• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to the Hawks, Skal

GameTime

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

FWIW, Portland fans seem to think his injury could end his season.

Hope that isn't the case because I'd like the team to get to see him as he has some interesting tools and has been fairly productive despite his raw skill set and lack of raw strength / weight down low.  If that is how it comes out, then we just end up picking up $1M.

He is out indefinitely with a knee injury, though.  Supposed to get an update on that.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Career 35% 3pt shooter as well, albeit on only 85 attempts.  

If Len could resurrect his career here, Skal definitely has the tools to do the same. I remember when he was projected to be a lottery pick back at Kentucky. It'll be interesting to see what the staff can do with him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

Man.  The delusion is great in this thread. Skal is your typical overhyped, underdeveloped AAU product.  You will be very lucky if he ever becomes a positive contributor off the bench as a 4th big.  

I wouldn't say it's in this thread all the hype and bragging i seen about him was from fans of other teams that liked him quite a bit.  As i said i've never seen him play and i wanted to see what other teams fans think about him over our fans on here since were hawks fans and we usually pump up guys were excited about.   But if were being honest we could sign lebron or giannis and you would still hate on it in 1 way or another 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, KB21 said:

Man.  The delusion is great in this thread. Skal is your typical overhyped, underdeveloped AAU product.  You will be very lucky if he ever becomes a positive contributor off the bench as a 4th big.  

He has a positive WAR this year.  He isn't a star.  But he could be a part of a good rotation if he continues to improve.  I'm not advocating for him over Dedmon without a ton of development which is unlikely this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3