• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Clint Capela

NBASupes

Aah!  I remember it well.  Atlanta had a shooting guard who was 6th man of the year.  He's still around.

I know nothing.  But, I have hopes.  Skal Labissiere is one of our new Hawks that we have yet got to see on the floor in his Hawk uniform.  I dream of him, in the future, being in the running for 6th man of the year.  We know that our GM has been wanting him for a long time.  No real reason.  Just a dream right now.

Cal - out - injured.  Dedmon - out - injured.  Skal - out - injured.  Capels - out - injured.  Bembry - out - injured.

Five players out - at least 2 could start, if healthy.  Yet, our beloved Hawk team has won 2 of their last 3 games.  Will we ever see a roster that is 100% healthy?  Probably not until next season at least.  When we get someone well, another will take his spot on the injured list.

Hawks are holding on to their spot in the standings.  It's far too late to even think of making the playoffs this season.  But, hope springs forth in our breast as we think of next season - a healthy season, we hope.

GO ATL HAWKS !

Lick your wounds from our last game and get ready for more back to back play....

:wub:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 3/3/2020 at 6:36 PM, Vol4ever said:

So he supposedly has a bruise but isn't shooting or anything?  Vol4ever will believe it when he hits the floor in a game.  

He's been shooting and conditioning, upgraded to impact workouts.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

The recovery process for Capela has consisted of lots of ups and downs because there are some days when he wakes up and he can’t walk or he walks with a severe limp. He said in the past few days, his heel has been “pretty sore” when he rises out of bed in the morning. That’s why he and the Hawks have been as cautious as possible with his recovery because there are days when the pain is manageable and others when it’s hard to deal with.

“It’s way better now,” Capela said. “Before (with Houston), it was an 8, 9 or 10. Now, it’s coming back down slowly. It’s like a 7 to 5 somedays. There are still a lot of ups and downs, but it’s really progressing. I see it when I wake up and start doing drills and when I run. I definitely see a difference.”

@Vol4ever

• Like 2

If we were playing for something I could see him going, but since we arent its no point in pushing him.

I feel his pain, my heels hurt in the morning too, or when I have been driving in rush hour traffic for a while.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just as I expected.  We traded for an injured player who hopes to heal.  So apparently he has been hurting for awhile.   This is more than a bruise if he is hurting that bad.  Causes me concern but apparently not Travis so we will wait and see.  If he is still a 7 on the pain monitor that is not good.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Just as I expected.  We traded for an injured player who hopes to heal.  So apparently he has been hurting for awhile.   This is more than a bruise if he is hurting that bad.  Causes me concern but apparently not Travis so we will wait and see.  If he is still a 7 on the pain monitor that is not good.  

I roll my eyes when patient’s say they are a 7 on the pain scale.  

If he’s still hurting, they need to do a MRI to make sure he doesn’t have a stress fracture.  

Also, if he’s still hurting, then this needs to be casted.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, KB21 said:

If he’s still hurting, they need to do a MRI to make sure he doesn’t have a stress fracture.  

Also, if he’s still hurting, then this needs to be casted.  

Surely they have done a MRI.  

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, KB21 said:

Because you think they are overstating how much pain they are in?    

I've never really understood how to answer that question but i guess in a sense it doesn't matter. 

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I've never really understood how to answer that question but i guess in a sense it doesn't matter. 

Pain is inherently subjective. There's no easy way to measure it 

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I can tell when a patient is really hurting.  When someone tells me their pain is a 7 but their BP is 120/75, well, they aren’t hurting that bad.  Now, if they tell me its a 7, their BP is 165/90, and their previous readings have been normal, then yes.  They probably are hurting.  Pain will make your pressure go up.  

I also have some physical exam tests I do that tells me whether someone is trying to bullshit me.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I can tell when a patient is really hurting.  When someone tells me their pain is a 7 but their BP is 120/75, well, they aren’t hurting that bad.  Now, if they tell me its a 7, their BP is 165/90, and their previous readings have been normal, then yes.  They probably are hurting.  Pain will make your pressure go up.  

I also have some physical exam tests I do that tells me whether someone is trying to bullshit me.  

That's what i was thinking.  So it's really more of a gauge of how tolerant they are to pain than a measure of their actual pain level?