• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, GameTime said:

So Collins + 2020 Unprotected ATL 1st for JJJ?

I would imagine more but that would be the framework I would imagine would make MEM interested personally speaking. I know the talks were around two 1sts, one being Brooklyn and a lottery protected one but I would imagine MEM would want the big one instead of the lotto protected picks. 

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I get Collins fit with any good point guard. I even posted on that other board I thought Collins vs JJJ is a toss up and depends on your team build.

With JJJ you absolutely need good rebounders around him.

With Collins you absolutely need a rim protector around him.

Which Atlanta been trying to do. Easier said than done. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would imagine more but that would be the framework I would imagine would make MEM interested personally speaking. I know the talks were around two 1sts, one being Brooklyn and a lottery protected one but I would imagine MEM would want the big one instead of the lotto protected picks. 

Wow Schlenk is going all out for JJJ. How aggressive are the talks?

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No. JJJ ain't worth Collins and two 1st. I am not sure Collins and the Nets 1st is a fair trade.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

I think that is unlikely.  Long term, you are pairing JJJ up with another center.  The way Atlanta plays offense, JJJ’s game could really take off here.  

I mentioned pairing JJJ up with Turner earlier, but it would also work with Poeltl.  

Is JJJ good at the p&r?

20 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Wow Schlenk is going all out for JJJ. How aggressive are the talks?

They started talking when MEM called about Alex Len. Memphis asked about John Collins and his price, Atlanta replied JJJ. Instead of saying no, Memphis looked somewhat interested but not for a even swap. That intrigued TS a lot. This one been out there three weeks but I didn't hear much progress on it till yesterday. TS and the org does covet JJJ and it was ownership who wanted Trae/Luka more for marketing and stardom purposes. My guess is, if we overpaid, it would be inline with TS when he really covets you. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think it’s as a simple as they not believing that JJJ is a power forward. Like supes said Collins is a better scoring big man though JJJ is a better shooter.

So why not make him their center of the future?  They must LOVE Jonas..

Edited by terrell

I think is extremely unlikely Memphis trades JJJ so early, even more difficult for a player with similar skills than their up and coming player. 

Having said that I also think is much much harder to find a Center than a PF, so the move makes sense but not at the cost of our own pick if is top 5. 

I'd honestly have to think long and hard about trading our pick. This draft is just very lackluster. I may flip a few more times but as of now I'd say trade it if a deal for a good young player that isn't crazy emerges. 

I'd also consider trading Collins as well. Get the feeling that you won't be able to mix him and Trae. Hopefully he improves some, but you might have to treat Trae's defense like the younger Isaiah Thomas' and surround him with multiple 2-way players. Can see that idea really working, especially if Reddish ends up being the guy the Hawks obviously project.

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They started talking when MEM called about Alex Len. Memphis asked about John Collins and his price, Atlanta replied JJJ. Instead of saying no, Memphis looked somewhat interested but not for a even swap. That intrigued TS a lot. This one been out there three weeks but I didn't hear much progress on it till yesterday. TS and the org does covet JJJ and it was ownership who wanted Trae/Luka more for marketing and stardom purposes. My guess is, if we overpaid, it would be inline with TS when he really covets you. 

THis is weird considering the Very avg centers he had at GS..

What this does tell me, is we wont be drafting a center.(n o center in the draft fits the JJJ/Turner mold) So its PG and another wing.  or PF...lol

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

JJJ is the reincarnation of Roy Hibbert. I think Trae averages as many rebounds per game as he does.  Collins>>>>JJJ. 

JJJ can legit guard 1 through 5 and can anchor our defense. He is also an elite shot blocker. He's a lot better offensively than I thought he would be coming out of college. I can see what Schlenk is thinking here.