• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They will spend a large percentage of it resigning guys. I don't expect them to be super active in FA considering how active they are right now. 

Resigning guys? Huh

Len and Bembry are our 2 (R)FAs, we are resigning them?

So that means we are targeting guys for trade who are (R)FAs that we are looking to resign or sign to extentions?

• Premium Member

giphy.gif

If they are interesting in re-signing guys we trade for to extensions this off season to use our capspace (also considering that JC is ELIGIBLE for his extension as well): 

1. Are they long term extensions

2. How important is it to maintain capspace flexibility for the 2021 off season if they are re-signing these guys? 

Are we interested in Bogdan Bogdanovich? Or Gallinari?

Or how about Jae Crowder, Marcus Morris, or Baynes? We need shooting and toughness.......(we're too soft)

Tristan Thompson?

Derrick Favors?

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I still won't forgive supes for being all high on Stauskas and Ben Mclemore.

Ben finally putting it together in Houston. Sadly, low awareness, personal IQ, and low skill level is a killer. At least he's polished now and a good shooter. He is killing some metrics by a mile.

Nik simply was a PDS player who couldn't athletically play at the NBA level. A poor man's Huerter. Even though Kevin has taken a step back athleticism wise this year due to injury, he is still several tiers better athletically over Nik. I wanted to feel SAC ruined them but those two just wasn't that talented. 

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Are we interested in Bogdan Bogdanovich? Or Gallinari?

Or how about Jae Crowder, Marcus Morris, or Baynes? We need shooting and toughness.......(we're too soft)

Tristan Thompson?

Derrick Favors?

I can't give too much specifics but for what I know we are pursuing in the trade deadline. Almost none of these guys are targeted. Maybe one or two been mentioned in the past but not recently. That doesn't mean there isn't interest but it might be unlikely to swing a trade for them.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ben finally putting it together in Houston. Sadly, low awareness, personal IQ, and low skill level is a killer. At least he's polished now and a good shooter. He is killing some metrics by a mile.

Nik simply was a PDS player who couldn't athletically play at the NBA level. A poor man's Huerter. Even though Kevin has taken a step back athleticism wise this year due to injury, he is still several tiers better athletically over Nik. I wanted to feel SAC ruined them but those two just wasn't that talented. 

Nah supers, I'm never gonna let you off the hook on those two.  They stink, especially compared to where they were drafted.

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah supers, I'm never gonna let you off the hook on those two.  They stink, especially compared to where they were drafted.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/ben-mclemore

Ben had a very impressive college freshman season. There were plenty that were sold on him based on his shooting, athleticism and his potential. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

http://www.tankathon.com/players/ben-mclemore

Ben had a very impressive college freshman season. There were plenty that were sold on him based on his shooting, athleticism and his potential. 

Hehe, I love that you won't let it go.  It's been what 3 years?  And it still gets a reaction from you.  Stay you, supers.  Stay you.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Any interest in Gorgui Dieng if all other trade targets are too expensive, he can stop gap Center. He has 1yr left at $17.2 million next season.

In Towns' absence over the last 13 games he's averaging:

27 mpg 
13.5 points 
10 rebounds 
2 assists 
3.5 steals + blocks 
57% 2 PT FG% - 44% 3 PT FG% - 83% FT%
For the season Dieng has hit 38% of his 3 pointers. He’s also a career 80+% FT shooter. 

I have always liked Dieng and just thought the Timberwolves outbid themselves on that contract. That would be a out of left field trade that I would have no problem with.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

LOL! He has interest around the league. I don't know if we will get a pick for him but if there is a 1/1 out there, Bembry could be included from my personal take. He didn't tell me what type of interest teams had in Bembry. 

If we had shooters, he would be a great defensive spot player, but we don't.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I still won't forgive supes for being all high on Stauskas and Ben Mclemore.

My man straight attacked me for mentioning McLemore lol.  It’s all love of course.

Yall gotta lay off my boy Bembry, no matter how boneheaded he appears.  Of the 5 most used lineups he’s in both of the positive point ones and none of the 3 negatives:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2020/lineups/

With proper coaching and vets he’s surely a nice rotation piece for a good team.  Just focus on defending, cutting, and making secondary plays.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They will spend a large percentage of it resigning guys. I don't expect them to be super active in FA considering how active they are right now. 

Hmmmm well that writes off Drummond in free agency then shall they are able to make all the moves they want before the deadline 

Just now, NBASupes said:

He is a current trade target but it's unclear how much at this stage.

Gotcha I would say he if he’s acquired it’s just to see how he looks with trae and Collins but even if he Does fit and plays well with them..I get a sense That Schlenk would still have a worry about giving him max money to keep him.

On the flip side I was thinking about such a deal to get Drummond here and if we kept him I’m sure he’d be on a very strict diet not to lose weight necessarily but just to be better conditioned.

looks like to me Drummond can be a hell of a problem if gets in a bit better shape similar to embiid situation (not that Drummond is embiid but I think you get what I’m saying)...better conditioning would make Drummond an absolute beast on all phases.