• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've been digesting this Collins/JJJ thing - I don't like it one bit! That's all I gotta say.

I have to agreed with this, I don't see it at all.  Besides if the Adams deal goes down, would keeping Collins here would be better unless Collins will be asking for a crazy contract.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yes, I would.  I don’t pay much attention to counting stats, but JJJ’s ability to stretch and space the floor on offense and his impact as a defensive player gives him the edge for me over John Collins.  I mean, JJJ is a true unicorn.  He’s an elite rim protector that can guard 1-5 on the floor, and he’s also a legitimate perimeter shooter that will help create space for an elite point guard like Trae as well as cutters like DeAndre Hunter.  

It’s not hard to build a team around JJJ because he has the ability to be an elite four as well as an elite five.  It gives you the flexibility that if you want to go get someone like Jake Poeltl, you can.  If you want a Montreal Harrelson, you can make it work.

I am a big John Collins fan, but it is going to be hard to find a player to play next to him that is both an elite rim protector as well as a floor spacer.   

Agree with all of that. Only thing is I don’t JJJ can be elite as a 4...I think his defense is better served as a 5 to get the most out of him on that end but then again it all depends on who is at the 5 along with him 

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Harrell already fits off the bench extremely well in his current role. My personal belief is his best role is off the bench in his current role but if you place him next to someone like JJJ, I can see how it can work for both parties if the PG is Trae Young as starters. 

At the end of the day, JJJ is versatile enough on defense to cover for Harrell's positional deficiencies while Harrell is a tremendous rebounder and PnR option to cover for JJJ's Sam Perkins-esque game. Overall, I am not a big fan of JJJ but I do see that he's the perfect fit next to Trae Young and makes it possible to play a flawed defender next to him because his strengths on that end. 

Harrell is a mediocre rebounder.  He only gets 7.2 rebounds while playing 28.7 minutes per game.  JJJ and Harrell would continue to leave us without a rebounder.

2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Harrell is a mediocre rebounder.  He only gets 7.2 rebounds while playing 28.7 minutes per game.  JJJ and Harrell would continue to leave us without a rebounder.

Rebounding Is not that important if you getting buckets

6 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

What would be the chance of getting both Adams and JJJ now, then adding Trez in the off-season? 

Play rotations of Adams+JJJ, JJJ+Trez, maybe occasionally Adams+Trez, plus bench fodder to fill in a few minutes here and there.

Slim to none. They want Adams with Collins. Harrell is likely regardless 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Unless we can shoot 60% from 3, I don't think so.  We would just have to agree to disagree.  

Well if you look back at the 60 win season we didn’t need rebounds since we were a top 5 offense in the league and we were pretty poor at rebounding then again we also made a ton of shots that year.

id rather be as close to the championship warriors as possible and be an efficient and top offensive team and still be very good at rebounding 

5 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Not big on Harrell myself.  

You’re not alone! I like Trez but I don’t know...paying him a ton of money don’t impress me but I do see why Schlenk would do it . He’s not going to fix that bench alone that’s for damn sure 

• Like 3

Adams would be an odd fit offensively.  His efficiency is centrally focused around the basket, and in LP’s offense, the post isn’t fed the ball very much at all.  

He is a great screener, and that’s one aspect of this position that many people overlook.  One of the big things Alex Len added last year was that he was a great screener for the perimeter guys.  

Unless Adams can expand his game like Lopez in Milwaukee and become more of a floor spacer, he’s just not a great fit offensively beside John Collins.  And let’s be honest here.  He’s not going to have a Bud-like coach to make him a better floor spacer the way Bud did with Brook Lopez.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I lied, one more thing I gotta say - if I want a big that is great in the PnP, can defend the PnR, shoot the 3 and give me 5 rebounds a game, I'd just bring Al Horford back. 

:saythat:

Don’t even play like that bird 🦅 that’s just mean. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I lied, one more thing I gotta say - if I want a big that is great in the PnP, can defend the PnR, shoot the 3 and give me 5 rebounds a game, I'd just bring Al Horford back. 

:saythat:

No ma’am ! Not at that salary! ...I think you need a snickers you’re not yourself.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Adams would be an odd fit offensively.  His efficiency is centrally focused around the basket, and in LP’s offense, the post isn’t fed the ball very much at all.  

He is a great screener, and that’s one aspect of this position that many people overlook.  One of the big things Alex Len added last year was that he was a great screener for the perimeter guys.  

Unless Adams can expand his game like Lopez in Milwaukee and become more of a floor spacer, he’s just not a great fit offensively beside John Collins.  And let’s be honest here.  He’s not going to have a Bud-like coach to make him a better floor spacer the way Bud did with Brook Lopez.

Yeah you’re right setting screens is a severely overlooked skillset in big men! I learned that the hard way when we got Howard . He could have been great but he’s not committed to screens when he’s the biggest name on the team! Furthermore as far JJJ goes in comparison with Collins....JJJ isn’t touching Collins on screen setting ability along with the smarts of rolling to the basket or spacing the floor. JJJ actually runs off screens a lot more often than Collins and Collins seems to be the actual screen setter more often than JJJ does.....anyways the full picture need to be taken  into consideration by Schlenk if he’s going to attempt this trade.

oh and by the way I love bud he’s always been a top 5 coach in my opinion but he didn’t develop Lopez 3pt shot. Lopez started shooting 3s good his last season as a net then while he was a laker. Love Bud but he’s not responsible for whom they refer to as Splash Mountain now.

• Like 4