• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Clint Capela

NBASupes

10 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Barkley gave a Shout out to the Hawks for getting Capela.  He says Capela will help us.

When he leaves politics out Barkley seems to have become a bit more sane in his comments these days. Like this particular one. Still believe about half of his humor is purely accidental though.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Good video explaining the trade from Houston's perspective but man.... that is maybe the worst transition to ad within a video I've ever seen.  Just crass, demeaning and an unnecessary insult to Capela.  

Yeah.  I turned it off at that point.  The Rockets team isn't built for a guy like Capela is what it comes down to.   Hawks have traditional needs although it was interesting seeing Len much better in at least one defensive category.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

Much better in FG% allowed in the paint.  I was also pretty shocked at how big that gap has been ytd.

Will also add that some of the data supporting Houston is a SSS issue.  Westbrook and Harden both tend to go through hot streaks which carry their teams to elevated performances for stretches of the regular season.  That is exactly what has happened while Capela has been out.  Did that happen because he was out or is that coincidence?  Houston seems to be betting on causation and that his 53% FG% over that stretch is real despite his career 43.6% FG%.  So I'm calling small sample size on a lot of these splits.

Exactly! What’s going to happen when they don’t shoot 45% from 3 like last night??? 

its going to be a lot sad faces when westbrick goes 2 for 21 and dribble man goes 5 for 30! Including no rebs or blocks while giving up 65 pts in the paint 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JTB said:

Just a little note that  I forgot to mention the other day

but listening to nba radio the other day Brendan Haywood said that he was told from his sources that Capela could have been came back and played for the rockets by now but they purposely held him out the last two or so games to test out this small ball lineup they’ve decided to roll with ....

I heard that too, which is why I'm not concerned about the injury stuff.  Haywood, in particular, is good for not throwing out false rumors.

Funny how, since they won last night, folks are saying HOU is justified in trading Capela.  The reality is any team can win on any given night.  The issue is in the playoffs when

(a) HOU won't shoot 45+% every game,

(2) LAL won't "forget" to go to the basket at will since there's no resistance,

(iii) Lebron won't be 3-happy coming off that once-in-a-blue-moon good 3pt shooting game

Plus having ol' thick-neck banging with their trio of bigs for multiple games will wear him down.

Don't let one game fool ya.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I heard that too, which is why I'm not concerned about the injury stuff.  Haywood, in particular, is good for not throwing out false rumors.

Funny how, since they won last night, folks are saying HOU is justified in trading Capela.  The reality is any team can win on any given night.  The issue is in the playoffs when

(a) HOU won't shoot 45+% every game,

(2) LAL won't "forget" to go to the basket at will since there's no resistance,

(iii) Lebron won't be 3-happy coming off that once-in-a-blue-moon good 3pt shooting game

Plus having ol' thick-neck banging with their trio of bigs for multiple games will wear him down.

Don't let one game fool ya.

There's some luck involved with the playoff seeding though.  I could see the Rockets making it to the finals in some scenarios.  

• Like 2