• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Clint Capela

NBASupes

• Premium Member

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

For them I agree it was detrimental to the momentum they need to fight teams in the west to make a championship run but for us, we aren’t really going anywhere this season so it’s probably beneficial for us long term if he sits out a bit. 

I just want to see him and JC together, and for more than the last two weeks of the year. At least hoping for the last 6 weeks.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

This so reminds me of when we traded for Theo Ratliff.

I feel ( remember ) your pain but a 1st round pick that may not even convey this season is not the same as Deke to say the least. I think we did great in this deal and no major injury is listed for Capela. Theo was getting a pin put in his wrist when Kasten traded for him; no such major surgery for Capela.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I feel ( remember ) your pain but a 1st round pick that may not even convey this season is not the same as Deke to say the least. I think we did great in this deal and no major injury is listed for Capela. Theo was getting a pin put in his wrist when Kasten traded for him; no such major surgery for Capela.

Careful. Don't be jinxing us. We're on the outside looking in. Schlenk almost certainly would have done this deal even if he was persuaded there's a decent chance Capela doesn't play this season at all. Everything for now suggests assuming the worst case scenario is good for one's blood pressure long-term.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, sturt said:

Careful. Don't be jinxing us. We're on the outside looking in. Schlenk almost certainly would have done this deal even if he was persuaded there's a decent chance Capela doesn't play this season at all. Everything for now suggests assuming the worst case scenario is good for one's blood pressure long-term.

If TS knew it was likely that Capela would not lace up those Chucks this season, he would definitely have a crisis of unmet expectations for most of Hawks-nation and, dare I say, Trae. Not sure he would not have shared that possibility if Capela sidelined for months was a somewhat probable reality. Just my thoughts. 

Edited by enrique
  • Like 2

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, enrique said:

If TS knew it was likely that Capela would not lace up those Chucks this season, he would definitely have a crisis of unmet expectations for most of Hawks-nation and, dare I say, Trae. Not sure he would not have shared that possibility if Capela sidelined for months was a somewhat probable reality. Just my thoughts. 

I think he planned to be in the lottery from Day 1 and that he would care much less about this season and much more about next season.  Having Dedmon come on board pretty much guarantees better production for the rest of the year so if Capela was lined up for an extended stay I don't think he would pass on him at his price to get a worse deal on a comparable player who could step in immediately.

• Premium Member

So, first week of March?

So, somewhere in the range of 15-20 games?

Okay. Can live with that, no problem.

But, theoretically, the decision on extending JC is somewhat tied to whether he and Capela show they play well together, right?

Hope they do some fast gellin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

So, first week of March?

But, theoretically, the decision on extending JC is somewhat tied to whether he and Capela show they play well together, right?

10 games would put Clint's return on March 9th, a home game against the Hornets. Hopefully he is ready then.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

So, first week of March?

The decision to extend Collins does not have to be made this off season.  It's an option, but that decision does not have to be made.  

• Moderators
Just now, KB21 said:

The decision to extend Collins does not have to be made this off season.  It's an option, but that decision does not have to be made.  

If you aren't going to pay him more than $12M, you should think long and hard about not extending this off season since it will end up reducing your cap space compared to signing the same contract after next year.