• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Parker

Len 

Brooklyn 1st 

Is still what we giving in terms of Capela. 

It's the Wiggins thing that ya'll might hate.

As far as MIN, their getting punked for their future picks. GS don't want HOU or Brooklyn picks, they want more Minny picks. 

That said this deal so f***ing good for MIN, I don't blame them for taking up the butt for this one. They might have two 1sts for this draft and up to 30 million. They are looking like a trade force for the summer.

We should keep our Brooklyn pick if we have to take Wiggins.

Minny should just walk away from GSW - DLo isn't worth that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Hold on. You cant take on Wiggins and his 27 million salary without Parsons going out. So if I understand this, its Len, Parker, Parsons for Capella, Wiggins? + whatever other moving pieces per team. Am I getting this right?

Parsons ain't in the deal. Turner and a shitload of filler from our end. Also, this trade has to be broken down so that ATL-MIN-HOU can work first. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Getting rid of Wiggings + DLo might be worth it for them.  Tough call.

Just now, Sothron said:

Wiggins is having his best year in the NBA but I wouldn't take him on a max contract. Taking him on would kill our cap space and jeopardize our wing development. 

And his best year is the 10th best player on a really bad Minnesota team according to WS/48.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Jake Layman is a target Atlanta is taking for helping take Wiggins. So TS didn't do it for free

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I will say, just like I did with Evan Turner, that I don't know the guy personally and maybe he can turn his approach to the game completely around.  However, he will need to check his ego and do things he refused to do in Minnesota to actually help this team and there is nothing he could ever do to get earn his pay.  Just like with Turner, I'll hope for the best if we get him but Turner was every bit as bad as I predicted on the floor and was even worse than I predicted in the lockerroom. I have a seriously hard time seeing Wiggins getting paid his $30M/per and being content playing a much more limited role.  I'd bet heavily on him being unhappy unless he can keep shooting without a conscious and the risk/reward just isn't there.

Brooklyn, Len and Parker for Capela is fair by itself.  

Add in taking on Wiggins without getting something extremely valuable and that is not a fair deal.  And I don't think Minnesota's unprotected 1st is on the table or valuable enough to justify this.  We are already in line to get a lottery pick from this draft.  We don't need a second so much that we block ourselves from being able to recruit FAs in 2021.

I don’t disagree lol I’m definitely not trying to make it seem like Wiggins is ok 😂....I just think thats how these things work out sometimes when trying to acquire a player you really want but hey maybe Schlenk need to just walk away if capela HAS to bring along Wiggins too.

theres other options...go back to okc even . I just think capela is the type of big man you want by JC and is a bit of a better fit over Adams 

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I will say, just like I did with Evan Turner, that I don't know the guy personally and maybe he can turn his approach to the game completely around.  However, he will need to check his ego and do things he refused to do in Minnesota to actually help this team and there is nothing he could ever do to get earn his pay.  Just like with Turner, I'll hope for the best if we get him but Turner was every bit as bad as I predicted on the floor and was even worse than I predicted in the lockerroom. I have a seriously hard time seeing Wiggins getting paid his $30M/per and being content playing a much more limited role.  I'd bet heavily on him being unhappy unless he can keep shooting without a conscious and the risk/reward just isn't there.

Brooklyn, Len and Parker for Capela is fair by itself.  

Add in taking on Wiggins without getting something extremely valuable and that is not a fair deal.  And I don't think Minnesota's unprotected 1st is on the table or valuable enough to justify this.  We are already in line to get a lottery pick from this draft.  We don't need a second so much that we block ourselves from being able to recruit FAs in 2021.

I don’t disagree lol I’m definitely not trying to make it seem like Wiggins is ok 😂....I just think thats how these things work out sometimes when trying to acquire a player you really want but hey maybe Schlenk need to just walk away if capela HAS to bring along Wiggins too.

theres other options...go back to okc even . I just think capela is the type of big man you want by JC and is a bit of a better fit over Adams 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

giphy.gif

i'M LOOKING...

giphy.gif

He is a 3 point shooting white guy small forward. He's been hurt. He's ok. A good shooter off the bench for the wing.

Not remotely worth taking on Wiggins deal just FYI.

I know I watch the most Twolf games of everyone here and I assure you that Minnesota is desperate af to dump Wiggins to try and lure or trade for someone to put next to KAT.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

he's definitely not the 10th best player on the Twolves. These advanced stats aren't telling his story. The Wolves had KAT out a month plus, they traded Teague and like us don't really have much of a NBA roster at this point. Wiggins is forced to shoot more than he probably should. 

The guy will never live up to that deal. This is kinda like the Joe Johnson situation. Ignoring that Wiggins has improved his year and is playing his best ball because of that albatross contract is not really fair to his play on the court.

That being said DUE to his contract no way I would want him on the Hawks. The only Twolf I want here is KAT.

Let’s take a step back and don’t look at Wiggins contract....do you think trae can help Wiggins get to another level ?

wiggins won’t live up to his contract but I do believe he can be a better player. He just need to have his mental game checked and explained you are not the guy anymore .

• Like 2

We aint buying Wiggins just to get Capela. Can anyone here not recognize BS when they see it? Its a four team trade with Wiggins involved and that is to get another pick so GSW would be willing to take on Wiggins for Russell.

The Minnesota Timberwolves continue to try to orchestrate a four-team trade that would allow them to acquire D'Angelo Russell from the Golden State Warriors.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257059/Andrew-Wiggins-Likely-Would-Need-To-Be-Included-In-Any-Trade-For-DAngelo-Russell

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We aint buying Wiggins just to get Capela. Can anyone here not recognize BS when they see it? Its a four team trade with Wiggins involved and that is to get another pick so GSW would be willing to take on Wiggins for Russell.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257059/Andrew-Wiggins-Likely-Would-Need-To-Be-Included-In-Any-Trade-For-DAngelo-Russell

Warriors aren’t doing that. They are going to take on Wiggins for DLo. I think this trade between these teams will fade out soon and be dead.

the only scenario I can see maybe working is hawks taking on Wiggins ONLY if we can get minnys first rd pick unprotected in 2021 and an additional protected first td pick in the future 

• Like 4