• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Crazy thought as I drove in to work this morning.......could the Hawks pair JJJ and Capela in the front court?  I've been against trading JC for JJJ unless they could obtain a rebounder to play along side JJJ.  Well what if they could get Capela for the BKN pick and JJJ for JC plus a future pick?  Would anyone do that?  

How would they fit together?  I'm thinking a lineup of Trae / Cam / Hunter / JJJ / Capela would have scoring, defense, and rebounding.  Thoughts? 

I have been having the same exact thought.  It could be a real terror, both offensively and defensively.  It may just be achievable.

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'll rather Adams over Capela.

Same here but Capela's contract has become very enticing in my mind with all the salary figures going around for bigs

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'll rather Adams over Capela.

Ehhhh man I don’t know ...if you’re saying that because of typical center size I understand but capela is a far better all around defender in this era over Adams. Both can rebound so no difference there maybe outside of Adams boxing out his man better but Adams can’t switch onto the perimeter defensively like capela

i think I’d rather have capela over Adams 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turnermx said:

Same here but Capela's contract has become very enticing in my mind with all the salary figures going around for bigs

Honestly Capela's contract is super attractive, you have many years of control and he comes up for a deal in his age 29 season.  Yeah he has some limitations, but paired with JJJ or Collins I think it's a strong frontcourt.  JJJ would be ideal in this scenario, so much defense and shooting.  Adams and Collins works as well.  It's starting to look to me like there are too many options for a deal to not materialize.  Hawks hold a lot of the cards.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, txsting said:

Honestly Capela's contract is super attractive, you have many years of control and he comes up for a deal in his age 29 season.  Yeah he has some limitations, but paired with JJJ or Collins I think it's a strong frontcourt.  JJJ would be ideal in this scenario, so much defense and shooting.  Adams and Collins works as well.  It's starting to look to me like there are too many options for a deal to not materialize.  Hawks hold a lot of the cards.

Capela or Adams can be super effective with Trae and make Collins even better.  I would hope to see how that works the rest of this season were a trade for either Clint or Steven to materialize before thinking about trading Collins for JJJ

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Ehhhh man I don’t know ...if you’re saying that because of typical center size I understand but capela is a far better all around defender in this era over Adams. Both can rebound so no difference there maybe outside of Adams boxing out his man better but Adams can’t switch onto the perimeter defensively like capela

i think I’d rather have capela over Adams 

Adams is a better defender. Capela is a better switch scheme defender. 

4 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Crazy thought as I drove in to work this morning.......could the Hawks pair JJJ and Capela in the front court?  I've been against trading JC for JJJ unless they could obtain a rebounder to play along side JJJ.  Well what if they could get Capela for the BKN pick and JJJ for JC plus a future pick?  Would anyone do that?  

How would they fit together?  I'm thinking a lineup of Trae / Cam / Hunter / JJJ / Capela would have scoring, defense, and rebounding.  Thoughts? 

Yes. That’s the great part about JJJ.  You can literally build anyway you want around him.  

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That seemed inevitable as the deadline approached and teams got desperate.

Well the thing holding it up is the West is going through LA this year.  Everyone is looking to add a big to try to lessen the impact of the Laker's size and athleticism as well as rumor is that the Clippers are in the market for a bigger big for the same reason.  So all roads go through LA in the West.  In the East, everyone wants a shot blocker to force the Bucks onto the perimeter.  So the big market was expensive but no one bit so teams are starting to pucker.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Exciting trade season this year with so many rumors in the mix.  Will any come to pass?  That is the big question. 

Come the trade deadline will there be new presents to open?

31LhrlNiX9L.jpg

Or will it merely be:

tsatfwf.jpg

Signifying nothing?

• Haha 2