• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Crystal Ball "What If" thread.

thecampster

26 minutes ago, AHF said:

@KB21

Here is my bet proposal. 

Stake:  One month avatar bet.

Condition:  If the Hawks make a significant trade that you acknowledge is a major move, then the bet is off.  This applies only if they do not make a trade that you deem major.  You can make that call unilaterally once the trade deadline passes.

Bet Terms:  If the condition above doesn't void the bet, you win if the Hawks finish with one of the 5 worst records in the league in the 2020-21 season.  I win if they finish better than that.

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

OK.  I’ll take that bet.  

giphy.gif

I’m trying to see an avenue where the Hawks can add the veterans that push this team into the playoff picture next season, and I just am not seeing it at this point.  The free agent class is not strong, and as much as I am against stripping things down, I’m also against overpaying for talent in free agency.  That’s one reason why I liked Danny Ferry’s approach to free agency.  He tended to get ascending players on good contracts, even if he was unable to turn them into more assets before they cashed in.  

For this to happen, there is going to have to be a major step forward by the young players on this team.  

• Like 1