• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The First 41.....The Next 41!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

5-6 before the trade deadline.

1-1 since the deadline, record stands at 15-39.

3 games to go before the Allstar game: on the road vs the Magic, Cavaliers then at Home vs Heat. Hopefully we go 2-1 for a 17-40 record before the break.

We are currently 6-7 in the 2nd half of the season.

25 games after the Allstar break - 14 at Home, 11 on the road.

What say you Squawkers. Can we play .500 ball to finish the season?? Get to 30 wins?

Yes if the roster can get healthy it should be easily done because there is a lot of talent there that can gel provided the injury bug stays away long enough.  Dedmon will help the rooks tremendously on defense the minutes he is on the floor and Capela definitely brings a lot to the table as a starter. Even more importantly JC and Hunter can settle in to more comfortable roles.  I think we got a bit of a preview last night.

9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Get healthy. Get healthy.  Get healthy. 

That is the key.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 2/10/2020 at 7:39 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

5-6 before the trade deadline.

1-1 since the deadline, record stands at 15-39.

3 games to go before the Allstar game: on the road vs the Magic, Cavaliers then at Home vs Heat. Hopefully we go 2-1 for a 17-40 record before the break.

We are currently 6-7 in the 2nd half of the season.

25 games after the Allstar break - 14 at Home, 11 on the road.

What say you Squawkers. Can we play .500 ball to finish the season?? Get to 30 wins?

6-8 now. Hopefully we can win the next 2 to end a tidy 8-8 before the break.

Edit: 1 game left before AS break

• Premium Member

Current record: 15-41

6-9 for the 2nd half of the season so far.

26 games left. 6 games to close out February: 5 at home (Heat, Mavericks, Magic, Nets, Blazers) vs 1 away (Sixers).

What will our record be over the next 6 games?

Heat, Mavs, 76ers, Magic, Nets, Trail Blazers

Heat Win

Mavs Win

76ers Win

Magic Win

Nets Win

Trail Blazers loss

The 1st two against the Heat and Mavs are the hardest for me to say we win. But I am hoping Capela clicks right away in the post and he can help us from day one. The Trail Blazers are the 2nd game of a back to back and this team is pitiful with those. Reality says 3 - 3 best case but I am saying 5 - 1.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Lets play......

Which of our wing players: Huerter, Hunter, Reddish -

1. will average at least 16 points per game over the last 26 games. We need at least 1 to do so consistently.

2. Will be most consistent night in night out

3. Have the best 3pt percentage over the next 26.

4. Most rebounds over the next 26

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lets play......

1. will average at least 16 points per game over the last 26 games. We need at least 1 to do so consistently.

They all depend on who is in Pierce's dog house called minutes restrictions!

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lets play......

I'll play......

1. Will average at least 16 points per game over the last 26 games. We need at least 1 to do so consistently. Huerter

2. Will be most consistent night in night out. Huerter

3. Have the best 3pt percentage over the next 26. Huerter

4. Most rebounds over the next 26. Hunter

Hunter 2nd place in Scoring and Consistency. Huerter 2nd place in Rebounds. Reddish will take 2nd place in 3PT%.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lets play......

I really want to say Huerter for all four, but my gut says Cam will be the wing that gets close to all of these targets. He looks like he has his high school swagger back. He just needs the minutes. Huerter is still a good SG and gives the Hawks a much needed secondary ballhandler and shooter, but I think Cam can and will be much more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I really want to say Huerter for all four, but my gut says Cam will be the wing that gets close to all of these targets. He looks like he has his high school swagger back. He just needs the minutes. Huerter is still a good SG and gives the Hawks a much needed secondary ballhandler and shooter, but I think Cam can and will be much more.

I think Huerter will lose some minutes but he will still be the most consistent.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lets play......

1.  No one.

2.  Hunter but he won't be the best - just the least game-to-game variance

3.  Huerter

4.  Rebounds per minute: Cam.  Total rebounds:  Huerter.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lets play......

1. Reddish 

2. Kevin if he's a backup SG

3. Reddish and Kevin will be close

4. Reddish 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Can someone possibly start a "After ASG prediction W-L "thread? We never expected John to be suspended for 25 games. I think the "After ASG prediction W-L " thread would be more fair since none of us predicted John to get caught with HGH or whatever illegal substance. Maybe throw in some other players/stats that can break the tie breakers. 

• Premium Member

The roster

At the trade deadline, Travis Schlenk and the front office were quite active, upgrading the center position for both the present and future. Newly acquired center Clint Capela hasn’t yet debuted for the Hawks but, if nothing else, the presence of Dewayne Dedmon — and the combination of Jeff Teague and Brandon Goodwin at backup point guard — represents an upgrade on what the Hawks had for much of the first half of the campaign.

In addition, Atlanta battled well-chronicled roster issues in the first 56 games. The 25-game suspension for John Collins is the most glaring example, with the team posting a 10-20 record with the third-year big man in the lineup and a ghastly 5-21 mark when Collins doesn’t appear. In addition, Kevin Huerter missed 11 games, Trae Young missed six, Cam Reddish missed eight and Jabari Parker only appeared in 32 contests before being dealt to Sacramento.

• Thanks 3