• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020 Draft Talk

KB21

I'm as big of a draft fan as anyone. I hate this class lol. The Hawks need to consider trading this pick, whether that means trading for an established player or just trying again next year.

AE.. I wanted to like him cus he's a Georgia kid thru and thru, but he's been a lazy chucker all year outside of a few explosions in 1 half of games (nature of chucking.. eventually you'll get hot).

I wish Wiseman would've gotten to play all year, he dominated who he played but didn't show an exciting skillset for a t5 big.

The only two prospects I like are Tyrese Haliburton and Onyeka Okongwu. Neither are terribly exciting but I feel they have the highest chance of being useful players to us.

• Like 2

There are few guys Ive got my eye on right now for Atlanta. Here are a few..In no particular order.

Edwards(scorer/slasher on the wing)

Deni(Can play offball and some Point Forward)

Ball(Another playmaker. Ticket seller, media attention getter, for Ressler. lol)

Hayes(We could use a BIG pg with potential)

Toppin(backup PF. Could eventually replace Collins netting us some nice pieces in a trade)

We should end up with another nice player to add to the core regardless where we pick(IF we keep the pick)

I kinda want to keep the pick so I can look forward to SL. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Updated mock on BR has us going Hampton. Says we will pass on the bigs because we have Capela. I’m not buying it. 

4. Atlanta Hawks: RJ Hampton (New Zealand Breakers, SG, 2001)

4 OF 13

843bbee0feb53a04b0e483132454e3f2_crop_exact.jpg?h=533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top
Rick Rycroft/Associated Press

RJ Hampton is a sleeper option in the top five, particularly if the Atlanta Hawks are picking and Edwards, Avdija and Ball are off the board. The acquisition of Clint Capela, signed through 2023, likely eliminates Wiseman, Okongwu and Toppin from consideration. 

In this situation, the Hawks should be thinking hard about Hampton, an excellent fit for his open-floor scoring ability and secondary playmaking. Atlanta's 1.09 points per possession in transition rank No. 22 in the league, per Synergy Sports, and it wouldn't hurt to add another ball-handler to take pressure off Trae Young.

Hampton is highly regarded by scouts for his athleticism, versatility and maturity. Some may question his signature skill, but before he shut it down in the NBL after experiencing hip trouble, enough flashes of attacking, shot-making, passing and defensive anticipation helped paint him as one of the draft's safest picks.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Schlenk has his work cut out for him this year. Complete crapshoot.

I don't ever remember a year where this many guys at the top of the draft got shut down.  Since there wasn't a consensus top pick to begin with, I am sure teams were hoping to see these guys play more to see one or more of them rise to the top.  Just no real chance for that this year.

• Like 1

The best thing about this draft is we can be indifferent to position. PG, SG, SF. PF, Center...it does not matter which position we draft for, the player can be brought along slowly with no pressure to start right away next season.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

I expect TS will shop the pick.  Whether he trades depends on what offers he gets.

Way to go out on a limb there, Ashley. 🙄

49 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

For who? 

I don't even know.  I'm just done with rookies.  D. O. N. E.  Somebody'll be available when the time comes.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't even know.  I'm just done with rookies.  D. O. N. E.  Somebody'll be available when the time comes.

I'm sure somebody will - the question is, are they worth the pick?

• Like 1

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, kg01 said:

When I come up with a means of predicting the availability of players under contract and their market price for trades and the value of a high lottery pick in an unusually volatile draft, I will be on the Hawks payroll rather than posting on a fan site.  It is silly to dogmatically say we should either trade the pick or keep the pick.  It all depends on value.  I don't think that TS is going to commit himself to either course of action without seeing what offers are out there even if he shares your interest in trading for a young vet over getting another rookie.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

When I come up with a means of predicting the availability of players under contract and their market price for trades and the value of a high lottery pick in an unusually volatile draft, I will be on the Hawks payroll rather than posting on a fan site.  It is silly to dogmatically say we should either trade the pick or keep the pick.  It all depends on value.  I don't think that TS is going to commit himself to either course of action without seeing what offers are out there even if he shares your interest in trading for a young vet over getting another rookie.

It's just a messageboard, bro.  Fodder for discussion.

If you're gonna 'bwah, I dunno what's gonna happen, so I won't say nuthin' your way out, then .... c'mon, man.

You're better than that, AH (Mark Jackson voice)

On 2/4/2020 at 11:07 PM, KB21 said:

I’m upset that my Bulldogs are losing this game tonight, but Nik Richards for Kentucky has gotten A LOT better.  He really beat up Reggie Perry in the post tonight.

Tankathon actually has us taking him in the 2nd rd. lol

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Updated mock on BR has us going Hampton. Says we will pass on the bigs because we have Capela. I’m not buying it. 

4. Atlanta Hawks: RJ Hampton (New Zealand Breakers, SG, 2001)

4 OF 13

843bbee0feb53a04b0e483132454e3f2_crop_exact.jpg?h=533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top
Rick Rycroft/Associated Press

RJ Hampton is a sleeper option in the top five, particularly if the Atlanta Hawks are picking and Edwards, Avdija and Ball are off the board. The acquisition of Clint Capela, signed through 2023, likely eliminates Wiseman, Okongwu and Toppin from consideration. 

In this situation, the Hawks should be thinking hard about Hampton, an excellent fit for his open-floor scoring ability and secondary playmaking. Atlanta's 1.09 points per possession in transition rank No. 22 in the league, per Synergy Sports, and it wouldn't hurt to add another ball-handler to take pressure off Trae Young.

Hampton is highly regarded by scouts for his athleticism, versatility and maturity. Some may question his signature skill, but before he shut it down in the NBL after experiencing hip trouble, enough flashes of attacking, shot-making, passing and defensive anticipation helped paint him as one of the draft's safest picks.

Why would having Capela eliminate Toppin? 

47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's just a messageboard, bro.  Fodder for discussion.

If you're gonna 'bwah, I dunno what's gonna happen, so I won't say nuthin' your way out, then .... c'mon, man.

You're better than that, AH (Mark Jackson voice)

That's the best you do on a clap back? Sorry, he just took you to school son.