• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, txsting said:

You are thick.  I'm all for trading the picks to get help now, we don't need more rooks.  But we can so easily nab a top 4 pick with just a bit more patience.  But there is zero point to win a bunch of games to close out this wasted season, and I don't give a crap what Trae thinks about it because we have total control of him.  We will make the playoffs next year and everyone is going to be happy.  That's a stone cold lock, barring more injuries/suspensions.

What a piece a top 4 pick would be to dangle in a big trade this summer!  How much more return value could we get in a trade?  At the VERY least you can trade out and pick up an additional first round pick for next year.  Can't you see what value a simple mid round 1st brings?  This trade deadline, you're talking Capela or Adams possibly for this BKN pick.  Yes, please, I want another asset of this quality.  We are going to have to make moves next year as well.

This team is nowhere near playoff contention as constructed.   There is also no such thing as a meaningless win, and the beat thing that could happen is i these young players is to get a taste of winning over the final games of the season.  

11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Any deal where you take on Love's contract sees you getting back something and them getting cap relief contracts. Not you sending 1sts? 

What's the emoji for WTF?

A deal for Love would be something like Turner and Parker for Love + future 1st from Cleveland (lottery protected). They do it to clear $30 million off the books going forward and a rental in Parker. We do it for the future 1st to use as trade fodder later and to add another big body that can rebound. With going on $70 million available for next year, someone has to take that money. Plus in 2 years we spin Love for cap relief when he's an expiring. You really are only taking on 2 years of Love.

That reply was to Covington and the two first asking price. It had nothing to do with Love. Take a deep breath and read the below context I replied to.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

That is an entirely separate deal.  Minnesota wants value for him.  Covington would be a nice add to the roster on a fine contract for two more years after this season.  Unlike Wiggins and Love, he will be highly desired.  I would give up value for him so that is just a question of negotiations.  

I wouldn't, where's he gonna play. Reddish/Hunter/Kevin are locked into huge mins. He could play PF but that means Collins at the 5. 

Edited by Buzzard

hace 59 minutos, REHawksFan dijo:

It's just my opinion, but you are continually putting WAY too much value on this year's picks. None of these players appear to be able to help the Hawks next year. Not Wiseman. Not Edwards. Not Hampton. Not Okongwu. None of them. Trading the picks for players that are more established and further along in their development will, imo, help bring the timeline for all the players to a more equitable period and will put an end tot he continual lottery prospects. 

At some point you have to cut the cord of the lottery and center your team around more experienced and established, legitimate NBA players. Not developmental prospects. With Trae's rapid assent to stardom, the timeframe was ramped up. This entire roster needs an overhaul, and my preference is to utilize the picks to obtain more proven NBA commodities. 

You could be right but no GM on the world would trade a top 5 pick for Capela, or for Adams, plain and simple, none. BKN Pick, OKC pick? Might be but there is good depth on this draft and teams know it, that is why they are looking for picks. There is a reason OKC and Houston are looking to trade both and we have similar players at FA this year, Noel, Drummond, Whiteside, Baynes...

I think there are like 20 players in the draft with legit shot to become good rotation players and a clear top 3 with another clear top 10. I might be wrong, is true but if we have more chances we may hit big on a pick. I haven’t seen a trade that bring us a starter yet, just the Adams trade for Parsons and OKC pick, I am all in for that trade.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

You could be right but no GM on the world would trade a top 5 pick for Capela, or for Adams, plain and simple, none. BKN Pick, OKC pick? Might be but there is good depth on this draft and teams know it, that is why they are looking for picks. There is a reason OKC and Houston are looking to trade both and we have similar players at FA this year, Noel, Drummond, Whiteside, Baynes...

I think there are like 20 players in the draft with legit shot to become good rotation players and a clear top 3 with another clear top 10. I might be wrong, is true but if we have more chances we may hit big on a pick. I haven’t seen a trade that bring us a starter yet, just the Adams trade for Parsons and OKC pick, I am all in for that trade.

You haven't seen me suggest trading Atl pick for Capela. That would be dumb. But I'd trade the BKN pick in a second. I also would package the ATL pick or a future pick with JC if it netted a legit starter. 

I would do BKN pick for Capela 

I would do JC plus Atl 1st for JJJ

That would be outstanding imo and would better match the timeline of Trae, Kev, and the rooks. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

You haven't seen me suggest trading Atl pick for Capela. That would be dumb. But I'd trade the BKN pick in a second. I also would package the ATL pick or a future pick with JC if it netted a legit Superstar

That would be outstanding imo and would better match the timeline of Trae, Kev, and the rooks. 

Fixed it for you. 

I consider Capela a legit starter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

hace 7 minutos, REHawksFan dijo:

You haven't seen me suggest trading Atl pick for Capela. That would be dumb. But I'd trade the BKN pick in a second. I also would package the ATL pick or a future pick with JC if it netted a legit starter. 

I would not do JC for JJJ if Atl pick is top 3, no way

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah kudos to you ! It really is all great fit! What we’d be betting on is cam reddish becoming the 2nd best scorer next to trae and I believe the kid can be that plus more . I think JJJ can replace Collins pts pretty easily with that 3pt stroke though he won’t provide much versatility in scoring like Collins but pts are pts 

this is the only way I trade Collins ...ONLY way! ....if you can’t get JJJ though you don’t make such a trade!

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1