Ask Supes

NBASupes

30 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Okay so the math

Deangelo Russell = 27.285 million per year

Wiggins = 27.27 million per year, Layman 3.58 million

Turner 18.6 million Len 4.16, Parker 6.5

Capella 14.9 million

Minny in $45.8 million, Minny Out $30.85 (not okay)

GS in 27 million, out 27 million

Atlanta in 18.58 million, Out 29 million (this is okay as it pushes Atlanta further under the cap)

Houston in 10.66 million, out 14.9 million.

Okay so here is the math problem.  Minny in is about 6 million too much compared to math out., Houston in is about 3 million to low.  There has to be another Minny player out and the only player close to the right salary is Jarrett Culver. So if what is being reported is true then Minny is giving up Culver to Houston which explains why they are getting picks. But it also means Houston is doing a 1 for 3 deal and will have to create roster spots and waive someone.

Westbrook isn't in there...where did you get that?

Don't even fathom this. It's going to be two-three deals in just this one to make it work, most of our bench outside of Bruno and VC is in this deal. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Capela is our tonight ... 🚀 running small ball. Westbrook our too! Capela has to be getting traded somewhere.

Right now, Capela is dealing with a nagging heel injury which will likely keep him out for a few games.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Don't even fathom this. It's going to be two-three deals in just this one to make it work, most of our bench outside of Bruno and VC is in this deal. 

whoa! Most of the bench! I can’t wait to see this take place!

shake it up Schlenk! That’s a much needed overhaul!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Any deal specifics yet?

Graham to GS

Bembry to GS

Jones to MIN

Turner to MIN

Dieng to GS

Layman to ATL

Wiggins to ATL?

Russ to MIN

the other deal with hou has len & parker?

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Graham to GS

Bembry to GS

Jones to MIN

Turner to MIN

Dieng to GS

Layman to ATL

Wiggins to ATL?

Russ to MIN

Does TRavis really like Wiggins as a player?  Or is he involved in another deal?

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Does TRavis really like Wiggins as a player?  Or is he involved in another deal?

It was quoted the Hawks like K.Love slot so maybe he is moved for him but not sure about the salaries.  

I'll say this about Wiggins.  If the Hawks do acquire him, he does represent a player on the team that can create his own shot, something that is sorely lacking on this team. 

The Hawks also need talent, even if it's flawed talent like Wiggins.

And the Hawks, as this moment, obviously don't mind taking on a bad contract, if that contract can contribute . . somewhat.

Yes, it's a lot of "yeah, buts" in those sentences.  But it is what it is.

If both of the rumored deals go through, here is the potential lineup . . . or should be.

Starters

PG - Trae

G - Huerter

F - Wiggins

PF - Collins

C - Capela

Bench

PG - Goodwin

G - Reddish

F - Hunter

PF - VINCE

C - Bruno

Honestly, I can roll with that for 1.5 years, with the option to move Wiggins to a 6th man role ( something he may be better suited at ), if we want to give the kids more time to develop.

• Like 1

Just now, Vol4ever said:

It was quoted the Hawks like K.Love slot so maybe he is moved for him but not sure about the salaries.  

So if Wiggins is flipped for Love . . .

Starters

PG - Trae

G - Huerter

F - Hunter

PF - Collins

C - Love

Bench

PG - Goodwin

G - Reddish

F - Hunter

PF - VINCE

C - Bruno

At this point, it is what it is.  The Hawks need viable veteran talent to help speed this rebuild along in these next few years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So if Wiggins is flipped for Love . . .

Starters

PG - Trae

G - Huerter

F - Hunter

PF - Collins

C - Love

Bench

PG - Goodwin

G - Reddish

F - Hunter

PF - VINCE

C - Bruno

At this point, it is what it is.  The Hawks need viable veteran talent to help speed this rebuild along in these next few years.

You're missing Capela

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, terrell said:

? means likely to end up in any destination. Both Parker and Wiggins will likely be linked together like draft night but their end point could be different. 

23 minutes ago, thecampster said:

still trying to wrap my head around these things...so post trades we'd be

Young/Teague/Goodwin

Huerter/Reddish

Wiggins/Hunter/Layman

Collins/Carter/

Capella/Fernando

Missing 2 players

Wiggins likely isn't ending up in Atlanta. Same for Parker and his final destination. I would avoid doing lineups till after the deadline. Atlanta is likely to mix more things up. Your just missing one player. Parsons. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Graham to GS

Bembry to GS

Jones to MIN

Turner to MIN

Dieng to GS

Layman to ATL

Wiggins to ATL?

Russ to MIN

Is this you speculating or is this from your source?

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is this you speculating or is this from your source?

That's most of the guys in the deal. I think GS has a few guys going other places. Robinson or Burks or both. I don't have those specifics yet. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Okay so the math

Deangelo Russell = 27.285 million per year

Wiggins = 27.27 million per year, Layman 3.58 million

Turner 18.6 million Len 4.16, Parker 6.5

Capella 14.9 million

Minny in $45.8 million, Minny Out $30.85 (not okay)

GS in 27 million, out 27 million

Atlanta in 18.58 million, Out 29 million (this is okay as it pushes Atlanta further under the cap)

Houston in 10.66 million, out 14.9 million.

Okay so here is the math problem.  Minny in is about 6 million too much compared to math out., Houston in is about 3 million to low.  There has to be another Minny player out and the only player close to the right salary is Jarrett Culver. So if what is being reported is true then Minny is giving up Culver to Houston which explains why they are getting picks. But it also means Houston is doing a 1 for 3 deal and will have to create roster spots and waive someone.

Westbrook isn't in there...where did you get that?

GS has to lose Looney as well in order to get under the cap and save money.  I had figured that part out earlier, and this latest rumor confirms it.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's most of the guys in the deal. I think GS has a few guys going other places. Robinson or Burks or both. I don't have those specifics yet. 

That's a lot of guys moving. It makes me nervous - one team gets skittish and the whole thing crumbles.

• Thanks 1

But there’s a hold-up: Minnesota isn’t offering enough draft compensation. As it stands, the Warriors have been offered Minnesota’s 2020 first-round pick and Brooklyn’s 2020 first-round pick, which would be sent via Atlanta as part of what is effectively a four-team trade with the Hawks and Rockets. But the Warriors want future firsts instead of picks in 2020—most importantly, they want an unprotected first-round pick in 2021, which will have a much stronger draft class than the one coming this June. As of Thursday evening, the Timberwolves aren’t budging on Golden State’s demands. The rest of the deal could still happen without the Warriors—in that case, Robert Covington would be sent from Minnesota to Houston, Clint Capela from Houston to Atlanta, and draft assets from Atlanta to Minnesota—and the Russell saga could drag into the summer. But as I reported Monday, Golden State’s reluctance to make a deal has paused talks of a three-way trade without them.

If the blockbuster version of the deal does go down, a lot of people will get what they want. Russell would join forces with his buddy Karl-Anthony Towns in Minnesota, the Hawks would pair Capela with Trae Young, and both the Rockets and Warriors would evade the luxury tax. Wiggins, though, might benefit most of all.

Edited by GameTime
  • Thanks 4