• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

9 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Channing Frye with good defense.

Not saying he is useless, but you’d have to have a strong rebounding 4 with him.

We need all the boards we can for sure. I haven’t watch JJJ much however. Just from looking over stats, I am not sure he’d be worth Collins and a first at all. Not sure how he helps us in a 2-for-1 swap. I am just looking on here and am open to seeing the light 💡 

1 hour ago, terrell said:

So why not make him their center of the future?  They must LOVE Jonas..

Who knows ???? But Jonas isn’t a bad center at all. He’s definitely a lot better than anything we have here currently.

13 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Channing Frye with good defense.

Not saying he is useless, but you’d have to have a strong rebounding 4 with him.

This is exactly my train of thought. JJJ is valuable but rebounding is a major problem....STILL.

the way I have it JJJ is better at PnP and just ok at PnR whereas Collins is way better at PnR and decent enough at PnP that he can torch you once he gets going.

JJJ has defensive anchor written all over him . Collins not so much but trying to improve.

its a tough trade! There’s some good and bad in this deal but I see why Schlenk likes it (It’s a defense trade for us) but I hate it doesn’t resolve the rebounding issue as it’s still staring at us in the face even if JJJ could improve the defense with his presence . Getting Trez over the summer at the 4 doesn’t help that issue he’s not better than Collins either at rebounding and he tires out faster.
Really right now there isn’t a 4 out there that is available who is better than Collins at rebounding unless supes know of someone but a good 4 is more likely to be available than a modern era 5 like JJJ. I really think Schlenk is in full all in mode on JJJ because of his rareness at the 5...that’s it! Like you said a defensive channying Frye but this kid does have DPOY potential.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It makes it hard to grab offensive rebounds, not defensive rebounds.

Correct! As I stated earlier, all I have are stats right now and I’m not sure how he’d be an upgrade on Collins. I haven’t seen how he plays defense and who he tends to guard. If he is more perimeter D, then that would explain those horrific numbers. Not to mention his foul rate is high. 

8 minutes ago, enrique said:

Correct! As I stated earlier, all I have are stats right now and I’m not sure how he’d be an upgrade on Collins. I haven’t seen how he plays defense and who he tends to guard. If he is more perimeter D, then that would explain those horrific numbers. Not to mention his foul rate is high. 

He's legit.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I wasn’t much of a JJJ fan either. His college production worried me some. I’ve been following Memphis boxscores, and he appears to have been really good recently. The rebounding and fouls are still a concern though. He can spread the floor with his shooting and gets a lot of blocks. He’s also not a RFA when John is, which could be a part of our long term plans. I’d consider the deal, but I’m not interested in giving up our first in this upcoming draft.

7 hours ago, KB21 said:

Hmm.  I’d be very interested in pairing up JJJ and Myles Turner down low.  Do Collins plus Brooklyn first for JJJ, and then flip our own first round pick for Turner.  You drastically improve your interior defense and add floor spacers to put around Trae.  Plus, this team doesn’t need to add anymore rookies.  

You'd really trade a 19/10 guy for a 17/4 guy?  Really?

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

No. JJJ ain't worth Collins and two 1st. I am not sure Collins and the Nets 1st is a fair trade.

They should be the ones giving up a first.  4.7 rebounds a game for someone that big is ridiculous.  I don't like this at all.  I hope Schlenk is not stupid enough to get rid of 19/10 for 17/4.  

17 minutes ago, Watchman said:

You'd really trade a 19/10 guy for a 17/4 guy?  Really?

Yes, I would.  I don’t pay much attention to counting stats, but JJJ’s ability to stretch and space the floor on offense and his impact as a defensive player gives him the edge for me over John Collins.  I mean, JJJ is a true unicorn.  He’s an elite rim protector that can guard 1-5 on the floor, and he’s also a legitimate perimeter shooter that will help create space for an elite point guard like Trae as well as cutters like DeAndre Hunter.  

It’s not hard to build a team around JJJ because he has the ability to be an elite four as well as an elite five.  It gives you the flexibility that if you want to go get someone like Jake Poeltl, you can.  If you want a Montreal Harrelson, you can make it work.

I am a big John Collins fan, but it is going to be hard to find a player to play next to him that is both an elite rim protector as well as a floor spacer.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1