• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Excellent NFL distraction tonight

Thomas

My betting is strictly buying a Fantasy Five ticket when it gets fat but my guess is a bunch around here are probably throwing some cash down tonight. My deal is I love Mahomes game because it is so entertaining and a bit mesmerizing at times, Shanny is coaching on the other side so there is that dislike to be polite and Mecole is a big part of the Chiefs overall attack. Mecole has done with the Chiefs what I always expected of him with the Dawgs. So....uh....go K.C. Believe it will be a great game.

That fourth quarter certainly got the monkey off of Andy Reid's head coaching back. Mahomes doing what he does late in games and the Chiefs take it. Think I'll leave Shanahan alone for the moment and rub it in another time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I was at a party so didn't really see a lot of game details.  So did Shanahan make some blunders or did they just get beat in the 4th?

They got beat in the 4th pretty bad. 21 - 0. Without looking at the stats, it appeared to me he settled into his conservative ways with run on 1st down throughout much of the 4th quarter. Their game plan was great the 1st three quarters and kept the Chiefs off balance by utilizing Jimmy G and the passing game a lot more in the 1st three quarters. The last two minutes they started passing on 1st down but to no avail.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

They got beat in the 4th pretty bad. 21 - 0. Without looking at the stats, it appeared to me he settled into his conservative ways with run on 1st down throughout much of the 4th quarter. Their game plan was great the 1st three quarters and kept the Chiefs off balance by utilizing Jimmy G and the passing game a lot more in the 1st three quarters. The last two minutes they started passing on 1st down but to no avail.

9ers set record for running the ball the LEAST with >6 Yards per carry, only 22 times.  Why abandon what got you there, and stop playing to Garapalo's main strength (handing the ball off to let the real playmakers carry the load)?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, turnermx said:

9ers set record for running the ball the LEAST with >6 Yards per carry, only 22 times.  Why abandon what got you there, and stop playing to Garapalo's main strength (handing the ball off to let the real playmakers carry the load)?

I think his game plan was to trick them up and you have to admit, it worked for three quarters when they had a 10 point lead with 10 minutes or less in the game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ready to rub it in now since there are zero sports to watch. Shanahan is a good coach but he is even better at choking it away late. As in arm chair quarterbacks could call a better fourth quarter than him don't we all know. KC is fun as hell to watch so have seen parts of that SB a few times now. The new NFL quarterback culture is pretty cool stuff to me. At least we don't know for sure who will take it each year now. Not so sure about the durability record moving forward for quarterbacks but the changeup is pretty exciting stuff to watch.