• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

Just now, turnermx said:

I liked what Schlenk did because no way we needed to bring along 3 first round picks in the same rookie season. Hands already full with 2.

Exactly my thoughts we are at the point now that more youth will hurt us and keep holding us back.  We have fully restocked on young potential with tons of cap space to use to add to it.  We can still add our own top 5 or so players that have elite upside to the team but the guys around 15 to 20 with brooklyns pick and okc's pick i would prefer to start moving for proven guys to help mentor our young dudes and build a winning culture.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

People need to realize about the importance of this deal. We got a young center on a reasonable contract that will be around when our young guys are developed, at a mid round pick cost, this is a hell of a move.

If we do not lose our head on the offseason and add some pieces that can help I think is sure to say that we are a playoff team next year and a threat to conference finals in 2 -3 years.

stay with your plan Travis and round the team on 2021.

now we are on the radar of some free agents

My thing with this is i don't want us to blow our entire budget on guys with multi year contracts.  I would much prefer to overpay a talented player for 1 year to get the team into the playoffs than pay a little less for a guy for multiple years that eats into our 2021 cap space.    2 or 3 1 year over paid free agents but talented ones im more than ok with.   Then in 2021 go wild as you can on whatever max players you want to add to the team.

• Like 1

hace 10 minutos, falconfan13 dijo:

My thing with this is i don't want us to blow our entire budget on guys with multi year contracts.  I would much prefer to overpay a talented player for 1 year to get the team into the playoffs than pay a little less for a guy for multiple years that eats into our 2021 cap space.    2 or 3 1 year over paid free agents but talented ones im more than ok with.   Then in 2021 go wild as you can on whatever max players you want to add to the team.

It depends on the player but now you have the finnancial flexibility to do that, there are cheap guys out there

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

It depends on the player but now you have the finnancial flexibility to do that, there are cheap guys out there

Yeah certain players are worth it but im just not that big a fan of this free agent class compared to 2021's.  it just doesn't look that strong at all for guys i would think are worth multi year deals.

• Like 1

@NBASupes

Thanks for a great thread and great, on-point info! Much appreciated.

Now, with that said, what's the next show to drop? The Hawks have the following still on the payroll:

1. The contract of Chandler Parsons

2. Jabari Parker

3. Traveon Graham

4. Jones OR Len

All of the above have been unlikely to be on the roster post-trade deadline in my mind. So shouldn't there be more moves afoot?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

We have ourselves a great GM dammit! We got capela a real defensive young center who can rebound and play defense the way we want him to in this era!

what else will happen before the deadline is what I want to know !

You have to think more moves are coming. 

Can't see Parsons being on the roster after Thursday. Same for Parker, imo. Also, how can we keep Capela, Len, Jones, Collins, and Bruno all in the frontcourt. Seems like one or both of Len / Jones should be shipped out as well.  

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

You have to think more moves are coming. 

Can't see Parsons being on the roster after Thursday. Same for Parker, imo. Also, how can we keep Capela, Len, Jones, Collins, and Bruno all in the frontcourt. Seems like one or both of Len / Jones should be shipped out as well.  

Honestly, I can see us keeping 4 bigs . . possibly 5.  Jones will probably survive because he has less value on the market than Len.  Bruno, if kept, can develop as a PF/C with an expanded offensive package. And while Parker probably should be flipped for something, he might be a safety valve to keep around.

Potential frontcourt minutes - ( no Parker or Len )

PF - Collins ( 32 ) - Bruno ( 8 ) - Vince/Hunter ( 8 ) . . . because LP will still play small ball at certain points in the game.

C - Capela ( 28 ) - Bruno ( 12 ) - Jones ( 8 )

Potential frontcourt minutes - ( with Parker and Len )

PF - Collins ( 30 ) - Parker ( 14 ) - Bruno ( 4 )

C - Capela ( 28 ) - Len ( 14 ) - Bruno ( 6 )

• Like 1

hace 4 horas, falconfan13 dijo:

Yeah certain players are worth it but im just not that big a fan of this free agent class compared to 2021's.  it just doesn't look that strong at all for guys i would think are worth multi year deals.

Not strong but offer quality players than could be signed relatively cheap as Noel,  Wood, Crowder, Joe Harris, Korkmaz, Baynes.... Evn Bertans I think. Those are the signings we need now

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think we are done, but...

PF - Collins, Parker (you forgot him), Bruno

C - Capela, Len, Jones.

Of that group - only Collins and Jones are currently healthy.

In my mind, Parker is a guy most playoff teams would covet off the bench so I would think he could be moved pretty easily. And honestly, I've just been operating under the idea that he's traded. So that's why I didn't include him in the rotation.

I hear you on the injuries issue, it just seems like Capela, JC, Len, Jones, Bruno, Carter, and Hunter are too many bodies for 96 minutes a game.  Makes sense to me for more moves to be coming. 

Edited by REHawksFan

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

In my mind, Parker is a guy most playoff teams would covet off the bench so I would think he could be moved pretty easily. And honestly, I've just been operating under the idea that he's traded. So that's why I didn't include him in the rotation.

I hear you on the injuries issue, it just seems like Capela, JC, Len, Jones, Bruno, Carter, and Hunter are too many bodies for 96 minutes a game.  Makes sense to me for more moves to be coming. 

Drop Carter, he should see less minutes.

Hunter - spot minutes at 4 if forced to go small.

Jones definitely will be collecting splinters as he was when Bruno was starting and Len off the bench.

So:

Collins and Bruno

Capela and Len

We still have to wait until Trade deadline ends tomorrow to see final roster.

• Thanks 1

Current Contract

Nene Hilario signed a 2 year / $20,000,000 contract with the Houston Rockets, including $2,564,753 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $10,000,000. In 2019-20, Hilario will earn a base salary of $2,564,753 and a incentive bonus of $7,435,247, while carrying a cap hit of $10,000,000 and a dead cap value of $2,564,753

Edited by thecampster
  • Thanks 2