• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020 Hawks Trade rumors

Spud2nique

Collins on the block... 

Roll in the BS...

Hey @JayBirdHawk I got the thread right here.

John Collins, Myles Turner available?

i_cb_25_f6_john-collins.png?w=60

If the current trade buzz is accurate, the general market for young frontcourt players is robust, with league executives saying both the Indiana Pacers’ Myles Turner and the Atlanta Hawks’ John Collins, big men with the ability to switch between power forward and center, are on the trading block.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Collins on the block... 

Roll in the BS...

Hey @JayBirdHawk I got the thread right here.

John Collins, Myles Turner available?

i_cb_25_f6_john-collins.png?w=60

If the current trade buzz is accurate, the general market for young frontcourt players is robust, with league executives saying both the Indiana Pacers’ Myles Turner and the Atlanta Hawks’ John Collins, big men with the ability to switch between power forward and center, are on the trading block.

Collins for KAT or Embiid, send them a pick/piece or two. Turner or Capella for Collins, they better send us a pick/piece or two.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I mentioned in the other thread that Atlanta was lukewarm to the idea of an even swap. Indy will have to add value to make up ground. 

Collins in Indy with Sabonis would make Indy a favorite in my mind. They are super well coached and Indy would be a beast if/when Oladipo is back full strength.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I remember when Blake Griffin said he tweeted the eyes to see the internet meltdown, lol.

Trae might be doing the same that thread is blowing up rn 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Collins in Indy with Sabonis would make Indy a favorite in my mind. They are super well coached and Indy would be a beast if/when Oladipo is back full strength.

It's a no brainer for Indy and something Atlanta has to give thought to but it's not a good deal for us. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

In the same sense, Myles Turner in Atlanta in their style of offense as the center alongside Trae Young could really unlock Myles’s game.  Myles has the size, rim protection, and floor spacing ability the Hawks need.  The Pacers changed things up this year by going with a two center set with him and Sabonis and changed Myles’s role from a screener, pick and pop, and rim runner role to more of a spot up jump shooting role.  

We also have to face the fact that if our core building blocks are Trae and John, then it is going to be very hard to build the type of team needed around those two to be successful.  They are too limited from a defensive standpoint.  

• Like 1

Just now, KB21 said:

In the same sense, Myles Turner in Atlanta in their style of offense as the center alongside Trae Young could really unlock Myles’s game.  Myles has the size, rim protection, and floor spacing ability the Hawks need.  The Pacers changed things up this year by going with a two center set with him and Sabonis and changed Myles’s role from a screener, pick and pop, and rim runner role to more of a spot up jump shooting role.  

We also have to face the fact that if our core building blocks are Trae and John, then it is going to be very hard to build the type of team needed around those two to be successful.  They are too limited from a defensive standpoint.  

This can be 100% and it could still be a bad deal for us but I like your points. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Myles has the size, rim protection, and floor spacing ability the Hawks need.

He’s also very soft. With Adams you get a rock in the middle. There’s a lot of fluff with Turner. Our defense would still suffer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He’s also very soft. With Adams you get a rock in the middle. There’s a lot of fluff with Turner. Our defense would still suffer.

Adams is also not a great fit alongside Collins, hence my point.  He’s not the move defender that you need, and he would be little more than a screen man offensively.  He doesn’t space the floor with his shot.  

Just now, KB21 said:

Adams is also not a great fit alongside Collins, hence my point.  He’s not the move defender that you need, and he would be little more than a screen man offensively.  He doesn’t space the floor with his shot.  

Is Capela a move defender?

1 minute ago, turnermx said:

🤕

when-lfnaly-trust-someone-no-question-about-it-am-ready-32807457.png

🤣 🤣 🤣 Turner I’m bustin!

• Haha 2