• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to the Hawks, Skal

GameTime

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, AHF said:

In his 4 years, he has 3 seasons with a 70-80% rate.  His 52.9% rate from 2018-19 is based off of a total of 17 free throws.  Over his career 242 attempts, he is shooting 74.8% so I would take that as the more meaningful number given the extremely small sample size from two seasons ago.

You are right. Small number of games played the previous 2 years.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Do you know how the Hawks feel about Goodwin?

People in the organization like him. I think he will be getting a chance to make the roster in TC. Maybe even another two way deal but it's unlikely he gets his contract exercised 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I really like Skal. He is someone that if he had regular rotation minutes I think he could easily be a starter level player in a season or two. We need to keep this kid and let him grow with us. He is the modern big that we really could use to soak up backup minutes at PF/C.

Not to mention, he played at Kentucky..Those Wildcats are showing out in the bubble. lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Skal is still a Hawk.  He just finished playing with the current Hawks.  Lloyd likes him and he and Capela bonded because they both speak French.

Travis sneaked in and grabbed him while he was out with injury.  He's completely healed.  The reason he worked out now is because he really wants to be a Hawk.  This is very good, I believe.

:sun:

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Skal is still a Hawk.  He just finished playing with the current Hawks.  Lloyd likes him and he and Capela bonded because they both speak French.

Travis sneaked in and grabbed him while he was out with injury.  He's completely healed.  The reason he worked out now is because he really wants to be a Hawk.  This is very good, I believe.

Our defense may be unassailable.

th?id=OIP.UFedeMRQSqmB5o81JIMJfAHaEA&pid

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hawk fans continue to wonder, "Who will be a Hawk when we open the new season?"

Pause and remember the team's short work out with the coaches that was recently allowed by the NBA.  We got some good vibes from the coaching staff and the players who took part.

Mega deal?  Blow out trade?  Tear it all down and go wild?

True, Atlanta still has needs.  True, Hawks have some duplicate parts we could move as we get ready for the opening bell.  But, do we wish to explode the roster or do we wish to fine tune?

More than any team in the NBA right now, Atlanta has payroll $$$ room to make deals.  Other teams, hurting with their $$$ payroll, naturally call us, hoping for relief.  Hawks are sitting in the catbird's seat.  We find ourselves where we haven't ever been before.  We hold the high cards.  We can bid or pass.

Do we really want to do the big flush and go "Win now at all cost?"  Hawks have been in the "grow your own" position for several seasons.  We have added Capela and Skal.  Without any other moves except the draft, most everyone believes that we will be greatly improved.

Does the addition of a new defensive coach mean better defense from our present roster or moves to add greatly to the present roster to improve our defense?

So many questions.  Such a short time to come up with many answers.  What do you believe ??

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Released by NYK, still on the market.

I don't think we know an answer to why that is the case.  My suspicion when we didn't resign him was that he had lingering health issues.  That would explain the release by the Knicks and his absence from an active role anywhere.  But that is just my rank speculation and is not backed up by any facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Maybe the boards expectations were a wee bit high.

I think they were based on him returning to health.  He played almost 20 minutes a game for a solid playoff Portland team and averaged 12.1 points on .551% FG% / .588% TS% and 10.7 rebounds per 36 along with 2.0 blocks.  He had a strong mid-range jumper last season making 61.5% of his shots between 10-16 feet out and 50% of his jumpers from 16 feet to the 3pt line.  Coming into his age 24 season, he looked legitimately promising as a back end part of the rotation.  Don't think looking for him in that kind of role was unrealistic assuming a complete recovery.  (Which goes back to my speculation about him not having made that recovery to date).

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

No mine...I thought the guy sucked

Because you didn't watch him play.   Portland fans who watched him liked him a lot - as a role player coming off the bench (not that they thought he was replacing Dame as the team's star).