• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Clint Capela

NBASupes

18 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Does any one know?  Has he been released by Chelsea Lane?  His former team speaks well of him and of his talent.  Hawk fans are sure to want to see what we have.

The last thing I could find on Skal before the trade about that knee injury was on the FANSIDED site. There was worry about the time table that might be involved as in possibly the entire season so that didn't sound good at all but keep in mind nothing stated on that site was conclusive and that also was before the trade happened. Right now we are living with the game updates.

Skal Labissiere has now gone down with a serious leg injury. After an inconclusive MRI he will miss at least five games in the new year. The main worry is that this will be a season ending injury.

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

The last thing I could find on Skal before the trade about that knee injury was on the FANSIDED site. There was worry about the time table that might be involved as in possibly the entire season so that didn't sound good at all but keep in mind nothing stated on that site was conclusive and that also was before the trade happened. Right now we are living with the game updates.

Skal Labissiere has now gone down with a serious leg injury. After an inconclusive MRI he will miss at least five games in the new year. The main worry is that this will be a season ending injury.

I would follow the latest on this, it seemed like he was close to return from Portland staff. From the sounds of it wouldn't surprise me if he was available after ASB.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

If I were having to put money on it, my Spidey sense is persuaded that there's usually a reason for silence, and that reason usually isn't good. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember there being anything asked or said during his intro news presser about when he would be back, and if there was, I'm sure it was ambiguous or we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. So, I'd guess they're hoping he'll be back for the last 10 games, but my money would be on him not playing at all the rest of this season.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

If I were having to put money on it, my Spidey sense is persuaded that there's usually a reason for silence, and that reason usually isn't good. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember there being anything asked or said during his intro news presser about when he would be back, and if there was, I'm sure it was ambiguous or we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. So, I'd guess they're hoping he'll be back for the last 10 games, but my money would be on him not playing at all the rest of this season.

That is my worry, too.  Hope he is back but I have no expectation until we hear something.  I definitely would be shocked if he was available right after the break.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, sturt said:

Regarding both Capela and Skal...all Schleck noted in their intro pressers was that Chelsea hadn't had a chance to see either as yet, which will determine when they'll be back. Said neither will be rushed back.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Regarding both Capela and Skal...all Schleck noted in their intro pressers was that Chelsea hadn't had a chance to see either as yet, which will determine when they'll be back. Said neither will be rushed back.

Forgive my laziness, but didn't I hear from some plausibly reliable source at some point that Capela is expected back this week? I could be making that up.

• Premium Member

Capela intimated he'd be back after the ASB in his presser, Schlenk jumped in and said he hadn't been looked at by Chelsea as yet, so hold your horses. Original reports from Houston before the trade suggested Capela would be back after the break.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'm not overly worried about Capela.  It is Skal that has me worried.  At the end of the day, we still made money to take on his contract (this was about cap relief for Portland) but I'd love for LP to get a test drive still this season.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sturt said:

I would suspect we should hear something definitive today or tomorrow on that front. But if not, that "silence = bad" mantra applies.

I hope we have a update as well. Something along the lines that he is practicing with the team would be great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Schlenk on radio:

No Capela on Thursday.

He will be seen again today and they'll map out a timeline for his return.

He has a bone bruise as well, want him to get totally healthy and painfree before bringing him back. Don't want him to get reinjured.

We really haven't caught a break all year in trying to get and stay healthy. One day soon though, right?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Schlenk on radio:

No Capela on Thursday.

He has a bone bruise as well, want him to get totally healthy and painfree before bring him back. Don't want him to get reinjured.

Bummer....I was looking forward to seeing him play...........................

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bummer....I was looking forward to seeing him play...........................

So, this is how that shyster is going to do it this year.  We will just keep Capela out during this tough stretch to ensure that the team loses enough games to secure a high pick.

32 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, this is how that shyster is going to do it this year.  We will just keep Capela out during this tough stretch to ensure that the team loses enough games to secure a high pick.

Ya that’s actually a good move for us. 2 birds with one stone. Capela gets fully healed and we still give ourselves a shot at a high pick. Why not. 

Yeaaa...like the Warriors are sheisty! And half the other teams in the league why not us.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Schlenk on radio:

No Capela on Thursday.

He has a bone bruise as well, want him to get totally healthy and painfree before bringing him back. Don't want him to get reinjured.

I’m totally ok with this. Patience. The guys that are out there getting reps in place of Capela, make those count! 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m totally ok with this. Patience.

Party pooper here. I'm not.

It's indication of what many of us feared when we saw the relatively cheap price we paid. The theory went that HOU wasn't just opting for a preference for small ball. They were in a position where Capela wasn't likely to help them for a significant portion of the rest of the season anyhow, and in a season when they are so committed to finally breaking through, it was seen as smarter to take a different path than waiting out his injury.

The theory appears to be holding up. Unfortunately.

It still will probably be a win for us, but it should surprise no one if he's still not back in a month.

22 minutes ago, sturt said:

Party pooper here. I'm not.

It's indication of what many of us feared when we saw the relatively cheap price we paid. The theory went that HOU wasn't just opting for a preference for small ball. They were in a position where Capela wasn't likely to help them for a significant portion of the rest of the season anyhow, and in a season when they are so committed to finally breaking through, it was seen as smarter to take a different path than waiting out his injury.

The theory appears to be holding up. Unfortunately.

It still will probably be a win for us, but it should surprise no one if he's still not back in a month.

For them I agree it was detrimental to the momentum they need to fight teams in the west to make a championship run but for us, we aren’t really going anywhere this season so it’s probably beneficial for us long term if he sits out a bit. 

• Like 3