• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Clint Capela

NBASupes

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The Hawks may not be done.

Think part of that is since Len can't stay healthy Bruno may get plenty of time at C even when Clint is ready so we still need a decent two way player at PF behind JC. Bye, bye Parker I hope. Plenty of options and a couple are cheap. As for a shooter at wing, uh....

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The Hawks may not be done. There is still Jabari Parker ( 6.5 million player option ) and Alex Lens ( 4.1 million ) team friendly contracts left on the books. I doubt they move Teague ( 19 million expiring ) or Parsons ( 25.1 million expiring ) contracts, they are keys to them staying cap friendly.

I don't hate this move for any of the teams and think more could be on the way for Houston and Minnesota. I am thrilled the Hawks got a starting center. Collins can eventually go back to power forward and just as important, they can stop playing DeAndre Hunter at power forward. I think Schlenk is a **** genius to pull this off and still keep the Hawks in cap friendly heaven.

This. I just want our players playing their most natural positions to see how all the pieces fit going forward.

This is what we have missed all season long.

• Like 3

Our two needs moving forward is what to do with Parker. He has played well for us but what if we can get that shooter we covet for him on the wing.

Lastly, Damian Jones and Treveon Graham. What can we get for them even with a pick added. 

Shooting off the bench is the need. We need another wing shooter with Cam. We also need more defense from the bigs. Capela is one but that's all. We need at least one more. 

We got a lot of cap room. We could actually help GS and get Kevon Looney who Travis badly wanted this offseason but for an even better price. I think that might be something to look into. 

My personal targets are:

Jordan McRae

Malik Monk

Kevon Looney

Alec Burks

Glenn Robinson III

Joe Harris

McDermott from the Pacers 

Tomas Sotrasky

Al Farouq Aminu

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Our two needs moving forward is what to do with Parker. He has played well for us but what if we can get that shooter we covet for him on the wing.

Lastly, Damian Jones and Treveon Graham. What can we get for them even with a pick added. 

Shooting off the bench is the need. We need another wing shooter with Cam. We also need more defense from the bigs. Capela is one but that's all. We need at least one more. 

We got a lot of cap room. We could actually help GS and get Kevon Looney who Travis badly wanted this offseason but for an even better price. I think that might be something to look into. 

My personal targets are:

Jordan McRae

Malik Monk

Kevon Looney

Alec Burks

Glenn Robinson III

Joe Harris

McDermott from the Pacers 

Tomas Sotrasky

Al Farouq Aminu

Indy is looking for a taker for TJ Leaf. Looking for a PF. Could Parker fit them and Leaf for us?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Covington is so overrated.  Poor man's Wes Matthews who's also overrated.

Horrible trade for HOU.

Honestly, I like Covington, and I like Matthews, but it's still a head-scratcher that HOU thought this was a good idea. Unless Capela's injury turns out to be a bigger deal than any of us would like to think, it makes no sense that Morey did this.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Honestly, I like Covington, and I like Matthews, but it's still a head-scratcher that HOU thought this was a good idea. Unless Capela's injury turns out to be a bigger deal than any of us would like to think, it makes no sense that Morey did this.

If his boss doesn't want to pay luxury tax, then it makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Is this just about getting a wing defender or what.  I don't know Rockets' motivation.

• Premium Member
Just now, sturt said:

Money saver for HOU, so ask Tillman.

Houston was running less and less PnR which limited Capela's role, so ask D'Antoni.

They now also have $12 million to take on a player by the deadline.

It is strange for them, but good for the Hawks.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If his boss doesn't want to pay luxury tax, then it makes perfect sense.

Can't argue that, and it just highlights that this isn't a basketball trade but a beancounter trade... odd to see it come from a team that just this off-season decided to go all-in for a 2020 title by obtaining Westbrook.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

The Hawks may not be done. There is still Jabari Parker ( 6.5 million player option ) and Alex Lens ( 4.1 million ) team friendly contracts left on the books. I doubt they move Teague ( 19 million expiring ) or Parsons ( 25.1 million expiring ) contracts, they are keys to them staying cap friendly.

May not, but I'm among those who would be surprised.

It almost certainly would have to fit this same theme... we couldn't get a better value at C... productivity versus salary/years... in free agency.

And it would seem to be a buyer's market year with us enjoying the most buying capacity.

• Thanks 1