• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

30 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Supes, you hearing what I'm hearing about teams moving off their trade demands for centers now?  Less give to get?

We talked this morning. I even brought up my trade proposal I posted last night but he had nothing new. The west coast stuff usually comes in today and the bay area was all in for the Super Bowl so maybe we will have more news from directs then. 

I told him to get me the latest on the Hawks and all of the centers. He told me he let me know tonight so fingers crossed.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I would give a lot to get Bamba, he would be a huge building block, a good fit. Guys you need to realize we are not going to win a lot with sophomores and 3rd year players, is about growing and improving right now the roster. We might add Adams, Ibaka, Bertans and Joe Harris and still improve no more than 40 wins. Is going to take time, took time for the Warriors and will take time for any young team like us. I am beginning to worry about the impatience of the fan base, if management gets too we could make a major mistake, I think people do not realize we are in the best situation for making a run to the title in 3-4 years, best situation in the league.

On the contrary, we are currently mired in our third losing season.  We are limited on veteran players who know how to win in this league and understand the type of effort it takes to win in this league.  We are sitting here hoping that a lot of players who are young and quite frankly bad right now end up becoming superstars.  This is exactly why teams who do this end up staying in this losing cycle for so long.  See the Minnesota Timberwolves.  They got very bad, ended up making a mistake on Andrew Wiggins and then got KAT.  They are still a very bad basketball team.  

The other part of this is that the “star” player you drafted after that first losing season is already getting tired of the losing.  

From Mark Stein: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/

According to Stein, the 76ers and Rockets are “at the front of the line” for Covington. Houston has its own 2020 first-round pick available to include in a trade offer and is said to be shopping center Clint Capela as well. It’s not clear if Capela would appeal to the Wolves, but a three-team trade is a possibility to reroute another valuable asset to Minnesota.

I think two 1st is a huge ask for Covington but the Hawks could possibly make it happen for the Nets pick or a future protected pick.

• Premium Member

Adams makes 26mill this year and 27.5 mill next year before his contract is up.

Capela makes 17 this year and signed for 3 more years after at 18,19,20 mill respectively through 2022-2023.

So who has the better contract for us if we want to remain flexible? 

@Spud2nique

I think both their contracts are fine for future flexibility. Both allows max cap in 2021 for the FA bonanza.

Capella dollar amount vs Adams' contract length. The value for me is what we'll give up to get either.

Capella's deal will be on the books when Trae, Huerter and Collins are extended which I don't think will hinder us. We can also look to move Capella close to his deal expiring for value if we chose.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

From Mark Stein: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/

I think two 1st is a huge ask for Covington but the Hawks could possibly make it happen for the Nets pick or a future protected pick.

Everytime I see 2 1sts for Covington...I keep asking myself...2 1sts for Covington?? Really??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, AHF said:

Exciting trade season this year with so many rumors in the mix.  Will any come to pass?  That is the big question. 

Come the trade deadline will there be new presents to open?

31LhrlNiX9L.jpg

Or will it merely be:

tsatfwf.jpg

Signifying nothing?

Me the next couple days:

2014%2F08%2F05%2Fc0%2FIntrovert_N.cb617.jpg%2F1200x627.jpg

• Like 2

hace 48 minutos, KB21 dijo:

On the contrary, we are currently mired in our third losing season.  We are limited on veteran players who know how to win in this league and understand the type of effort it takes to win in this league.  We are sitting here hoping that a lot of players who are young and quite frankly bad right now end up becoming superstars.  This is exactly why teams who do this end up staying in this losing cycle for so long.  See the Minnesota Timberwolves.  They got very bad, ended up making a mistake on Andrew Wiggins and then got KAT.  They are still a very bad basketball team.  

The other part of this is that the “star” player you drafted after that first losing season is already getting tired of the losing.  

We are talking about waiting 2 months to end on a much better position than to trade now for some non difference maker vets for nothing because the only thing you can do is hurt your chances at draft night.

I agree on signing good FAs this summer but I also want to add the best available talent to the roster on draft night.

As I said next year even with 4-5 good players on the roster is difficult we will have more than 40 wins. 

Trae will be patient if he understand the plan and someone explain it correctly. We should not ruin the plan for 2 months.We have been shipping players and accumulating losses to have those 2 high picks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

We are talking about waiting 2 months to end on a much better position than to trade now for some non difference maker vets for nothing because the only thing you can do is hurt your chances at draft night.

I agree on signing good FAs this summer but I also want to add the best available talent to the roster on draft night.

As I said next year even with 4-5 good players on the roster is difficult we will have more than 40 wins. 

Trae will be patient if he understand the plan and someone explain it correctly. We should not ruin the plan for 2 months.We have been shipping players and accumulating losses to have those 2 high picks.

winner winner, taco dinner

• Like 1

Update

Major but Minor. Cleveland news pretty much. 

Still waiting for the centers news and what not and that's taking time. 

Tristian Thompson is being targeted by the LAC. LAC isn't open to trading a 1st but they are open to going into the LT. 

John Henson is open to a buyout to join a contender and he's available for trades. No real interest at the moment but things can change. 

Delly is not open to a buyout and wants to stay. 

BIG FISH NEWS

I asked this morning to find out if Andrew Wiggins appeals to the Cavs for K. Love straight up. 

The response he got back was yes, he does. This is potentially groundbreaking news. 

He asked me was this about the Wiggins thing I created and I said yeah, I have a feeling the Hawks are that 3rd team and he said it's 99% likely they are just from the way they been in every multi-team deal but he said he wouldn't know to the extent. Now it makes sense why Atlanta contacted Cleveland about K. Love. 

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Spud2nique

I think both their contracts are fine for future flexibility. Both allows max cap in 2021 for the FA bonanza.

Capella dollar amount vs Adams' contract length. The value for me is what we'll give up to get either.

Capella's deal will be on the books when Trae, Huerter and Collins are extended which I don't think will hinder us. We can also look to move Capella close to his deal expiring for value if we chose.

I think I would do Adams, because it is arguable but not clear who would fit better between Adams and Capela.

Taking Adams means keeping the BKN pick, I think; i'm not sure if the Rockets/Timberwolves would accept the OKC pick.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Neither one of those draft picks will help this team win next season.  You are wanting a top 3 pick in a draft that doesn’t have a legitimate top 3 pick in it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update

Tristian Thompson is being targeted by the LAC. LAC isn't open to trading a 1st but they are open to going into the LT. 

John Henson is open to a buyout to join a contender and he's available for trades. No real interest at the moment but things can change. 

BIG FISH NEWS

I asked this morning to find out if Andrew Wiggins appeals to the Cavs for K. Love straight up. 

The response he got back was yes, he does. This is potentially groundbreaking news. 

He asked me was this about the Wiggins thing I created and I said yeah, I have a feeling the Hawks are that 3rd team and he said it's 99% likely they are just from the way they been in every multi-team deal but he said he wouldn't know to the extent. Now it makes sense why Atlanta contacted Cleveland about K. Love. 

Does it?....I don’t understand why the hell they’d want love. I’d rather they lock up Drummond for the contract he wants . I don’t get this one.

love can shoot 3s and rebound but he’s an even worse defender than Collins (who’s improving)

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update

BIG FISH NEWS

If I’m reading this correctly, exactly how does Atlanta get better now by mediating a deal that allows Cleveland and MInnesota to swap Kevin Love and Andrew Wiggins?  The Hawks would either take on money for a protected 1st that will not help this team win in 2021 or they will take on money for a few 2nd round picks they will not actually use.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Does it?....I don’t understand why the hell they’d want love. I’d rather they lock up Drummond for the contract he wants . I don’t get this one.

love can shoot 3s and rebound but he’s an even worse defender than Collins (who’s improving)

They don't have a 3rd productive big right now. Parker can't play with Collins. Love can play with Collins. He can play with Adams. He can play either position effectively and he's productive. 

Just now, KB21 said:

If I’m reading this correctly, exactly how does Atlanta get better now by mediating a deal that allows Cleveland and MInnesota to swap Kevin Love and Andrew Wiggins?  The Hawks would either take on money for a protected 1st that will not help this team win in 2021 or they will take on money for a few 2nd round picks they will not actually use.

This is why I say this is a big deal. Even though this is just me speaking. I strongly think D'lo will be traded this week because of the 4x LT issue. 

This might happen: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=t6yyfm4

Obviously, Minny has to get the picks for Covington and agree on their personal protection of their pick but Atlanta can steal Wiggins due to helping with the salary issues. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They don't have a 3rd productive big right now. Parker can't play with Collins. Love can play with Collins. He can play with Adams. He can play either position effectively and he's productive. 

Oh! This is a move to get love and STILL add Adams...ok I’m there . I don’t love it but I get it now 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is why I say this is a big deal. Even though this is just me speaking. I strongly think D'lo will be traded this week because of the 4x LT issue. 

Obviously, Minny has to get the picks for Covington and agree on their personal protection of their pick but Atlanta can steal Wiggins due to helping with the salary issues. 

Why would the Hawks want Wiggins?  He’s a negative player who will not help this team win in any way.  Bad shooter, poor defender....etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Oh! This is a move to get love and STILL add Adams...ok I’m there . I don’t love it but I get it now 

Makes a lot of sense. We don't have to spend on Harrell either but still get an impact bench player without given up draft assets. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That is a strong move for us, still leaves room to get Adams too. Who would start in that scenario? JC or Love or Adams to come off the bench?