• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think any "B" rating for him is pretty generous.  I agree with you that he is having a career best season but it is one that is very unimpressive.  Looking at just this year:

Wiggins .534% TS% - Jeff Teague .557% TS%

Wiggins 33.0% 3pt% - Crabbe (as terrible as he was this year) 32.3% 3pt%

Wiggins 0.7 sp36 - Huerter 1.1 sp36

Wiggins 0.9 bp36 - Vince Carter 1.2 bp36

Wiggins 5.4 rp36 - Brandon Goodwin 6.3 rp36

Color me unimpressed.  C at best.

You know as well as I do blanket stats don't tell the whole story. Comparing random non starters to Wiggins who has been asked to be the #1 or #2 option on offense is completely unfair.  He really has improved this year. Considering his age and where his peak should be starting he still has an arrow pointing up. 

When you consider how little help he has on that roster outside of KAT (who missed a month and half this season already) this career year from him really does show positive growth for him. If he had more talent around him who knows how much better he can get?

14 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

oKay who could it Be?  

Dominique wore #21

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

You know as well as I do blanket stats don't tell the whole story. Comparing random non starters to Wiggins who has been asked to be the #1 or #2 option on offense is completely unfair.  He really has improved this year. Considering his age and where his peak should be starting he still has an arrow pointing up. 

When you consider how little help he has on that roster outside of KAT (who missed a month and half this season already) this career year from him really does show positive growth for him. If he had more talent around him who knows how much better he can get?

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

His age 21 season is basically this year but a little better. Not sure you can really call this year a career year when he already put up all of these numbers 3 years ago. (but with better 3pt shooting age 21).

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

His age 21 season is basically this year but a little better. Not sure you can really call this year a career year when he already put up all of these numbers 3 years ago. (but with better 3pt shooting age 21).

As I said, he is having career highs in several categories. Most importantly if you actually watch the games with him you can see he's  playing the best he has ever played. He isn't killing the team on defense, he rebounds ok and gets assists instead of just drive and foul or drive and awkward 19 foot jump shot. I wish he could get better at free throws because his shot is a solid shooting motion but oh well can't have everything in a career year.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa, No for Wiggins or Love.

Besides if we get Wiggins, why did we trade to get Hunter in the first place while destroying all of the cap space that this team work hard for.

Pretty much it for me. Unless we are trading for a legit star player hang onto our draft and wait for 2021 free agency or that trading period to get Young some help.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

As I said, he is having career highs in several categories. Most importantly if you actually watch the games with him you can see he's  playing the best he has ever played. He isn't killing the team on defense, he rebounds ok and gets assists instead of just drive and foul or drive and awkward 19 foot jump shot. I wish he could get better at free throws because his shot is a solid shooting motion but oh well can't have everything in a career year.

Yup, can't have FG%, 3pt%, TS%, PER, Win Shares/48 mins, or PPG either, evidently. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

MIN and GS could take awhile for to fight over picks and protections

Houston - Atlanta are working to have a deal in place just in case this one falls apart. Both believe this one will eventually get done

That’s good to know! If we don’t have to include minny I don’t think we should 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Houston - Atlanta are working to have a deal in place just in case this one falls apart. Both believe this one will eventually get done

Just tell me we aren't landing Wiggins or Love.  

Houston wants to do a deal even without the almighty Covington involved?  But then where do they get their wang?  Unless,....no.  Even I wouldn't deal Cam for Capela.  I understand value better than that.

5 minutes ago, txsting said:

Just tell me we aren't landing Wiggins or Love.  

Houston wants to do a deal even without the almighty Covington involved?  But then where do they get their wang?  Unless,....no.  Even I wouldn't deal Cam for Capela.  I understand value better than that.

I know I saw this tweet and almost hurled 

first mention of Cam in any trade. Don’t think I am ready to give him away...not for Capela and definitely not for TT. 

• Haha 1

• Admin
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So is it safe to assume that we have Capella as our center after Thursday?

• Premium Member

Both the Rockets and Nets have specifically expressed interest in Hawks big man John Collins recently, a league source tells Chris Kirschner of The Athletic. However, teams that have talked to Atlanta have been left with the impression that the team won’t move Collins unless it gets an offer it can refuse.

According to Kirschner, Houston wanted Collins as part of a Clint Capela trade as a younger, cheaper replacement, which presumably was a non-starter for the Hawks. Kirschner suggests Spencer Dinwiddie was mentioned in talks with the Nets, but says it’s not clear whether those discussions went anywhere.

Collins will be eligible for a rookie scale extension for the first time this offseason, and multiple league sources tell Kirschner that he’s expected to seek a max or near-max deal. If the Hawks decide that price is too rich, they could revisit the trade market, but for now, the big man isn’t being shopped at all. It’s “highly unlikely” that Atlanta moves any member of its young core – including Collins – at this Thursday’s deadline, tweets Sarah K. Spencer of The Athletic.

Here’s more on the Hawks:

• A league source tells Kirschner that Andre Drummond made it clear the Hawks would have been a preferred landing spot if the Pistons trade him. Atlanta opted against giving up Brooklyn’s 2020 first-round pick in a deal for Drummond, and aren’t expected to re-engage this week, though the team could circle back to the big man in free agency, Kirschner writes.
  • Steven Adams has also been cited as a probable Hawks target, but a source with knowledge of the Thunder‘s thinking believes Adams is unlikely to be moved at the deadline, according to Kirschner.
  • Jabari Parker, who hasn’t played since January 3 due to a right shoulder impingement, is a trade candidate but will remain sidelined through the deadline. As Spencer tweets, the Hawks announced today that Parker is doing non-contact work and will be re-evaluated in one week.
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Both the Rockets and Nets have specifically expressed interest in Hawks big man John Collins recently, a league source tells Chris Kirschner of The Athletic. However, teams that have talked to Atlanta have been left with the impression that the team won’t move Collins unless it gets an offer it can refuse.

According to Kirschner, Houston wanted Collins as part of a Clint Capela trade as a younger, cheaper replacement, which presumably was a non-starter for the Hawks. Kirschner suggests Spencer Dinwiddie was mentioned in talks with the Nets, but says it’s not clear whether those discussions went anywhere.

Collins will be eligible for a rookie scale extension for the first time this offseason, and multiple league sources tell Kirschner that he’s expected to seek a max or near-max deal. If the Hawks decide that price is too rich, they could revisit the trade market, but for now, the big man isn’t being shopped at all. It’s “highly unlikely” that Atlanta moves any member of its young core – including Collins – at this Thursday’s deadline, tweets Sarah K. Spencer of The Athletic.

• A league source tells Kirschner that Andre Drummond made it clear the Hawks would have been a preferred landing spot if the Pistons trade him. Atlanta opted against giving up Brooklyn’s 2020 first-round pick in a deal for Drummond, and aren’t expected to re-engage this week, though the team could circle back to the big man in free agency, Kirschner writes.
  • Steven Adams has also been cited as a probable Hawks target, but a source with knowledge of the Thunder‘s thinking believes Adams is unlikely to be moved at the deadline, according to Kirschner.
  • Jabari Parker, who hasn’t played since January 3 due to a right shoulder impingement, is a trade candidate but will remain sidelined through the deadline. As Spencer tweets, the Hawks announced today that Parker is doing non-contact work and will be re-evaluated in one week.

So basically, nothing is going to happen.  Who are we going to draft in the 2021 lottery?

2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I think the Collins info is what most of us have said a 1/2 dozen times. He is not being shopped but teams are doing their due diligence and asking. John should understand this and Schlenk has probably already communicated it with him behind closed doors. Adams off the block does not surprise me. OKC is in the playoff picture and if things change, he can be moved next year. I am sure their fan base is loving this after moving Westbrook to Houston and thinking a grand tank was forthcoming.

1 minute ago, smoove31210 said:

Seems like things are starting to quiet down for the Hawks after reading that

Capela is still a option. The signals are mixed. On one hand Morey is under pressure to keep better cap space and on the other he is not. On one hand the GSW trade is dead and on the other it is not. I don't mind to much if nothing is done. I just don't want to end up worse when it comes to our picks and cap if Capela, Adams, or another viable option is not part of the deal.

5 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

From RealGM 

Apparently a beat writer for GS

This makes me nervous.  I can't see Golden State being stupid enough to do a Russell for Wiggins deal straight up, and the Hawks are probably the only team that can facilitate a trade like this by taking Wiggins.  

Damn it!  My heartburn is starting to kick up some.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think chances are we stay pat and do nothing. 

hopefully we add Capela or Adams, I am ready to move from OKC pick and BKN pick and give whatever vet is needed to make deal work, but taking Wiggins or Love would be a major mistake.

I prefer to stay pat do nothing lose all games, have a top 3 pick and round the team with 5 FA, not losing the financial flexibility and stay on the best position to make a run at 2021 FA. 

no move this deadline or this summer will make us a contender but can ruin the chance to be a contender on 2-3 years. Stick to he plan

we can be a playoff team with 5 additions this summer and a young core growing each year.

4 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I think chances are we stay pat and do nothing. 

hopefully we add Capela or Adams, I am ready to move from OKC pick and BKN pick and give whatever vet is needed to make deal work, but taking Wiggins or Love would be a major mistake.

I prefer to stay pat do nothing lose all games, have a top 3 pick and round the team with 5 FA, not losing the financial flexibility and stay on the best position to make a run at 2021 FA. 

no move this deadline or this summer will make us a contender but can ruin the chance to be a contender on 2-3 years. Stick to he plan

we can be a playoff team with 5 additions this summer and a young core growing each year.

This is the surest plan to get the team another lottery pick in 2021.