• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh no, sir.  This just became about us trying to guess who's your ban-fantasy.

Is it supes?  ma$e?  No?  Jayburd?  Wait, what're you pointin' at?

me.gif

mstk.gif

(My gif game stay tite, sun.)

I will eventually affirm the correct answer but let's see if you guys (and gal @JayBirdHawk ) can guess who it is. I don't think it is a real headscratcher but let's make this fun 🙂

and no it isn't you. I will confirm who it is once someone guesses it.

• Haha 3

Love over Wiggins.  I still don't like it, because if you do it, that's your team more or less:

Trae/Cam/Hunter/Collins/Capela/Love/Fernando/Our 1st/Huerter

+ perhaps $24million to spend in free agency.

If that's not a contender you can't do it.  I don't like taking on a big untradeable deal.  Not before I see what the summer holds, and what traction we get in the '21 FA market.  

However, I don't want to be trash next year; we have to win at a 50% clip starting November 2020.  I believe Adams and some savvy (cheap and useful) vets can get that done.

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I will eventually affirm the correct answer but let's see if you guys (and gal @JayBirdHawk ) can guess who it is. I don't think it is a real headscratcher but let's make this fun 🙂

and no it isn't you. I will confirm who it is once someone guesses it.

Aw, we know who it is.  But I've decided to ignore him for a year since he ignored our last season because it went better than he predicted.

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

We not getting KAT.   Forget that

Yay!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I have exhaustively contemplated this scenario. I have carefully weighed all the potential variables of what Wiggins and Trae could do together. I have pondered how much of a weight off his shoulders being traded from Minnesota would have on Wiggins mental health and confidence as a player. 

After careful consideration this is the only acceptable response our GM should give Minnesota about any scenario with the Hawks taking Wiggins on:

hahaha-no.gif

This....was so...GOOD!!😂

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Like I said either way I think folks are going to be unhappy with the whole trade. So who would you rather be unhappy with ....love or Wiggins ? 

Why we gotta choose....I'll take....NONE!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, AHF said:

My gut says neither JC nor Towns are on the table.

On Wiggins and the advanced stats not telling the story, just think about how thoroughly mediocre he is for a scoring SF from a productivity standpoint.  Look at him compared to Hawks:

Andrew Wiggins: 4.4 career rebounds per 36

Trae Young:  4.5 career rebounds per 36

Wiggins:  .521% career TS%

DeAndre Hunter: .515% career TS%

Wiggins:  33.2% career 3pt%

Jabari Parker:  32.4% career 3pt%

Wiggins:  1.0 career steals per 36

Huerter:  1.1 steals per 36

Wiggins:  0.6 career blocks per 36

Huerter:  0.5 career blocks per 36

Wiggins:  2.3 assists per 36

Parker:  2.6 assists per 36

So you get:

The rebounding of a 6'1'' point guard, the ability to generate steals and blocks like a wing known for being defensively challenged, the 3pt shooting of a guy who specializes in scoring around the basket, the passing ability a little worse than someone known as a bit of a black hole on offense, the overall scoring efficiency of a rookie known primarily for his defense who has been disappointingly inefficient in his rookie season...and you only pay $30M per year for all this.  Only in America!

Wiggins this year:

22.4 ppg

5.2 rbd

3.7 apg

33% from three, 72% from free throw line and 44.5 in FG%. He is putting up a lot of three point shots which hurts his overall FG%. He's averaging about 1 block and 1 steal a game. 

He is having career high year in rebounds, assists, three pointers made, 2nd highest scoring overall in his career. Career high in blocks and about career norm for steals. 

If you watch the games his defense has went from just bad in his first two seasons to average for a NBA starter on the wing. He's never going to be Pippen out there on defense. 

He is not a scrub out there. He is nowhere near worth max money though. He is a B- starter that to his credit has no fears of taking shots at end of games or going up against top perimeter players.  He is what he is. He'll never be worth that #1 pick or the hype train around him in HS and Kansas. He will never be worth a max deal. He was grossly overpaid but he can still be a positive for a team.

On OUR team he has no value to me. We have wing players out the mother f'ing ying yang at this point. Due to his experience and finally growing up some he is better than what we have now but in two years? Three? I don't think he will be.

Trust me. I want no part of Wiggins. You don't have to compare him to other players to try and convince me. I watched almost every NBA game he's played in. He is a  B- starter trending to a solid B starter by the end of the season. That's not bad. That's not good. It is slightly above average. I want no part of him because of his contract and our positional depth. Not because I think he's Scrubby McScrubberson out there.

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

We all know who it is.  Let's move on with this.

Image result for move along gif"

You didn't guess either 😛  but since you can actually ban ME if you want I'll leg it go 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Wiggins this year:

22.4 ppg

5.2 rbd

3.7 apg

33% from three, 72% from free throw line and 44.5 in FG%. He is putting up a lot of three point shots which hurts his overall FG%. He's averaging about 1 block and 1 steal a game. 

He is having career high year in rebounds, assists, three pointers made, 2nd highest scoring overall in his career. Career high in blocks and about career norm for steals. 

If you watch the games his defense has went from just bad in his first two seasons to average for a NBA starter on the wing. He's never going to be Pippen out there on defense. 

He is not a scrub out there. He is nowhere near worth max money though. He is a B- starter that to his credit has no fears of taking shots at end of games or going up against top perimeter players.  He is what he is. He'll never be worth that #1 pick or the hype train around him in HS and Kansas. He will never be worth a max deal. He was grossly overpaid but he can still be a positive for a team.

On OUR team he has no value to me. We have wing players out the mother f'ing ying yang at this point. Due to his experience and finally growing up some he is better than what we have now but in two years? Three? I don't think he will be.

Trust me. I want no part of Wiggins. You don't have to compare him to other players to try and convince me. I watched almost every NBA game he's played in. He is a  B- starter trending to a solid B starter by the end of the season. That's not bad. That's not good. It is slightly above average. I want no part of him because of his contract and our positional depth. Not because I think he's Scrubby McScrubberson out there.

You didn't guess either 😛  but since you can actually ban ME if you want I'll leg it go 😂

I think any "B" rating for him is pretty generous.  I agree with you that he is having a career best season but it is one that is very unimpressive.  Looking at just this year:

Wiggins .534% TS% - Jeff Teague .557% TS%

Wiggins 33.0% 3pt% - Crabbe (as terrible as he was this year) 32.3% 3pt%

Wiggins 0.7 sp36 - Huerter 1.1 sp36

Wiggins 0.9 bp36 - Vince Carter 1.2 bp36

Wiggins 5.4 rp36 - Brandon Goodwin 6.3 rp36

Color me unimpressed.  C at best.

9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

We're been used to get others to up their ante. 

I suspected something like this.  My best guess is that we aren't as willing to deal draft picks as some believe, and as a result, nothing is going to happen. 

• Like 1

I'll wait for the woj bomb. 

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I suspected something like this.  My best guess is that we aren't as willing to deal draft picks as some believe, and as a result, nothing is going to happen. 

We have nothing to else to offer. We aren't trading the youngins.