• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Clint Capela

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I think McRae would fit on a scorer of the bench role nicely. Burks would fit as well but he is too injury prone. 
Looney might be a good addition too but Capela, Looney and Bruno... perhaps they are too much the same player, I would like to add a big of the bench that can spread the floor, Len can do that.

Almost all stretch 4s who are decent or better are extremely overpriced 

• Thanks 2

hace 7 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

Almost all stretch 4s who are decent or better are extremely overpriced 

Yeah I know, but we need to find someone. Bertans is obvious target this offseason, Ibaka can be another option, Wood is one of my favorites, no doubt, Marcus Morris although I do not like the guy..... I am not sure if Crowder might be also an option....  any other option out there? 

In some way that is why I think Len might be an option as backup C.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm saying Covington is overrated as a defender.  Take that away and what is he?  And Tucker is just aiight.

I think, in this era, we mistaken guys "trying" for them actually being good defenders.

That's my old man stance.  Now get off my lawn.

😂 no I’m with you about that. I’d say about 20% of the league played good defense in the 80’s and 90’s...now it’s like 20 guys. One of those guys is Covington though, and another is Tucker. Either way I think Houston needed to address getting another wing defender and 3D guy, emphasis on D since the rest of the Rockets roster doesn’t play any D. Giving up Capela to get him may have been too much. But then again you gotta give quality to get it.

• Like 1

The thing though is D'Antoni coaches like the NBA is the same pro league he played in. It is not and it didn't completely work in Phoenix with absolutely incredible players so guess we will see if he can pull it off this time around with absolutely incredible players again. A case where I wish I did bet on stuff you know because the run-n-gun college stuff always hits a brick wall in the NBA playoffs sooner or later. 

• Like 1

@kg01 ur thoughts on the Capela acquisition? Or I dunno 🤷‍♀️ if you want me to call you Mister Celery (ya I can’t believe I’m playing along either 😐)but couldn’t find what you thought of him.

I know you dislike kitty 🐱 KAT but wasn’t sure about Swiss 🧀 🏦

Personally, I think he’s a top 3 center in the east.

• Premium Member

Chris Kirchner wrote:Atlanta Hawks receive Clint Capela and Nene

I absolutely love this move for the Atlanta Hawks...Capela just wants to rim run and dunk off lobs. That’s a perfect pairing for Trae Young on offense. Defensively, Capela gives a lot of stability with executing defensive systems, although his mettle will be tested on that end with such a young team next to him. He’ll need some guys to grow up quickly on that end, but he should make a huge difference. He also can play next to John Collins fairly easily, as Collins is getting more and more comfortable with his outside and midrange jumpers. The Hawks don’t expect there to be any clashing of styles there. The Hawks will end up paying Capela a yearly salary that could have been as much as half of what Drummond would have demanded and probably commanded of them. All it costs them is expiring contracts and Brooklyn’s first-round pick.

As long as Capela is healthy, the Hawks get their big acquisition of the summer — a defensive-minded center — a few months early.

Grade: A

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3