• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I agree.  He put out a lot of information that basically walked us through the thought process of the Hawks. 

On Page 2, Supes put out  . . .

If I had to give it a scale of what Atlanta wants in the trade deadline: 

1. A starting center

2. More shooting on the perimeter. 

3. Adding 2-3 veterans 

4. Adding players who fit LP's style of play

Schlenk definitely did 1, 3 and 4 by adding Teague and now Capela.   Teague and Graham would represent more shooting out on the perimeter, but they haven't shown it yet, which is why I have that in yellow.  

It would still be great if the Hawks could move either Len or Parker for a frontcourt shooter that can shoot close to 40% on 3s, or another wing defender who can mix it up on the boards  . . . ( a higher quality Bembry type of player ).

Your guess is 100%. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Drop Carter, he should see less minutes.

Hunter - spot minutes at 4 if forced to go small.

Jones definitely will be collecting splinters as he was when Bruno was starting and Len off the bench.

So:

Collins and Bruno

Capela and Len

We still have to wait until Trade deadline ends tomorrow to see final roster.

I'm fine with that rotation, but it's hard to imagine the Hawks keeping Jones, Parsons, and Parker in that scenario. I still think more moves are coming. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That may be so.  The China tweet by Morey hurt their franchise, more than anyone else.  He basically undid 15 years of the Yao Ming effect, in less than 100 characters.  If the league itself lost an estimated 150 - 200 million, how much of that did the Rockets lose on their own?

As far as the Capela trade. they're 10 - 1 without him in the lineup, and have fully committed to playing small ball.  That ain't gonna get it done vs the bigger athletic teams like the Lakers or Nuggets in the playoffs, but playing ultra small does open up everything for Harden and Westbrook on the dribble drive.  

When Boston was rumored to get Capela, I low key got concerned because Boston was more than likely offering up a guy like Grant Williams ( an undersized PF height wise who can play small ball C ), as part of the deal.  Good thing they weren't able to sneak in at the last minute.

New Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta has gotten a reputation for being "cheap", and not making the moves to keep Houston contending more concerned about salary cap.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I saw reports that said we sent out our 2020 1st.  That's not right is it?  we sent the BKN pick?

I saw that too but it’s the BKN pick...just lazy reporting by saying Atlanta pick

• Thanks 2

• Admin
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sucks we couldn't trade him. I guess it was difficult to find a team in need of that large and expiring to send us equal salary.

Yeah that is disappointing ... I was hoping to get something for him and that we would waive Charlie Brown 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

I wonder if HOU ends up trying to bring in Drummn'd.  They're saying they want to play ultra-schmall but I don't buy it.  They like 'names'.

Drummond's contract is for $27 mill, who can Houston trade.

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Wondering if we are keeping Nene as emergency bench at this point.

Oh no.

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

Change "likely" to "definitely."

Anybody think Capela is going to be popping the biggest bowl of popcorn to watch if the Rockets and Lakers end up matching up in the playoffs?  Watching Anthony Davis and LeBron James bully that roster should give him some serious satisfaction.

any reaction from him?   He did go from a 'contender' to the last place team.