• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Spurs

lethalweapon3

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That ending sequence before the half is too bad.  The Hawks deserved that 2 points after Trae's steal.

I hate it. Cam and Trae had an excellent defensive play. Cam gonna learn to be more heady as he grows. He gotta be ready at all times.

• Like 4

Just now, GameTime said:

Cam has way more offensive skillset though. He can create his shot and for others. His problem is efficiency. Hunter is the same age as Collins he should be more under control.

I don’t think so at all. People PROJECT Cam to have a better offensive skill set, but that just isn’t true right now. 

Hunters offensive game is seriously underrated around here.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, EazyRoc said:

I don’t think so at all. People PROJECT Cam to have a better offensive skill set, but that just isn’t true right now. 

I agree. Hunter has a lot more offensive potential than given credit for. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I think both have nice skill-sets as wings. Cam just more dominant. He can beat you off the dribble, read a PnR well, good court vision, solid handles, excellent footwork, and when he is shooting, he is extremely hard to guard. 

While Hunter isn't hard to guard ever, he is tough, can score on all three levels, can post up, and lacks weaknesses. His issue is just adjusting to SF which usually takes a year.

Hunter has and will always have less offensive weaknesses than Cam. Cam just has the big numbers potential while Hunter has the versatile and consistent strengths. Both have tons of offensive potential compare to where they are today.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

Cam is a better PnR ballhandler and has better passing vision. I'm not even sure that is debatable. Hunter could definitely be the more efficient player in the future though I like him more as a PF/SF combo player and Cam as a SG/SF.

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

Cam is a better PnR ballhandler and has better passing vision. I'm not even sure that is debatable. Hunter could definitely be the more efficient player in the future though I like him more as a PF/SF combo player and Cam as a SG/SF.

Na Hunter's vision is just as good, possibly even better. He was making good plays when he used to run the pick and roll earlier in the season. I don't know why we went away from it. Cam is definitely the better ball handler though.

Edited by Marvin24Williams
  • Like 1

Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

Na Hunter's vision is just as good, possibly even better. He was making good plays when he used to run the pick and roll earlier in the season. I don't know why we went away from it. Cam is definitely the better ball handler though.

No it's not

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I think both have nice skill-sets as wings. Cam just more dominant. He can beat you off the dribble, read a PnR well, good court vision, solid handles, excellent footwork, and when he is shooting, he is extremely hard to guard. 

While Hunter isn't hard to guard ever, he is tough, can score on all three levels, can post up, and lacks weaknesses. His issue is just adjusting to SF which usually takes a year.

Both will be really good. They are showing too many flashes to not pan out. Cam looks like he could be an absolute monster after some offseason conditioning. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Why not ? He literally does just about everything better than Cam right now. 

uhh maybe because he's older?!? Cam is less than 2 years removed from high school. He should be a sophomore in college right now. Hunter was a sophomore when he was drafted, but he was a redshirt sophomore aka a junior academically. The talent level difference is clear as day

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

With Cam, you have to hope he can put everything together on a consistent basis.

With Hunter, you already see what he’s working with and know he just needs time. 

In a perfect world, sure Cam has more potential. However, if you think about who’s most likely to max out their potential..I’d say Hunter all day.

6 minutes ago, Cwell said:

uhh maybe because he's older?!? Cam is less than 2 years removed from high school. He should be a sophomore in college right now. Hunter was a sophomore when he was drafted, but he was a redshirt sophomore aka a junior academically. The talent level difference is clear as day

That last statement is your opinion. They’re both rookies. So I don’t think age is really that much of a difference maker. Hunter just had an extra year of college exp.