• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, warcore said:

Never mind I just read the article. I can't believe GSW turned down the BKN and MIN pick for someone they were planning on renting all along. 

It's really not about renting. It's about wanting to see how Steph and Russell play together and getting into the off-season where they know where everything stands. Minny been knowing this but are banking on Lacob not wanting to pay that 75 million for being a repeat offender for the LT. My guy says, he's making bank due to the new arena, he doesn't care about the LT. 

I still think Minny should do the deal. It's the best deal they will get for Covington. Having those assets will open up the door to other deals this off-season but I know they want to stop the bleeding. 

I would trade Jabari Parker for D.J. Augustin or trade players for Delly. Shit, even look at trading a 2nd rounder and Crabbe to DET for Reggie Jackson. Find a way Minny. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 2

This might not be relevant right now but we are working on a three team trade of scrubs, buyouts, and reclamation projects that might or might not happen. There is no assets, just savings and roster slots for most involve. There is strings and obviously, if a player in this deal can be moved for value, they will be moved. Chances are, one or two of these guys will be bought out.

• Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This might not be relevant right now but we are working on a three team trade of scrubs, buyouts, and reclamation projects that might or might not happen. There is no assets, just savings and roster slots for most involve. There is strings and obviously, if a player in this deal can be moved for value, they will be moved. Chances are, one or two of these guys will be bought out.

I’m wondering about the chances of acquiring another shooter/scorer off the bench.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I’m wondering about the chances of acquiring another shooter/scorer off the bench.

For us, slim to none. McRae is a guy Atlanta likes. We aren't connected to the available shooters due to cost. They been looking for a shooter bad. Overpriced right now.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Okay so that's in motion now? 

Update: 

Hawks end, nothing new to add

Covington - Russell - Capela Centered Deal

As mentioned by O'Connor, the Atlanta/HOU/MIN framework is agreed to at this time but the ultimate is obviously the Russell bit. 

MIN is not willing to give an unprotected pick. They want to give a top 5 protected pick, top 3 protected pick, that in time becomes unprotected. GS wants an unprotected. 

Beyond GS wanting an unprotected pick. GS does not want to take on Wiggins and they want to reroute him. Even if they trade Russell, they are open to getting rid of LT even though they aren't dire to do it. 

MIN is trying to figure out how they can do a deal where Dieng is the centerpiece that GS covets, not Wiggins but are financially having a hard time as Russell makes nearing 12 million more. 

GS would like to do a deal where they can giveaway both Robinson and Burks while taking on Okogie and Layman with Dieng but MIN has obliged to the deal. This would give GS just enough to go under the LT as well as gather several draft assets. MIN has no interest in moving either player and see both are players they want to keep moving forward.

MIN is working on other options at this time to get Russell. I've been told MIN is open to giving a sweeter for someone to take on Wiggins. It make take a 1st. This will be expensive for MIN. It will literally cost them three 1sts if that to land Russell if they have to trade Wiggins as well. 

The plan for MIN is to add Russell without trading the young core. Wiggins and Dieng seem not to be a part of that planning from his understanding. While MIN should be getting buyer's remorse, they just like HOU are headstrong on this. 

Current framework MIN wants: Wiggins, HOU 1st, BK 1st, MIN top 5 protected 1st, Wiggins for Russell

Current framework GS wants: BK 1st, MIN top 5 protected 1st, Dieng, Okogie, and Layman for Russell. GR3 and Burks being given away if possible. 

Likely framework that I think could work: BK 1st, MIN top 5 protected 1st, Dieng, exp fillers for Russell and exp filler. With Wiggins and HOU 1st going elsewhere for exp fillers. 

One more major update: 

Spurs have been really looking potential deals involving DeRozan. Charlotte and Memphis has shown some interest. 

They have also been putting out fillers on LMA and Rudy Gay. Could be a firesale in San Antonio. Nothing concrete yet. 

• Thanks 2

Before I forget, MIN offered Wiggins to CHA for Batum as an even swap and CHA declined. CHA has declined all Batum deals this year. CHA looks like their remodeling their house and want to do it around Graham, Bridges, and Washington. Do not be shocked if they can trade their 1st with Batum for a quality player this off-season but I have my doubts. CHA is a team that are almost like Atlanta. Asset hunting but asset collecting. Depends if it fits what they want to do.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I thought the Adams deal was 95% done just agents getting everything done.  What happened there?  

It's still ongoing. This is the NBA. Teams know the longer things take, offers get pulled and other offers that might be better become available. We had deals recent as last year where we were in the final stages and the other team took the other deal which was always in the lead. (Fultz)

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's still ongoing. This is the NBA. Teams know the longer things take, offers get pulled and other offers that might be better become available. We had deals recent as last year where we were in the final stages and the other team took the other deal which was always in the lead. (Fultz)

For that reason, 95% seems too high for any deal that isn’t a done deal with only the paperwork to finish.  Anything where people are still talking to each other or to others has to be significantly below 95%.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, AHF said:

For that reason, 95% seems too high for any deal that isn’t a done deal with only the paperwork to finish.  Anything where people are still talking to each other or to others has to be significantly below 95%.

95% probability is different than 95% from an agile POV. I should have probably clarified that

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the framework/construction of a deal (for Adams) has been agreed upon.  But that doesn't mean a deal will happen.  Both sides have to now press the "Go" button.  Atlanta is likely waiting to see what happens with the Capela deal.  Which of course means OKC could, in the meantime, get a better offer, or get cold feet.  Who knows, OKC may have other irons in the fire and they may not be ready to say "Go" yet on the deal.

• Like 2