Zion debut

Thomas

Tomorrow night. Figuring he may be rusty but fully expect him to take a lot of frustration for not being on the court as of yet out on the Spurs. Gotta be an interesting game. Think a healthy Zion and Ingram in the lineup should be quite formidable real soon.

• Like 1

Ya Zion is for real. He’s got such a great feel for the game and that handle for a man of his size is nuts 🥜. I’m excited to taping it and watching it after we beat the Clipps! 😉 

I still have dream about oops 😬 🏀  from Trae to Zion 😞 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya Zion is for real. He’s got such a great feel for the game and that handle for a man of his size is nuts 🥜. I’m excited to taping it and watching it after we beat the Clipps! 😉 

I still have dream about oops 😬 🏀  from Trae to Zion 😞 

Just looked at the West standings and believe it or not the Pels are only 3.5 games out of that eight seed. Had no idea. Zion and Ingram staying healthy could make it interesting I believe.

• Like 2

Zion's first NBA regular season game ever and he scores more points than minutes played. Article stated he scored seventeen straight in the fourth and helped the Pels take the lead at that point. Was 8 of 11 from the floor for the game. He will be something for sure when he can play regular minutes. Did not even play twenty minutes last night and had that much impact.

Williamson scored 17 consecutive points during a stretch that electrified the crowd and helped turn a double-digit deficit into a brief Pelicans lead before he headed to the bench for the last time with 5:23 remaining.

Was hoping we might get to see a Sap and Zion matchup for a while tonight. The Nuggets page has Sap out without a definite return time table as of now. Pels at home against the Nuggets looks to be a pretty fun game right there anyway.

• Premium Member

Zion is a Beastasorous Rex. Everyone who has seen him play can attest. The massive question mark is can he stay healthy, and how long he will have that explosiveness that makes him so special. He's got a lot of skills to go along with that freakish athleticism, but it's that athleticism that sets him apart in a category perhaps all his own. Without it I don't think he has that ability to be a generational talent. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Zion is a Beastasorous Rex. Everyone who has seen him play can attest. The massive question mark is can he stay healthy, and how long he will have that explosiveness that makes him so special. He's got a lot of skills to go along with that freakish athleticism, but it's that athleticism that sets him apart in a category perhaps all his own. Without it I don't think he has that ability to be a generational talent. 

Shawn Kemp made the transition pretty well.  And that was with horrible conditioning.  It'll be interesting to see for sure.  

Didn't see the game but apparently Zion had a strong impact in about twenty minutes tonight. Efficient scoring numbers again in his second game.

The Pelicans outscored Denver by 16 when Williamson was in the game. He helped fuel a 14-2 run that gave New Orleans a brief, 72-70 lead in the third quarter. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

This one's for @kg01

Zion Williamson’s lawsuit with Prime Sports Marketing’s Gina Ford, his former agent, has taken an interesting twist. According to court papers published early Sunday afternoon by Wallach Legal, LLC founder and gaming law and sports betting attorney Daniel Wallach, Ford served Williamson with requests for admission that he received impermissible benefits to attend Duke and wear or use Nike or choose an Adidas-sponsored school.

– via Garrett Stepien @ 247Sports

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No big deal here. Always try to target the stars ⭐️ after the fact. It’s almost tradition now and wouldn’t be right without allegations. Zion will be ok 👌 

Uh, they signed a multi-year deal with the agency iiuc.  This isn't some gold-digger showing up with their hands out.

@JayBirdHawk it's not news that Duke is dirty as the day is long.  But it does warm my cold, dead heart to see it finally coming out.

• Thanks 1