• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Half the season behind us, what FA targets are you most hoping on Schlenk's radar?

sturt

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, marco102 said:

That would give the Hawks three solid vets who can contribute Sap, Dedmon, Teague

I love Teague's maturity, but this roster cries out for someone who is an exceptional defender at PG. So, to my mind, it's either Goodwin or Teague, and I think Goodwin's too intriguing to let go.

54 minutes ago, sturt said:

I love Teague's maturity, but this roster cries out for someone who is an exceptional defender at PG. So, to my mind, it's either Goodwin or Teague, and I think Goodwin's too intriguing to let go.

Supposedly the plan is to keep both. If Jeff can muster up more games like last night then am ok with it and just want the Goodwin signing to be announced. Can't truly believe it till it actually happens but Goodwin definitely should be signed right now. Would be very interesting if they actually do draft a point though.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Supposedly the plan is to keep both.

Did Schlenk say something I missed? (Hope not.)

Teague has his positives, but from where I sit, either he or Goodwin have to find other work next season.

22 minutes ago, sturt said:

Did Schlenk say something I missed? (Hope not.)

Teague has his positives, but from where I sit, either he or Goodwin have to find other work next season.

Maybe one of the sportswriters but there have been posts on the subject after the trade on here referring to it.

This is all I can find in the Teague thread from Jan. Certainly not a firm statement from TS. Believe there is another reference am thinking of, maybe from LP, not really sure.

The Hawks will use the next 41 games as a dress rehearsal for Jeff Teague’s future with the team. In a perfect scenario, Schlenk said, they’ll re-sign him this summer.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

There's plenty of room on a roster for both.

Current PGs effectiveness is not even as daunting as this fence.

giphy.gif

This team roster cries out for some stronger defensive assets, and particularly so on the ball.

Edit: I swear, that looks like so much fun. I wish I were a dog sometimes.

Until the Capela and Teague trade, I was all about Center, BU Point Guard, Shooter, BU Power Forward who could also be a shooter.

Now I want to keep Teague and chase shooters.

Bertrans, Bogdanovic, and Porter are my favorites. I think all three could take up more cap than most here want to pay, But that is life in the modern NBA; shooting is valued and you have to pay for it. Jerami Grant is a pretty weak rebounding player for his size; but he has shot well the past two seasons. Crowder is way down my list but he could be the best bargain.

I do not see any of my three favorites taking less than 15 million a year on a pretty long term deal; but maybe one of them would take 20 - 25 on a one year deal so they can try and reap the benefits of the 2021 free agent frenzy. With Jokic, Harris, Murray, and Barton all on guaranteed contracts, Grant will be a push for Denver to keep so he could be had.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Atlanta should consider moving their pick for Buddy.  

Hell no...He'll eat into our cap space too much imo... He's not a ball handler..And he plays no defense.   We have enough of players who suck at defense...All he can do is shoot..Hes not even starting in Sacramento atm..He's trying to go the Dedmon route. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hell no...He'll eat into our cap space too much imo... He's not a ball handler..And he plays no defense.   We have enough of players who suck at defense...All he can do is shoot..Hes not even starting in Sacramento atm..He's trying to go the Dedmon route. lol

He’s better right now than anyone the Hawks could potentially use that pick on.  

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He’s better right now than anyone the Hawks could potentially use that pick on.  

THat pick wont cost  94 million $ either...We can find a shooter for way less in FA..And perhaps one that can play a lilttle defense..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

I agree that we need to move the pick for actual help.  I also agree Hield shouldn't be the target.

We need to probe what's gonna happen in PHI.  I'd take either of their guys in a package for our '20 pick.

Not saying it's likely but shiiii, we've seen front offices do dumb shizz before haven't we?  May as well be poised to pounce.

How much egg would be on our faces if we trade for limited a** Hield only to find out later Embiid demands out?

Other guys ..

Beal - come see what-a real all-star look like, Bradley

Nurkic+ - aye, you been playin' with Trae-lite in POR.  Come see the real deal

Jrue+ - I know, I know, the value's not there but he's a perfect fit.

Booker - *shudders* I'll figure a way to enjoy watching him play.  Shout out @bleachkit