• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

You know as well as I do blanket stats don't tell the whole story. Comparing random non starters to Wiggins who has been asked to be the #1 or #2 option on offense is completely unfair.  He really has improved this year. Considering his age and where his peak should be starting he still has an arrow pointing up. 

When you consider how little help he has on that roster outside of KAT (who missed a month and half this season already) this career year from him really does show positive growth for him. If he had more talent around him who knows how much better he can get?

I think the advanced metrics tell more of the story but he doesn't look better than a "C" on those either.  I compared random non-starters to him because that is the level of play you are getting and it isn't particularly good.  Just because your role is demanding doesn't mean you can't put up numbers.  Guys like Luka or Durant or PG, etc. carry much bigger loads and produce a ton more.  I'm not holding him to that standard.  But don't tell me he is a "B-" guy when he can't outperform someone like Will Barton (Barton has a higher WS/48, BPM, VORP, RAPTOR, WAR, TS%, RP/36, SP/36, A/36, etc.).  

I don't disagree that this is arguably his best season and represents positive growth.  I am just telling you I rate what he is doing this season below where you do.

I am glad we agree that it would be colossally stupid for us to acquire him.  :yes:

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BudBall said:

I agree, we need to least to try to get 1 starter piece this deadline.

I think the key time to have that starter piece is before next season starts.  I'd like it for the remainder of the year but having it for next year is the key for me.

What was the point for trading for all these expirings if we are not going to use them in a trade to better our team.

We got picks for taking on the expirings as well, remember.  It is how we get a first from OKC, a first from BKN, etc.

• Like 3

On 1/22/2020 at 10:20 AM, thecampster said:

Too many possible moving pieces to get too specific. Have heard Houston and Philly wanting to tweak as well and may want to get in.

On 1/22/2020 at 10:26 AM, thecampster said:

You're spot on with OKC. Haven't heard Denver. Have heard contacts with Chi, NY, Det went no where. Charlotte, Miami, Philly Phoenix have all inquired. Also Len talks cooled off after back strain. Multiple asked for him to be included to replace any big they sent.

Just reviving this....some of this is about to start getting announced.  Supes, talk to your boy about Charlotte and Miami and what they're doing right now.

Hint...this rumor has legs https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1315974/

Okay so the math

Deangelo Russell = 27.285 million per year

Wiggins = 27.27 million per year, Layman 3.58 million

Turner 18.6 million Len 4.16, Parker 6.5

Capella 14.9 million

Minny in $45.8 million, Minny Out $30.85 (not okay)

GS in 27 million, out 27 million

Atlanta in 18.58 million, Out 29 million (this is okay as it pushes Atlanta further under the cap)

Houston in 10.66 million, out 14.9 million.

Okay so here is the math problem.  Minny in is about 6 million too much compared to math out., Houston in is about 3 million to low.  There has to be another Minny player out and the only player close to the right salary is Jarrett Culver. So if what is being reported is true then Minny is giving up Culver to Houston which explains why they are getting picks. But it also means Houston is doing a 1 for 3 deal and will have to create roster spots and waive someone.

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

No way rockets trade Westbrook. That would be a head scratcher 

Westbrook isn't in there...where did you get that?

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Okay so the math

Capella 14.9 million

Atlanta in 18.58 million, Out 29 million (this is okay as it pushes Atlanta further under the cap)

Okay so here is the math problem.  Minny in is about 6 million too much compared to math out., Houston in is about 3 million to low.  There has to be another Minny player out and the only player close to the right salary is Jarrett Culver. So if what is being reported is true then Minny is giving up Culver to Houston which explains why they are getting picks. But it also means Houston is doing a 1 for 3 deal and will have to create roster spots and waive someone.

I just can't fathom that Golden State is dumb enough to take on Wiggins.

• Premium Member

Travis Schlenk Radio interview from.this morning:

Nothing earth shattering on the trade front - exploring different options, guys they feel can fit with young core, the more teams that get added to a trade the more difficult it becomes, won't do a bad deal just to do a deal, has to make sense for the Hawks, get player for a price they feel is fair.

Next 30 games, hopefully everybody can get healthy - Not worried about draft slot, will play the young guys to gel together for confidence and continuity next season.

https://929thegame.radio.com/media/audio-channel/travis-schlenk-with-john-and-hugh-4

• Like 3

• Admin
12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Okay so the math

Capella 14.9 million

I can’t see them trading Culver at all and Covington is the Rockets target