• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Didn’t you manage to miss another game earlier when we got blown out? 🤔 I’m jealous I had to sit through this. It just really stunk because of the moment we had from last night but I guess they were saying they got in late from San Antonio. Yup 👍🏾 schedule makers really hate us lw3 wasn’t kidding.

Keep in mind the 1 hour time difference as well.  They got to Atlanta 2 AM Eastern on a game day. Scheduled loss is right.

• Sad 3

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Didn’t you manage to miss another game earlier when we got blown out? 🤔 I’m jealous I had to sit through this. It just really stunk because of the moment we had from last night but I guess they were saying they got in late from San Antonio. Yup 👍🏾 schedule makers really hate us lw3 wasn’t kidding.

I have foresight to figure out which games to miss, lol.

I'm not surprised though - team was on a high after a walk off win on the road, probably got in from SAS late.

My one complaint as I said above - can't have Collins on Drummond. It severely limits his effectiveness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Play #3 is what I want to see Collins develop more of in his game.

Not sure which one #3 was but they also mentioned on the air last night and showed a clip of LP saying the game winner from Huerter had to do with Collins going to the hoop. He has to be a rim runner for us to present the threat to the opponent and open us up on the perimeter. 

So I’m all for any player that allows athletic Collins to attack the hoop with or without the ball.

6 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Pistons bench outscored Hawks bench 76-37.  Len and Parker could have definitely helped...

Ya I heard that stat and at the time I think we had 91 points total and their bench 76. That can’t happen. Ya for sure we have a depleted squad but need production from anyone given any minutes at all.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Not sure which one #3 was but they also mentioned on the air last night and showed a clip of LP saying the game winner from Huerter had to do with Collins going to the hoop. He has to be a rim runner for us to present the threat to the opponent and open us up on the perimeter. 

So I’m all for any player that allows athletic Collins to attack the hoop with or without the ball.

The 3rd play in the clip.

• Moderators

I went to the game which is unfortunate.  I should get my money back.   We just don't have any depth to play road-home back to backs.  

Pistons punked us.   It was a horribly officiated game but we were playing so bad anyway it didn't seem to matter.   Typical old school nba reffing where they let the aggressive team play real physical and the timid team gets a lot of touch fouls.

Anyway, it was good to see Teague out there.  He had a lot of mistakes but with no practice that's not surprising.  It's nice to have a real nba player off the bench.  

Everyone looked like they were terrified of Rose and Markieff.  we've got to play more physically.

• Like 2