• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know why some of you guys are against getting Love. He would be a serious coup to our bench. 

$31M, $31M, $29M - next three year's salary

60, 59, 22 - games played the last three years

32 years old - Love's age at the start of next season

Would we sign Love to a 3 year deal for $90M?  If not, why trade for him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yes.  Or just make a deal with Minnesota and get Covington.  

That is an entirely separate deal.  Minnesota wants value for him.  Covington would be a nice add to the roster on a fine contract for two more years after this season.  Unlike Wiggins and Love, he will be highly desired.  I would give up value for him so that is just a question of negotiations.  

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yes.  Or just make a deal with Minnesota and get Covington.  

I say just make a deal for Capella and let the Rockets sort out getting Covington. Parker, Len, and a future protected 1st or the Nets pick.

Just now, AHF said:

That is an entirely separate deal.  Minnesota wants value for him.  Covington would be a nice add to the roster on a fine contract for two more years after this season.  Unlike Wiggins and Love, he will be highly desired.  I would give up value for him so that is just a question of negotiations.  

I wouldn't, where's he gonna play. Reddish/Hunter/Kevin are locked into huge mins. He could play PF but that means Collins at the 5. 

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I’m still trying to visualize Kevin Love effectively helping this team win.  I’m not sure I see it, especially for that contract.

Wiggins is an absolute NO!! 

I thought you were for Kevin Love to Atlanta yesterday

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't, where's he gonna play. Reddish/Hunter/Kevin are locked into huge mins. He could play PF but that means Collins at the 5. 

You put two of them in back up roles where they belong right now.  

Just now, NBASupes said:

I thought you were for Kevin Love to Atlanta yesterday

I’ve been back and forth in my head on him.  

Just now, NBASupes said:

No way I give up two 1st for him. That is a type of trade to make to get you over the top. We are not getting over the top of anything this year; and 99.9% sure next year. Unless you think a 8th seed is over the top.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I think some other team will value him more than us because anyone ending up with Covington will probably be a playoff team this season where he could make a difference for them in the post-season.  He would make us deep and talented at the 2-4 for the next two years which isn't a bad thing.  Competition on the roster wouldn't stop me if we could get him at the right price.  I just think someone else will be needing him more and offering more.  He should have more value to another team.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

No way I give up two 1st for him. That is a type of trade to make to get you over the top. We are not getting over the top of anything this year; and 99.9% sure next year. Unless you think a 8th seed is over the top.

This team will never get to the point where it is just a trade away from being over the top of they continue to overvalue underdeveloped young players over veterans.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know why some of you guys are against getting Love. He would be a serious coup to our bench. 

I was high on Love 4 or 5 years ago, but he hasn’t been that great the last few years... And he doesn’t help on the defensive end. Where the team needs help.

Getting him wouldn’t be doom or anything.... Just not enthusiastic about it.

Edited by Plainview1981

21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This team will never get to the point where it is just a trade away from being over the top of they continue to overvalue underdeveloped young players over veterans.  

You have to let players develop before deciding they are bust. Lord man, not every pick can be Luka, Trae, Zion, Ja like in their 1st year.

Imagine moving Hunter, Reddish, or Huerter for someone like Wiggins or Love; and two years from now, they are not only better but they are cheaper. GMs cannot be short sighted. I watched a round table of owners like a year after Bud had signed Bazemore and Howard to their contracts.

Cuban, Jeanie, Ressler and one or two other owners were in it. Cuban stated the hardest lesson for him to learn early on as a owner was that his management team would spend his last dollar to save their jobs. Cuban was looking directly at Ressler when he said it. Ressler rolled his eyes and smiled at the comment and Jeanie got a good laugh out of it.

You remind me of what Cuban was talking about.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You have to let players develop before deciding they are bust. Lord man, not every pick can be Luka, Trae, Zion, Ja like in their 1st year.

Imagine moving Hunter, Reddish, or Huerter for someone like Wiggins; and two years from now, they are not only better but they are cheaper. GMs cannot be short sighted. I watched a round table of owners like a year after Bud had signed Bazemore and Howard to their contracts.

Cuban, Jeanie, Ressler and one or two other owners were in it. Cuban stated the hardest lesson for him to learn early on as a owner was that his management team would spend his last dollar to save their jobs. Cuban was looking directly at Ressler when he said it. Ressler rolled his eyes and smiled at the comment and Jeanie got a good laugh out of it as well.

You remind me of what Cuban was talking about.

The team will lose a lot of games while you are waiting on these players to develop.  

They would develop better in a reserve role in a winning team anyway.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Let me count the ways:

1. Huge HUGE HUGE contract
  2. He's old and often injured - side discussion, does he even fit the Hawks timeline?
  3. How is he gonna come of the bench and get minutes with JC and a legit C in play? 
  4. He's a malcontent (or have you forgotten his tantrumS earlier this year)
  5. He's on the downside of his career

Just don't see any positives for Kevin Love as a Hawk. 

1. Yes, no doubt about that.

2. That is why he will come off the bench. Slightly less minutes and load management games.

3. Backup 4 and small ball 5. JC doesn't play the whole game and Adams doesn't matchup well with every team. There will be minutes for K Love.

4. He's malcontent because he wants to win and be paid. The Cavs aren't trying to win, the Hawks would be if these trades are made.

5. See points 2 & 3.

Edited by LucastheThird

I just don't get it why you want to run now, makes no sense at all.

Every scenario I see give us better team next year if we stay pat. 

I will give you two scenarios now and you tell me how can you improve by trading now.

Best case scenario

Draft Wiseman and  RJ Hampton or Stewart or Carney Jr

Sign Drummond for 20m$ a year, Bertans and Ibaka for 10 and 8. Sign Bigdanovic for 12.

Young/Teague/Hampton

Bogdanovic/Huerter/Hampton

Hunter/Reddish

Collins/Bertans/Ibaka

Drummond/Wiseman/Ibaka

Most likely scenario

Draft Okongwu and Hampton or Stewart

Sign Wood, Noel and Baynes (or Len) for 6,  9 and 6 m$. Sign Jor Harris for 10.

Young/Teague/Hampton

Harris/Huerter/Hampton

Hunter/Reddish

Collins/Wood/Okongwu

Noel/Baynes/Okongwu/Fernando.

You could even trade for Adams instead of getting Noel.

Now tell me how you can improve that by trading the picks, I don't get it. Best case scenario is likely, if we win 12 games now is not. Most likely scenario is where we are heading anyway.

Edited by gurpilo

2 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I just don't get it why you want to run now, makes no sense at all.

Every scenario I see give us better team next year if we stay pat. 

I will give you two scenarios now and you tell me how can you improve by trading now.

Best case scenario

Draft Wiseman and  RJ Hampton or Stewart or Carney Jr

Sign Drummond for 20m$ a year, Bertans and Ibaka for 10 and 8. Sign Bigdanovic for 12.

Young/Teague/Hampton

Bogdanovic/Huerter/Hampton

Hunter/Reddish

Collins/Bertans/Ibaka

Drummond/Wiseman/Ibaka

Most likely scenario

Draft Okongwu and Hampton or Stewart

Sign Wood, Noel and Baynes (or Len) for 6,  9 and 6 m$. Sign Jor Harris for 10.

Young/Teague/Hampton

Harris/Huerter/Hampton

Hunter/Reddish

Collins/Wood/Okongwu

Noel/Baynes/Okongwu/Fernando.

You could even trade for Adams instead of getting Noel.

Now tell me hiw you can imorove that by trsding the picks, I don't get it. Best case scenario is likely, if we win 12 games now is not. Most likely scenario us where we are heading anyway.

Neither scenario puts the Hawks into playoff contention next season.  

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The team will lose a lot of games while you are waiting on these players to develop.  

They would develop better in a reserve role in a winning team anyway.  

The team has already lost a lot of games; so that is spilled milk. Next season, a .500 team will be the expectation; and if not drastic changes will be on the horizon. We may get that anyway in a blockbuster.

That China revenue loss is not to be taken lightly. It is quite possibly a reason the trade talks are picking up in what was suppose to be a slow deadline.

Edited by Buzzard