• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Thunder

lethalweapon3

Thought Dennis was almost decent out of the gate his rookie season but after the Nutgate incident in Sacramento he was never the same that year. After that point he started getting precious few minutes.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Lol, that was a valuable lesson learned for me. I remember seeing him struggle to turn the corner his rookie year that just left me saying - why the hell were scouts claiming he has 'lighting speed'. I was already pretty down on him and thought he was goona bust for sure. Come a year later you then start to see the skill set and quickness that scouts were so high on. I know the rookies have been disappointing for the most part but just goes to show that you have to give them time. Development isn't going to happen in a day.

You have to have the patience of a Tibetan monk. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Haha 1

• Admin

Was at the game ... we started out playing very solid d especially at the beginning of the third ... then the three point flood gates began and the oceans parted ... cam really showed an attitude and came to play tonight ... Len and Jones are just horrible ... Trae is a disaster on d.  I was impressed with Hunter tonight ... he has some solid moves ....

man Shai just has some awesome moves around the basket ... he has some real stop and go tricky stuff ... he is going to be a Star.  

1 hour ago, JTB said:

I hear ya but I don’t think Trae is the result of the bad defense solely. Even tonight most of the bad defense was muscala and Gallinari being left with open off the screen.

thats when it started to get out of hand! None of which was traes fault.

but on another note if you can hide curry and kyrie on defense you can hide Trae on defense. A lot of possessions trae was assigned to cp3 and if you go back and watch unless Paul has the  ball in his hands he don’t do much moving offensively.

its not all trae...the sad truth is they just can’t defend even at a average level right now but they’ll get there

It wasn't even screens. Len and Jones straight up didn't play defense on 5 of those 8 made 3's. Other than a few obviously bad possessions, I didn't really notice them attacking Trae too much tonight. Which was surprising. He got to hide out on Dort (who I didn't even know existed) for about 16 minutes. Which was unfortunate for Huerter because he really needed a place to hide.

Edited by High5
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, High5 said:

It wasn't even screens. Len and Jones straight up didn't play defense on 5 of those 8 made 3's. Other than a few obviously bad possessions, I didn't really notice them attacking Trae too much tonight. Which was surprising. He got to hide out on Dort (who I didn't even know existed) for about 16 minutes. Which was unfortunate for Huerter because he really needed a place to hide.

I would have to watch again on how they got open but it doesn’t matter how cause they were open and open a lot! We can agree on that!.....we can also agree that trae was not being attacked very much...definitely agree on that comment as well

2 hours ago, High5 said:

I didn't think those guards really slowed him down on the offensive end either. He came out cold like he does some nights missing his first 5 shots, but he scored 26 points on 15 shots after that. And he tied his career best with 16 assists to 1 turnover. That's a fine night when 3/5 of our starters were completely useless out there.

Yeah no one can stop superstars. They can only stop themselves. Once we get some defense around trae it’s going to be ON!

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Was at the game ... we started out playing very solid d especially at the beginning of the third ... then the three point flood gates began and the oceans parted ... cam really showed an attitude and came to play tonight ... Len and Jones are just horrible ... Trae is a disaster on d.  I was impressed with Hunter tonight ... he has some solid moves ....

man Shai just has some awesome moves around the basket ... he has some real stop and go tricky stuff ... he is going to be a Star.  

I didn’t see trae getting attacked much defensively. But it’s always different for some reason watching at home and actually being there. 

seem like to me once the defense goes down hill in the game the first person folks like to point fingers at is Trae but I didn’t see it that way...looked like our bigs mainly Len and Jones simply fell asleep on moose and Gallinari and it got out of hand from there.

would you agree? Or did it seem like it was more Trae being attacked? I’m curious since you were there. 

• Like 1

• Admin
6 hours ago, JTB said:

I didn’t see trae getting attacked much defensively. But it’s always different for some reason watching at home and actually being there. 

seem like to me once the defense goes down hill in the game the first person folks like to point fingers at is Trae but I didn’t see it that way...looked like our bigs mainly Len and Jones simply fell asleep on moose and Gallinari and it got out of hand from there.

would you agree? Or did it seem like it was more Trae being attacked? I’m curious since you were there. 

They played some serious d on Trae ... CP, Dennis and Shai tagged teamed him ... I am getting tired of the long bombs though... I know he can make them but they are such a low percentage shot.  It usually works against us ...

OKC just went on a Three point blitz and people weee getting whatever shot they wanted ... Moose couldn’t miss, Gall had a great game and whoever Darius Balzy is just attacked at will.  I commmented on Traes d because it was extremely matador ... ole   ... he was not the only one but he put no effort out there and for someone as important as him and is going to get as many minutes as him he needs to try to stop the opposing guards and really challenge some shots.

the center corp was embarrassing... worst game I have seen from Len as a hawk, Bruno was not much better but he is learning and Jones ... why was he still in the game?  Vince just looked like an old man among boys.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JTB said:

Trae was attacked like a mfer bro. Yeah, those bigs were giving up open threes like crazy, Trae man attacked Trae often and found someone and they found someone else who was open. Trae just can't guard his man.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The excuse I'll give Len is he is literally just back from an injury and got injured again. 

No more excuses he is inconsistent and sucks. He can’t use the excuse that he’s a young player anymore he should have his ish together by now. Can’t get blocked by the rim over and over again it gets old.

A lot of you were saying you wanted him on the cheap as a backup..

HELL NAW dump his ASAP.

Edited by Spud2nique

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Trae was attacked like a mfer bro. Yeah, those bigs were giving up open threes like crazy, Trae man attacked Trae often and found someone and they found someone else who was open. Trae just can't guard his man.

Trae had nothing to do with Gallinari’s or Moose’s 3’s if that’s what you’re implying.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Lol, that was a valuable lesson learned for me. I remember seeing him struggle to turn the corner his rookie year that just left me saying - why the hell were scouts claiming he has 'lighting speed'. I was already pretty down on him and thought he was goona bust for sure. Come a year later you then start to see the skill set and quickness that scouts were so high on. I know the rookies have been disappointing for the most part but just goes to show that you have to give them time. Development isn't going to happen in a day.

you could tell Dennis learned alot from Teague. It's like he switched his whole game up after one year. He was supposed to be Rondo with a jumpshot (lol) but he ended up being more of a slasher like Jeff. Dennis couldn't beat a chair off the dribble his rookie year, every drive he got ridden to the baseline and had to reset. Then he came back his sophomore year getting to the basket at will

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Trae was attacked like a mfer bro. Yeah, those bigs were giving up open threes like crazy, Trae man attacked Trae often and found someone and they found someone else who was open. Trae just doesn't care to try to guard his man.

Fixed. Until I see Trae in a defensive stance and actually trying and still getting cooked then i'll just accept that he's just a horrible defender. But as of right now, he just stands straight up and goes through the motions with zero effort.

15 minutes ago, High5 said:

Trae had nothing to do with Gallinari’s or Moose’s 3’s if that’s what you’re implying.

We were playing good defense in most of those possessions so yeah, the bigs just didn't want to get out on the perimeter to defend.