• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

hace 1 minuto, KB21 dijo:

Neither scenario puts the Hawks into playoff contention next season.  

Scenario 1 makes you a playoff team next year and a contender in 3-4. Scenario 2 you are barely making the playoffs.

None of the scenarios younare suggesting for guys that are really available takes us to a better land. Love will not improve the team, Adams is much more expensive than Noel and is not playing better. Capela might be a good addition and cheaper but we don't have what Houston wants. And none of those scenarios give you next year a better team, you just lose assets

3 minutes ago, turnermx said:

This isn't happening. Minimum 25m which he isn't worth, keeping us from making a splash in 2021 FA

He and his agent will probably try and play Detroit vs Charlotte against each other in a bidding war.

• Like 2

hace 3 minutos, turnermx dijo:

This isn't happening. Minimum 25m which he isn't worth, keeping us from making a splash in 2021 FA

This isn’t happening today, would you think Cousins had to sign for 2 million? I think Drummond market is more 20 than 30. I might be wrong but that is why I say best case scenario, price goes down and you are able to sign him

17 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I just don't get it why you want to run now, makes no sense at all.

Every scenario I see give us better team next year if we stay pat. 

I will give you two scenarios now and you tell me how can you improve by trading now.

Best case scenario

Draft Wiseman and  RJ Hampton or Stewart or Carney Jr

Sign Drummond for 20m$ a year, Bertans and Ibaka for 10 and 8. Sign Bigdanovic for 12.

Young/Teague/Hampton

Bogdanovic/Huerter/Hampton

Hunter/Reddish

Collins/Bertans/Ibaka

Drummond/Wiseman/Ibaka

Most likely scenario

Draft Okongwu and Hampton or Stewart

Sign Wood, Noel and Baynes (or Len) for 6,  9 and 6 m$. Sign Jor Harris for 10.

Young/Teague/Hampton

Harris/Huerter/Hampton

Hunter/Reddish

Collins/Wood/Okongwu

Noel/Baynes/Okongwu/Fernando.

You could even trade for Adams instead of getting Noel.

Now tell me how you can improve that by trading the picks, I don't get it. Best case scenario is likely, if we win 12 games now is not. Most likely scenario is where we are heading anyway.

It's just my opinion, but you are continually putting WAY too much value on this year's picks. None of these players appear to be able to help the Hawks next year. Not Wiseman. Not Edwards. Not Hampton. Not Okongwu. None of them. Trading the picks for players that are more established and further along in their development will, imo, help bring the timeline for all the players to a more equitable period and will put an end tot he continual lottery prospects. 

At some point you have to cut the cord of the lottery and center your team around more experienced and established, legitimate NBA players. Not developmental prospects. With Trae's rapid assent to stardom, the timeframe was ramped up. This entire roster needs an overhaul, and my preference is to utilize the picks to obtain more proven NBA commodities. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

He and his agent will probably try and play Detroit vs Charlotte against each other in a bidding war.

Agreed, some team will be foolish enough to end up overpaying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

In order to complete the deal for D'lo, GS/MIN needs a 3rd team that can eat the bulk of the salary and save them money. 

Love would come off the bench. Since he can play the 4 and 5. He fits perfectly in our rotation. 

He wont like coming off the bench for a 13 win team..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Update

Nothing on the centers still. 

But the value train is going one place and that's to Orlando. 

Washington and Golden State are stocking up assets to take a shot at Aaron Gordon who currently isn't available due to playoffs position and they are looking for an exact players they covet in the draft or via trade(ORL). 

So Gordon is one of the names I got that teams are willing to trade major value for. 

Both GS and WAS are not willing to part with core. 

He also gave me an update on Russell. There are two teams who both are working on deals for Russell and that's clear by now. NYK and MIN. Both want him bad and are looking at a number of options. This one could get interesting. NYK aren't as interested as MIN is though but they have easier benefits for GS than MIN unless they get another team involved. 

That's all he got in terms of bigger news. He said most of what's becoming mainstream is what's out there. 

Still waiting for updates on Bamba, JJJ, Capela, Adams, and other centers. 

Gordon has been on the rumor bandwagon for a season or more; but Isaac's injury put it on hold a little while. The NYK and Timberwolves report was given hours ago.

I like the idea of Gordon for Russell but think GSW would ask for more in return.

Just now, Buzzard said:

Boston getting Capella would suck but they have some pieces.

I just posted in the capela thread...but yeah Ainge gets shit done and man if that team can keep the right amount of assets and get capela that would be something else for them! I would have to actually consider them a threat to the bucks with placing capela at center ...no he can’t stop giannis but he can challenge him and that’s all you really ask of a player going up against a soon to be two time mvp. Not to mention he can get out on the perimeter and defend. 
I believe capela can look even better defensively with wings like Tatum and brown .

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I just don't get it why you want to run now, makes no sense at all.

Every scenario I see give us better team next year if we stay pat. 

I will give you two scenarios now and you tell me how can you improve by trading now.

Best case scenario

Draft Wiseman and  RJ Hampton or Stewart or Carney Jr

Sign Drummond for 20m$ a year, Bertans and Ibaka for 10 and 8. Sign Bigdanovic for 12.

Young/Teague/Hampton

Bogdanovic/Huerter/Hampton

Hunter/Reddish

Collins/Bertans/Ibaka

Drummond/Wiseman/Ibaka

Most likely scenario

Draft Okongwu and Hampton or Stewart

Sign Wood, Noel and Baynes (or Len) for 6,  9 and 6 m$. Sign Jor Harris for 10.

Young/Teague/Hampton

Harris/Huerter/Hampton

Hunter/Reddish

Collins/Wood/Okongwu

Noel/Baynes/Okongwu/Fernando.

You could even trade for Adams instead of getting Noel.

Now tell me how you can improve that by trading the picks, I don't get it. Best case scenario is likely, if we win 12 games now is not. Most likely scenario is where we are heading anyway.

Harris is no better than HUerter..Probabl worse as he cant make plays..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Besides Len and Parker for Capella, Turner for Capella works also. Its really tight with Turner and puts the Rockets higher up in the cap this year. Turner would have to be the piece sent to Minnesota for them to consider it in my opinion; and Minnesota would have to add in a player/contract along with Covington to make it work.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Oh, I do get it.  The longer we keep overvaluing draft picks, the more this team is going to lose.  We are essentially still collecting losses for a maybe.  As in, maybe one of these prospects will be better than they have shown.  We are already overvaluing another maybe in Cam Reddish.  

You are thick.  I'm all for trading the picks to get help now, we don't need more rooks.  But we can so easily nab a top 4 pick with just a bit more patience.  But there is zero point to win a bunch of games to close out this wasted season, and I don't give a crap what Trae thinks about it because we have total control of him.  We will make the playoffs next year and everyone is going to be happy.  That's a stone cold lock, barring more injuries/suspensions.

What a piece a top 4 pick would be to dangle in a big trade this summer!  How much more return value could we get in a trade?  At the VERY least you can trade out and pick up an additional first round pick for next year.  Can't you see what value a simple mid round 1st brings?  This trade deadline, you're talking Capela or Adams possibly for this BKN pick.  Yes, please, I want another asset of this quality.  We are going to have to make moves next year as well.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

No way I give up two 1st for him. That is a type of trade to make to get you over the top. We are not getting over the top of anything this year; and 99.9% sure next year. Unless you think a 8th seed is over the top.

Any deal where you take on Love's contract sees you getting back something and them getting cap relief contracts. Not you sending 1sts? 

What's the emoji for WTF?

A deal for Love would be something like Turner and Parker for Love + future 1st from Cleveland (lottery protected). They do it to clear $30 million off the books going forward and a rental in Parker. We do it for the future 1st to use as trade fodder later and to add another big body that can rebound. With going on $70 million available for next year, someone has to take that money. Plus in 2 years we spin Love for cap relief when he's an expiring. You really are only taking on 2 years of Love.

• Like 1