing what they were planning anyway. Hayes and Grant

On 1/12/2020 at 9:24 PM, NBASupes said:

He has the biggest trade value on the team after Len of the available players. 

There core aren't available: Cam, Trae, John, Hunt, and Kev. 

The 2019 1sts aren't available as well as future Atlanta based 1sts. . 

Bruno is considered special and only available for a significant asset only. 

OKC 2022 1st is considered special and only available for a significant asset only.  

Atlanta is considering Parker, Len, and Bembry as key young players they want to keep and can help a team's rotation. 

His trade value is a quality 2nd. Teams are interested in Parker. 

I won't say he won't be here around ASB but of the three, he is the one where a trade could be possible. 

They didn't keep none of the non core but this remained as we saw. 

On 1/12/2020 at 9:26 PM, NBASupes said:

Not available. Divac wants a bidding war in FA and take his chances there. 

Luke Kennard

Just OKC who are in year one of their rebuild. Obviously the opposite is happening. A lot of teams think they still have a chance but those who are close aren't exactly buyers or sellers. 

He did and was fired. 

On 1/13/2020 at 7:33 AM, NBASupes said:

Not sure I can answer this question. 

They value their core and other young players, the style of play they want to have, shooting, high pace, and team Basketball overall long term.

I can tell you what they want from their centers is to be defensive anchors with high BBIQ, can execute and make the game easier for the others around them. They want their forwards to be shooters, play team defense, play off the ball on both ends and be switchable. 

They want their wings to be two way. To shoot threes at a high percentage, defend, be switchable and can play multiple positions and to all be able to PDS at a high level long term. 

They got Trae so I don't know what they want outside of that. They love Trae.

Still the same. Nothing changed. 

On 1/14/2020 at 1:14 PM, NBASupes said:

If you notice, the east best teams are loaded with great benches. If you notice, all of the best worse teams are too in the east like Washington and Detroit. 

The Hawks want to start winning games and building a great team, they gotta make that bench a lot better outside of Len and Parker. 

Not a fact check but damn

On 1/19/2020 at 12:43 PM, NBASupes said:

Hold ups and market: 

Adams - His market is dead. Too expensive. Paid 10 million per more than he should be. Teams don't have the cap room and he's not a game changer and is position locked. If a deal with Atlanta doesn't happen, he won't be moved. Atlanta is the only team on the market for Adams. 

Bertrans - Has a big market for two 2nds but most of the 2nds aren't that attractive or are future 2nds. What Washington likes about Atlanta is Jabari Parker who they wanted to resign but Parker asked for like 12-13 mil. He only signed with Atlanta when Washington traded for Bertrans and his market was dead. Atlanta was willing to pay him 3 more million than some of the other offers and they sold him on their health center. Washington is seeking a late 1st or just a 1st period but no one wants to do it.

The belief around the league is, Atlanta will spend a lot of money on bench players this summer and Bertrans is one of the names. Harrell is the other but he said Harrell is not available right now. My guess is LAC wants to keep him for the playoff run. Teams see Davis as a full MLE player. Atlanta willing to go as far as 14 million per with multi-years, teams can't do that especially if they want a shot at 2021. 

Horford - Is a lesser target but Philly is looking at a deal with Orlando to bring Evan F. and T. Ross. Orlando would get DeRozan and Orlando would trade a protected 1st to SA and SA would take Parsons while the Hawks get Horford. This one is more unlikely to be honest. Multi-team deals are hard to complete. 

Len - Is attracting interest. They just have to meet Atlanta's price which I don't know what it is yet. 

Poethl - See Len but for SAS. 

Plumlee - Isn't truly available but Denver is open to convo and Atlanta and them have been talking. 

Marvin Williams - He is a buyout option but Atlanta would like to get him as a backup option as a 5th big which they currently lack. Could be a buy low, impact high move. 

Adams - At his point, his market was too much, never when down

DB - Same

Horford - Atlanta didn't want that contract

Len - At this time, ATL had more value for him than what the market had but dropped it when they got Clint. 

The rest was guys Atlanta called about but couldn't find an agreement at this time. 

On 1/20/2020 at 7:07 AM, NBASupes said:

Chances of Atlanta trading that pick is likely extremely low. Especially since I expect us to finish somewhere around 6-10. It's really a money thing. Draft picks are the most flexible contracts to add to your roster. 4 years, elite control and low salaries gives you a chance to add talent and fit without breaking the bank in FA. Even if you want to break the bank like us. Gives you the cap flexibility to maintain it with higher end talent. 

A no brainer even if you plan on adding just role playing fit guys

Another gem but not a fact check

On 1/22/2020 at 7:25 AM, NBASupes said:

Update: 

Breaking news: I got an update on Steven Adams. While Atlanta has made it clear that neither of the 2020 picks are available, it hasn't stopped OKC from really really really wanting it (Brooklyn 1st). To the point where he's hearing that Danilo Gallinari is possibly in the framework. Note: Before this point, Gallo was never mentioned at all. He was a player OKC wanted a 1st outright for. I've talked to a number of guys and I've been told it's unlikely OKC will get a 1st for Gallo just due to his salary. 

I am hearing some players are likely to be brought out. Iggy is obviously one, people are moving closer to that. Marvin Williams is another with MKG. Evan Turner is one I am hearing linked to Portland. 

Darren Collison is linked to LAL.

The big one he heard this morning is Dallas could be on the market for a cheap replacement of Powell. Don't be shocked if they make a move for Marvin Williams. Might cost them their Utah 2nd rounder which isn't good but it's something for CHA. 

I've been told Atlanta is open to a move for one of Denver's wing reserves. (Beasley, HG, Craig) and I asked about the values of Plumlee which I mentioned earlier and J. Grant. Atlanta sees Denver as an attractive team to speak with for trades. They also asked about M. Porter Jr. but were quickly told his availability was nil as he's a core member long term. 

This is the first time Gallo was linked to the Hawks that I listed. 

On 1/22/2020 at 9:20 AM, NBASupes said:

Atlanta has shown no interest in Adams for that pick. That's why OKC is offering more so they can get that pick. That doesn't mean Atlanta will accept it but now the deal is closer than it was is all.

At the end of the day, Atlanta could land Adams and not trade the pick

This ultimately proved to be false, Atlanta eventually offered the pick but OKC wanted even more. Houston desperate to land RoCo did us a solid. 

On 1/23/2020 at 6:44 AM, NBASupes said:

Update: 

News travels fast, I told ya'll the Hawks will address Brandon Goodwin after the trade deadline with a long term deal. I've heard it's extremely likely now. They are looking at a 3-4 year deal. 

I've also been told Bembry is clearly on the block. 

Hawks are happy Len is back and feel he should be able to showcase soon for his trade value. 

I've been told it's unlikely Jabari Parker will ever play another game as a Hawk. 

Malik Monk is attracting a lot of interest among teams like the Hawks and Knicks. He could be moved. 

Hawks are on the market for a backup 2 or 3 who can shoot to play next to Reddish for the rest of the season. Targeting young players. Told another kid on the Hawks radar is Jordan McRae. 

I've also been told that Dennis Smith is getting 3rd PG looks by some teams. Maybe not have trade value but has some interest. 

Been told that the Robert Covington market is heating up. A lot of teams are in on it. Not us. 

Told it's unlikely Denver and Atlanta will make a deal. Denver prices is too high. 

Told Atlanta and Memphis have been in salary talks for trades. 

Told Dallas has been in talks recently with teams for a backup 4 and 5 since Powell's injury. They don't won't to spend much, they want to keep their GS pick. A straight Courtney Lee swap is what they are targeting if they can't get someone for cheap which is their 1st option. 

Indiana and Atlanta have cut off talks. They were in talks for Sabonis as well as Turner and both went no where. I knew it was over but it seems over over. 

Toronto is open to trading 2nd rounders and McCaw/Johnson for an upgrade, even chatter about possibly wanting to bring back DeRozan. 

Spurs the fairly open to moves for vets but the interest hasn't met their asking price yet. 

Charlotte isn't quite sellers but Atlanta and them have engaged often in talks of a number of players on both sides. I would say we have been as active with them as with anyone. 

Teams Atlanta are targeting for trades the most right now: 

OKC

Charlotte

Washington

Memphis

Minny was on this list but not anymore as them and Atlanta have completed a trade. 

These are the teams that have been eye to eye with Atlanta the most as well. 

Goodwin didn't get a long term deal but he did get a deal. 

All of this ended up happening to some degree. 

On 1/24/2020 at 12:34 PM, NBASupes said:

My guy prepping for ASW with the league. Said expect a lot of smoke with no fizzle for most teams. Said he thinks Atlanta, Denver, OKC, Charlotte, and LAC to make a move this morning. 

He had nothing good tonight. Just giving his opinion in general. 

The beginning of the week is when the good stuff is mentioned.

No

Other than Charlotte and OKC, all of these teams made moves.