• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Capela being mentioned again

Thomas

Shams Charania stating we are showing interest at the moment. Remember not so long ago Capela's contract numbers were considered absurd by a number of us. Times do change though especially with our pricey recent interests anyway. Understand @Gray Mule will not appreciate the foul line stats nor should any of us because they stink but he is efficient otherwise and can really help around the rim which we obviously need. It seems unlikely to me but I could say that about every possible big man trade because of how adverse we are to giving up key firsts. 

As for Capela, one of the more intriguing points of discussion in any pursuit of his services would be an appetizing contract. The veteran center is under team control through the 2022-23 season, earning $14.9 million this season, $16 million for 2020-21, $17.1 million for 2021-22 and $18.2 million for 2022-23. That is a more than reasonable price for a quality starter at the position and, given his age, Capela would seemingly fit in well with what the Hawks are trying to build.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, turnermx said:

The key is under team control at what is now attractive contract for a center through 2022-23. This means he can't walk after less than half a season, justifying possibly giving up a first rounder to acquire him.  Would not give up Collins in the deal though. To me, thats a non starter you want Capela at C for Collins to be PF full time. Capela to me is more attractive than Drummond because he has a high motor and can do more than just rebound better than everybody else.  

Agree, would never give up Trae, Cam or JC in any deal. Our hard core. Like Capela enough to bring him in myself though might not have him on the floor in close games with one minute left. So many games possibly lost at the line. Anyway, like his contract now whether I did before or not.

• Like 2