• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Clint Capela

NBASupes

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Covington is so overrated.  Poor man's Wes Matthews who's also overrated.

Horrible trade for HOU.

Disagree here. It was the right move for them. Once they get in the playoffs they need wing defenders to go up against the Clippers and Lakers to defend Kawhi, PG13, and Lebron.

They thrive on small ball, it works for them. Now, they might lose in the playoffs anyways but this way they have 2 pretty good defenders in Tucker and Covington to throw at those ⭐️ wings of the opposition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Referencing the Rockets' beat writer tweet....

Having said that, Houston sports media aren't exactly known for being aggressive journalists. As someone who is a former fan of the NLstros (to be delineated from the AL-sterisks), I can say I never knew of a sports columnist who was inclined to ask a hard question... not even an equivalent to a Mark Bradley.

But the point is well-taken that it speaks well of our new guy that he would be that combination of easy-going and assertive.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This. I just want our players playing their most natural positions to see how all the pieces fit going forward.

This is what we have missed all season long.

We may even be able to stop playing Vince at PF eventually. Sure would be nice.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

If his boss doesn't want to pay luxury tax, then it makes perfect sense.

The Rockets 10-1 record experience success going away from pick and roll and toward ISO which are the strengths of having both Harden and Westbrook on the team has more to do with it than LT or Capela's foot issue. Also they feel they need wing defense for the playoffs more than they need interior defense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, turnermx said:

The Rockets 10-1 record experience success going away from pick and roll and toward ISO which are the strengths of having both Harden and Westbrook on the team has more to do with it than LT or Capela's foot issue. Also they feel they need wing defense for the playoffs more than they need interior defense

Okay. Sold. Somehow I completely glossed over the fact that Mike D'Antoni is the head coach, and conventional wisdom is not his thing, never has been. That's not a criticism, btw. We share Marshall Thundering Herd DNA. I love the guy.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Okay. Sold. Somehow I completely glossed over the fact that Mike D'Antoni is the head coach, and conventional wisdom is not his thing, never has been. That's not a criticism, btw. We share Marshall Thundering Herd DNA. I love the guy.

I should have added - I think they will need more interior D for the playoffs to replace the above average player they got rid of in that area. 

• Like 1

Clint Capela vs Damian Jones as the C. Whew what a difference.

I honestly get worries about fit with Collins on offense but Collins has a good enough 3 point shot to play 4 out 1 in and be one of the guys spread out at times. His shot is good enough that it requires attention (or if you don't he'll shoot) and he has some ability to create his own or even pass from the high post (refreshed my memory by looking at some video and saw that) He's played with other centers that don't really shoot well (or at all) and has still been good already this year.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Our two needs moving forward is what to do with Parker. He has played well for us but what if we can get that shooter we covet for him on the wing.

Lastly, Damian Jones and Treveon Graham. What can we get for them even with a pick added. 

Shooting off the bench is the need. We need another wing shooter with Cam. We also need more defense from the bigs. Capela is one but that's all. We need at least one more. 

We got a lot of cap room. We could actually help GS and get Kevon Looney who Travis badly wanted this offseason but for an even better price. I think that might be something to look into. 

My personal targets are:

Jordan McRae

Malik Monk

Kevon Looney

Alec Burks

Glenn Robinson III

Joe Harris

McDermott from the Pacers 

Tomas Sotrasky

Al Farouq Aminu

According to a lot of buzz around Rocket fans, Looney may be a target for the Rockets right now. Not sure how they acquire him, but I'd love to have him in the big ATL!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Clint Capela vs Damian Jones as the C. Whew what a difference.

I honestly get worries about fit with Collins on offense but Collins has a good enough 3 point shot to play 4 out 1 in and be one of the guys spread out at times. His shot is good enough that it requires attention (or if you don't he'll shoot) and he has some ability to create his own or even pass from the high post (refreshed my memory by looking at some video and saw that) He's played with other centers that don't really shoot well (or at all) and has still been good already this year.

And don't forget that Capela can play transition D...man can move down the court!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sturt said:

D'Antoni is a great person...humble and approachable! He marches to his own drum and I love it! Rockets are my second favorite team...grateful to see D'Antoni in the "hood" (loosely using that word for the Westside of Houston)😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, enrique said:

D'Antoni is a great person...humble and approachable! He marches to his own drum and I love it! Rockets are my second favorite team...grateful to see D'Antoni in the "hood" (loosely using that word for the Westside of Houston)😂

The only I hold against him is how he handled the Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw suspension in Phoenix. He should have been shouting from the hilltops in protest, instead he just let David Stern get his way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Disagree here. It was the right move for them. Once they get in the playoffs they need wing defenders to go up against the Clippers and Lakers to defend Kawhi, PG13, and Lebron.

They thrive on small ball, it works for them. Now, they might lose in the playoffs anyways but this way they have 2 pretty good defenders in Tucker and Covington to throw at those ⭐️ wings of the opposition.

I'm saying Covington is overrated as a defender.  Take that away and what is he?  And Tucker is just aiight.

I think, in this era, we mistaken guys "trying" for them actually being good defenders.

That's my old man stance.  Now get off my lawn.

• Haha 2

hace 3 horas, NBASupes dijo:

Our two needs moving forward is what to do with Parker. He has played well for us but what if we can get that shooter we covet for him on the wing.

Lastly, Damian Jones and Treveon Graham. What can we get for them even with a pick added. 

Shooting off the bench is the need. We need another wing shooter with Cam. We also need more defense from the bigs. Capela is one but that's all. We need at least one more. 

We got a lot of cap room. We could actually help GS and get Kevon Looney who Travis badly wanted this offseason but for an even better price. I think that might be something to look into. 

My personal targets are:

Jordan McRae

Malik Monk

Kevon Looney

Alec Burks

Glenn Robinson III

Joe Harris

McDermott from the Pacers 

Tomas Sotrasky

Al Farouq Aminu

I think McRae would fit on a scorer of the bench role nicely. Burks would fit as well but he is too injury prone. 
Looney might be a good addition too but Capela, Looney and Bruno... perhaps they are too much the same player, I would like to add a big of the bench that can spread the floor, Len can do that.