• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has LP seen the light or

Buzzard

will he go back to his tried and untrue rotation of Jones, Len, Parker, and Vince getting most of the minutes. This month has seen Fernando getting his most minutes per game so far. He is also showing signs of growth. I really want this trend to continue and hope Fernando continues to get around 20 minutes or more a game.

Problem is, I don't trust LP and his wild reliance on veterans, no matter how bad we play with them. For the month of January Fernando's stats are tending up and his plus minus for this short period of nine games is a very solid +7. If you want to fudge the numbers and base it off his last 10 games using the December 30th game, he is +20 for those 10 games. I think Fernando has a real shot at being a quality big; but experience with the 1st unit against high quality players is key. I think this takes a lot of pressure off Collins as well. I hope like hell when Parker and Len get back full strength, Bruno still gets those minutes.

A little over two months left. Does LP continue to trust Fernando or does he fall back into his old habits?

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

will he go back to his tried and untrue rotation of Jones, Len, Parker, and Vince getting most of the minutes. This month has seen Fernando getting his most minutes per game so far. He is also showing signs of growth. I really want this trend to continue and hope Fernando continues to get around 20 minutes or more a game.

Problem is, I don't trust LP and his wild reliance on veterans, no matter how bad we play with them. For the month of January Fernando's stats are tending up and his plus minus for this short period of nine games is a very solid +7. If you want to fudge the numbers and base it off his last 10 games using the December 30th game, he is +20 for those 10 games. I think Fernando has a real shot at being a quality big; but experience with the 1st unit against high quality players is key. I think this takes a lot of pressure off Collins as well. I hope like hell when Parker and Len get back full strength, Bruno still gets those minutes.

Two more months left. Does LP continue to trust Fernando or does he fall back into his old habits?

I think Fernando starts and plays serious minutes for the remainder of the season. As long as he's finishing around the rim like he was against the Wiz, LP will have a hard time keeping him off the floor. The only thing in his way now is his tendency to get in foul trouble.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

A little over two months left. Does LP continue to trust Fernando or does he fall back into his old habits?

Bruno wasn't ready to get heavy minutes earlier in the season. Hard to hold that against LP. If he was hell bent on vets vs rookies why were Hunter and Cam getting more min than Bembry, Turner, Crabbe, etc...? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, REHawksFan said:

Bruno wasn't ready to get heavy minutes earlier in the season. Hard to hold that against LP. If he was hell bent on vets vs rookies why were Hunter and Cam getting more min than Bembry, Turner, Crabbe, etc...? 

Crabbe was injured and missed the first 10 games of the season. By the 14th game he was getting 20 minutes a game. Huerter was on minutes restriction until the 8th game of the season, then he was promptly injured the 10th game and out for the next 10. Turner and Bembry played to much in my opinion based on their production; but with Crabbe and then Huerter out, he had no choice. Turner was suppose to be our BU Point Guard anyway. Seriously, did you expect him to play two rookies 48 minutes a night?

Its simple math, Crabbe out the 1st 10 games, Huerter out from the 10th game until the 21st. We were down a shooting guard the first 20 games of the season. And we were down our starting PF from game 7 until game 31. Put it to you like this, if Len or Jones were injured at the seasons start, he would have played Bruno more to start the season as well.

Hunter starting was a given, Reddish was due to all the injuries and Collins suspension. Now because of Len and Parker missing games, Fernando is getting minutes. It seems the only way to force LP's hand is to have a injury or suspension happen. Then the little light bulb goes off and he keeps giving them good minutes.

That is what I am hoping for now with Fernando.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I think Fernando starts and plays serious minutes for the remainder of the season. As long as he's finishing around the rim like he was against the Wiz, LP will have a hard time keeping him off the floor. The only thing in his way now is his tendency to get in foul trouble.

I don't mind the fouls from a rookie big man. He is not like Mitchell Robinson at least and it does indicate a willingness to play physical.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

LP has proven over the last 2 years his willingness to play young guys when they are able to contribute. I just think your suggestion that he favors vets over youth is bogus. That was Buds MO. Not LP.

I just do not understand the love affair with Bembry or Jones. They are both in contract years and still playing like crap.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I just do not understand the love affair with Bembry or Jones. They are both in contract years and still playing like crap.

I dont get it. One min you say "we can't play Cam and Hunter 48 min" but then you complain about Jones getting 16 min a game? 

Bruno will be getting more now that he's more ready to play higher minutes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I dont get it. One min you say "we can't play Cam and Hunter 48 min" but then you complain about Jones getting 16 min a game? 

Bruno will be getting more now that he's more ready to play higher minutes.

Jones got 20.2 minutes a game in November and 16.2 minutes a game in December. Fernando got 13.7 minutes a game in November and 10.4 minutes a game in December. Why not the other way around with Fernando getting the experience? Hell man, do you really think Jones getting more minutes than Fernando made a difference those two months?

Now Jones has gotten 11.9 for January and Fernando has gotten 14.4. The script has finally flipped in Fernando's favor. Over Fernando's last five games he is getting almost exactly 17 minutes a game. My point is, it took a injury to Parker and a minor injury to Len to make this happen. So will Bruno take a hit once again when Len and Parker are 100%, or will Jones take the hit as he should, since he is so bad?

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think you'll find anyone in the league who agrees with this statement.  

I don't care if they agree or not. The proof is in Jones getting more minutes than Fernando; while he was also playing Vince like he is some kind of real back up power forward.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Jones got 20.2 minutes a game in November and 16.2 minutes a game in December. Fernando got 13.7 minutes a game in November and 10.4 minutes a game in December. Why not the other way around with Fernando getting the experience? Hell man, do you really think Jones getting more minutes than Fernando made a difference those two months?

Now Jones has gotten 11.9 for January and Fernando has gotten 14.4. The script has finally flipped in Fernando's favor. Over Fernando's last five games he is getting almost exactly 17 minutes a game. My point is, it took a injury to Parker and a minor injury to Len to make this happen. So will Bruno take a hit once again when Len and Parker are 100%, or will Jones take the hit as he should, since he is so bad?

I think this is a case of both Bruno and Jones were terrible at that time. Jones isn't a vet.  He's played less games that Trae and probably Kevin too. However, he did have more experience than Bruno.  Bruno was completely lost on offense and defense at the beginning of the year. LP played him sparingly  because his awareness was worse than Jones at that point. 

Jones is not very good we can agree on that. However, instead of worrying about LP might do, how about we just be happy that he put Bruno back in the line up when he came back. Bruno's producing there's no reason to replace him with Jones. Hell we will start John instead of Jones at this point.  

It seems like no matter what LP does some of you will complain about what he MIGHT do or isn't doing.  He's proven that he's getting these guys better.  Bruno has improved with LP. Cam most definitely has improved.  John Kev and Trae are all improving.  As long as he does that this year, I'm not complaining about him. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I don't care if they agree or not. The proof is in Jones getting more minutes than Fernando; while he was also playing Vince like he is some kind of real back up power forward.

Has he played VC and Jones more than Bruno recently? If so, could it be that Bruno was in file trouble.  Pierce has NEVER stopped playing our young players when they are producing unless injury or something occurs. 

Trae and Cam are prime examples of that.  Most here were complaining Cam was getting too many minutes earlier.  

• Like 1

Just now, marco102 said:

I think this is a case of both Bruno and Jones were terrible at that time. Jones isn't a vet.  He's played less games that Trae and probably Kevin too. However, he did have more experience than Bruno.  Bruno was completely lost on offense and defense at the beginning of the year. LP played him sparingly  because his awareness was worse than Jones at that point. 

Jones is not very good we can agree on that. However, instead of worrying about LP might do, how about we just be happy that he put Bruno back in the line up when he came back. Bruno's producing there's no reason to replace him with Jones. Hell we will start John instead of Jones at this point.  

It seems like no matter what LP does some of you will complain about what he MIGHT do or isn't doing.  He's proven that he's getting these guys better.  Bruno has improved with LP. Cam most definitely has improved.  John Kev and Trae are all improving.  As long as he does that this year, I'm not complaining about him. 

When we have two losing streaks, one of eight games and another for nine games in the first 33 games of the season, you bet I will question the logic in not giving our young big man minutes to start the season off. How much worse could we have been? And whats more important, giving Jones and Vince minutes or giving more minutes to a player you plan on having around for the next 4 years?

I think he screwed the pooch and we could have been better in December had he gotten Fernando the experience in November. We damn sure would not have been much worse.

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

When we have two losing streaks, one of eight games and another for nine games in the first 33 games of the season, you bet I will question the logic in not giving our young big man minutes to start the season off. How much worse could we have been? And whats more important, giving Jones and Vince minutes or giving more minutes to a player you plan on having around for the next 4 years?

I think he screwed the pooch and we could have been better in December had he gotten Fernando the experience in November. We damn sure would not have been much worse.

Cool so we are playing the WHAT IF game.   There's nothing he could have done to get us many more wins.  We wouldn't be in playoff contention or anything.  Why are you so angry about something you think could have happened and not what actually is happening?  

I mean I'm upset I could be a billionaire, but what's the point of me complaining about something that I can't change? 

Edited by marco102
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Has he played VC and Jones more than Bruno recently? If so, could it be that Bruno was in file trouble.  Pierce has NEVER stopped playing our young players when they are producing unless injury or something occurs. 

Trae and Cam are prime examples of that.  Most here were complaining Cam was getting too many minutes earlier.  

This is not about what he has done since Fernando got back just 6 games ago. The question is will LP fall back on his bad habit of not playing Fernando once Parker and Len start getting into the lineup on a regular basis again. Jones should only play if someone is out and he has to. In other words, Jones needs to start getting DNPs the rest of the way should those two start playing again. I do expect them back and getting minutes.

All the Center minutes should start going to Fernando and Len, once Len starts playing again. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Len was supposed to start. That flubbed.

Jones was given a chance to start. That flubbed.

Now it's Bruno's turn now he has gotten some NBA experience under her belt. Bruno was just too raw 

I cannot buy the experience part. LP is hooked on some players. Those players being Bembry, Vince, and Jones. I hope the trend with Jones at least has come to a abrupt stop.

LP is the coach, he should have seen the Jones flub coming a mile away; just from watching them practice every day.

Edited by Buzzard

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

This is not about what he has done since Fernando got back just 6 games ago. The question is will LP fall back on his bad habit of not playing Fernando once Parker and Len start getting into the lineup on a regular basis again. Jones hsould only play if someone is out and he has to. In other words, Jones needs to start getting DNPs the rest of the way should those two start playing again. I do expect them back and getting minutes.

All the Center minutes should start going to Fernando and Len, once Len starts playing agin. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Okay. So what leaves you to believe that LP will play Jones more than Bruno when recent trends have shown that Bruno is starting and Jones is coming off the bench when someone is in foul trouble or isn't playing at all?  Jabari plays power forward, Len plays center.  Doesn't seem like there's too much to be worried about if you ask me.  If LP was starting Jones and Bruno was coming off the bench it seems like we should be having that conversation. 

Again, LP is doing exactly what you want by giving Bruno more time.  Why are you complaining now when he's clearly shown that now Bruno is ahead of Jones on the depth charts by starting. 

The proof is in the pudding.  If he wanted to play Jones more when the others are healthy, Jones would be playing more now and starting. 

• Like 2