• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

I wouldn’t mind capela though ...he’s overpaid but I like what he brings in terms of offense and defense. Plus he’s a pretty good screener offensively and can switch on to the perimeter effectively on defense.

the only gripe about him is that he’s not a traditional center size however he hasn’t seem to have had too many problems with holding his own despite his modern era size 

Capela is good defensively, which would be a big plus with Trae in the backcourt.  I just don't see how this happens before the deadline, even in a multi team deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I can't imagine TS willing to do that. 

On the flip side I have no clue why Daryl Morey would want collins anyways . It’s not like Houston uses any of their players offensively outside of harden and Westbrook.

better for them to keep a defensive minded guy in the middle instead of getting another offense guy.

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

On the flip side I have no clue why Daryl Morey would want collins anyways . It’s not like Houston uses any of their players offensively outside of harden and Westbrook.

better for them to keep a defensive minded guy in the middle instead of getting another offense guy.

Plenty of reasons. They want to play small moving forward. Collins plays their style of offense while not killing their defense. It's a no brainer move. 

Just now, Jody23 said:

I think Houston's motivation would be to get draft capital from Atlanta to flip for a wing player like Igoudala.

There is not that much interest in Iggy like that if you are talking about Clint Capela. Capela is their most valuable asset they are willing to move and only for someone who can make them better. Collins fits that script. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is not that much interest in Iggy like that if you are talking about Clint Capela. Capela is their most valuable asset they are willing to move and only for someone who can make them better. Collins fits that script. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jody23 said:

I hope it's all about that Brooklyn pick. I hope. My guy already said we offered the Brooklyn pick and they wanted Collins. Maybe something like Brooklyn 1st/Len will do and they can make their move for Covington. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I hope it's all about that Brooklyn pick. I hope. My guy already said we offered the Brooklyn pick and they wanted Collins. Maybe something like Brooklyn 1st/Len will do and they can make their move for Covington. 

"The Rockets are engaged in three-way trade possibilities that might allow for them to use Capela to gather the draft assets needed to acquire an impact wing player, league sources said.

In talks around the league, the Rockets are expressing hope that they could find a deal -- or a series of deals -- that would bring them back a wing and a center for Capela by Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, sources said."

40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am extremely worried about this one. Houston wanted Collins and not Brooklyn's 1st when I asked. Even if they are willing to add a 1st and what not, it's still a shitty deal to me. 

No way..

6 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

This info leaking says to me that the Rockets are trying to get better offers than what they currently have from anything involving Atlanta.

Can't because Covington is available for a mid 1st which we have due to Brooklyn. Because a wing would be the obvious which would be Robert Covington but I don't see how it's possible with Atlanta unless MIN is willing to trade Layman to ATL as Turner would have to go to MIN.

This is the only possible deal involving Atlanta: 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=w2jyvfa

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Plenty of reasons. They want to play small moving forward. Collins plays their style of offense while not killing their defense. It's a no brainer move. 

But I guess what I’m saying is collins would make them worse defensively even though he brings better offense. Tucker would then have to litterally cover for everyone damn near

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Can't because Covington is available for a mid 1st which we have due to Brooklyn. Because a wing would be the obvious which would be Robert Covington but I don't see how it's possible with Atlanta unless MIN is willing to trade Layman to ATL as Turner would have to go to MIN.

Not that it matters but how in the holy hell does swapping Len for Capela equate to -18 wins for the Hawks?!?!?!

Also, I'd be down with adding Capela fir the Bkn pick as long as we kept JC. That would be brilliant. 

Makes no sense to trade JC for Capela though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I’d be ok with that trade for capela

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There would have to be a second trade, IMO.  You get Capela, and you have to get a floor spacer at the four spot.

We have one in John Collins at the 4. Supes trade scenario didn’t include Collins that’s the one I said I’d be ok with .

• Like 1