• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cam Reddish--what we probably already knew!!!

Wurider05

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What Cam showed yesterday was eye popping in my opinion.  Along with @NBASupes, I've been one of the biggest Cam supporters out there. I thought his fit with our young core would be perfect if he hit on his potential.  That glimpse I saw yesterday gives me reason to believe that he has the ability to be the best all around player on the Hawks and number one option scoring ability.  He carried the team in the third quarter yesterday.  When he's on, his shot is so pure. Nothing but net.  

Mind you, that's no disrespect to the great Trae Young!  Cam just has all nba defensive potential, with playmaking and rebounding ability.  My lord if he takes a Trae Young jump over the next year, I may have to mortgage my house to get those front row seats.  

I'm just so happy for him!  He's a humble kid and all he gets is hate because of NBA Nerd Twitter.

Nerd Twitter loves PIPM, TAP, RAPM, KOBE, LOONEY TUNES, PER, etc. All of those metrics will be low on any player if they finish poorly and shoot poorly which Reddish has but now Reddish is getting to his level. We saw this with Trae last year. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Cam Reddish finally looks like he's getting his NBA legs.  Yesterday, he was controlled he didn't look weak or off balance with anything he did.  I believe the game is slowing down for him.  

Coach LP said he's been putting in tons of work.  That's so encouraging because some tried to put out that he was not a hard worker.  If he continues to work he and us will be rewarded with one of the best two way young players in the game.  Book it!!!

I also don't care about those stats.  People just can't watch games and enjoy anymore.  The only stats I care about is TS% and EF% as far as "advanced" stats.  Those are the only ones I can truely understand how they are calculated. 

I care more about his RAPTOR and WAR more than anything. Trae finished with a 0.8 WAR. That was pretty good. It's hard to play this many mins as a rookie on a bad team and have a positive WAR. If Cam can finish with a 2-2.5 WAR playing the mins he plays, I would elated. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Think with Trae's limitations on D that an outstanding perimeter defender has to be on the squad and getting good minutes. Cam is that already at the ripe old age of twenty.

For me Hunter has more to prove, which is ironic, as he should be more ready to contribute.  But he hit a wall while Cam seems to be poised for a take off like Trae had last season.  I still think between the 3 we have 2 starters and a 6th man at the Wing.  Now we have a vet PG backup for Trae - which I don't know if you noticed in The Athletic article Schlenk actually wanted Jeff before the season started now he finally got him.

• Like 4

Just now, turnermx said:

which I don't know if you noticed in The Athletic article Schlenk actually wanted Jeff before the season started now he finally got him.

Oh I actually missed that part! So he identified Jeff over the summer? Wow.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh I actually missed that part! So he identified Jeff over the summer? Wow.

Yes it was an article day of trade I believe..

on 2k20 Trae is 4 overall PG Jeff 22 😄 https://www.2kratings.com/top-50-point-guards-nba-2k20

BTW in my post above I meant to include Heurter.  for me Hunter is the man off the bench for now, once we get a legit starting C and move John to PF!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turnermx said:

Yes it was an article day of trade I believe..

on 2k20 Trae is 4 overall PG Jeff 22 😄 https://www.2kratings.com/top-50-point-guards-nba-2k20

BTW in my post above I meant to include Heurter.  for me Hunter is the man off the bench for now, once we get a legit starting C and move John to PF!

I forget are you ps or Xbox?