• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has LP seen the light or

Buzzard

• Moderators
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I’m not convinced about how willing he is to make a deal for a guy like Adams, and I’m the guy that has questioned his approach to building this team the entire time.  

I agree with you there.  I'm not seeing this Adams deal coming to fruition at all.  

54 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I agree with you there.  I'm not seeing this Adams deal coming to fruition at all.  

If all we are looking for is a stop gap with Adams next year, I cannot see giving up more than the Nets pick and cap relief. OKC probably wants more than that. There are free agents available next season that could be stop gaps and they will not take away a 1st round pick.

I am starting to like the 2nd option better.

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If all we are looking for is a stop gap with Adams next year, I cannot see giving up more than the Nets pick and cap relief. OKC probably wants more than that. There are free agents available next season that could be stop gaps and they will not take away a 1st round pick.

I am starting to like the 2nd option better.

IIRC (per Supes) - Thunder wants the 2020 BKN pick, we have offered OKC their 2022 1st back.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

IIRC (per Supes) - Thunder wants the 2020 BKN pick, we have offered OKC their 2022 1st back.

I think he is worth the Brooklyn pick. That would save us a lot of headache looking for a starting Center next season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Buzzard said:

There are free agents available next season that could be stop gaps and they will not take away a 1st round pick.

There were stop gap free agents centers available last year but he chose to spend money on players like Jabari Parker

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

There were stop gap free agents centers available last year but he chose to spend money on players like Jabari Parker

I have to assume since you are using the word stop gap, you are referring to Jonas Valanciuas ( 3 years for 45 million ) , Brook Lopez ( 4 years 52 million ), Julius Randle ( 3 years 63 million ). Everyone ranked above those signed for even better money. Or dare I say Cousins ( Pass )?

Edited by Buzzard

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I disagree!  He would be a 1 year rental and sign elsewhere after the season

I guess you are right and there is no gray area in which he would want to stay with us. Poor poor pitiful us. Then again, he might and there is the fact his cap clears for the better 2021 free agent season.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, Buzzard said:

I guess you are right and there is no gray area in which he would want to stay with us. Poor poor pitiful us. Then again, he might and there is the fact his cap clears for the better 2021 free agent season.

This is why I'm fine with trading for Adams with a protected first.  He will do a ton of good for this team competing next year and does offer you the nice alternatives of signing long-term or clearing space in a much more attractive FA market.  It is why Drummond and his long-term contract demands are less attractive to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

Anyone going to mention that this is why Jones has been getting minutes.  He's a young guy too who has a lot to learn.  Where would we be now with Bruno and Len out if Jones was just getting in games for the first time.   He wasn't great but was productive against the sixers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1