Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

To score 20ppg or more, your scoring versatility needs to be crazy good. Efficiency, shot creation, and some physical advantage is critical for this one. This is Joe and guys like him.

Or

You need to be a volume three point shooter (8-10 three per game), (You need to have movement prongs or be a high end variance three point shooter, have a history shooting with volume) - Klay, DeVonte' Graham, and guys them.

Or

You need to be a volume foul drawing machine like Bradley Beal, Andrew Wiggins. This is usually a skill like volume three point shooting that comes from college. 

Kevin doesn't fall in none of the categories. The elite scorers like Trae fall in all three. Even a guy like Manu is elite at drawing fouls. I don't see it. I think 16 will be his max and as Cam and Hunter get better, likely 12-14ppg is his max.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

To score 20ppg or more, your scoring versatility needs to be crazy good. Efficiency, shot creation, and some physical advantage is critical for this one. This is Joe and guys like him.

Or

You need to be a volume three point shooter (8-10 three per game), (You need to have movement prongs or be a high end variance three point shooter, have a history shooting with volume) - Klay, DeVonte' Graham, and guys them.

Or

You need to be a volume foul drawing machine like Bradley Beal, Andrew Wiggins. This is usually a skill like volume three point shooting that comes from college. 

Kevin doesn't fall in none of the categories. The elite scorers like Trae fall in all three. Even a guy like Manu is elite at drawing fouls. I don't see it. I think 16 will be his max and as Cam and Hunter get better, likely 12-14ppg is his max.

I think he could be a volume three point shooter, not saying it'll happen but it's possible. What's important to me is that guys are playing smart team ball more so than putting up big numbers.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think he could be a volume three point shooter, not saying it'll happen but it's possible. 

How? 

What's important to me is that guys are playing smart team ball more so than putting up big numbers.

I can rock with this

Edited by NBASupes

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Or

Or

Just for a reality check, there have only been 16 guys in the past 10 seasons who have averaged 20 pts - 5 rebs - 5 asst

• Lebron ( 10 times )
  • Westbrook ( 8 )
  • Harden ( 6 )
  • Curry ( 4 )
  • Durant ( 4 )
  • Giannis ( 3 )
  • Blake Griffin ( 3 )
  • Kobe ( 2 )
  • Kyrie ( 2 ) 
  • Jimmy Butler ( 2 )
  • DeRozan ( 2 )
  • Jokic ( 2 )
  • Doncic ( 2 . . if he stays at that level this season )
  • Cousins ( 1 ) 
  • Bradley Beal ( 1 )
  • Kawhi ( 1 ) 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Get ready to add Kevin Huerter to that list. It's coming baby!

I think you are overly optimistic on him but like the confidence!  The single biggest thing Kevin could do to improve his offensive game is start learning to draw fouls.  I would have him in the weight room this summer and spending some time watching videos of Kevin Martin's ability to draw fouls.  I don't mind that he isn't a guy who feels the need to force high volume but getting to the line would do wonders for his consistency.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Or

Or

Reef and Smitty (when he was here) were basically 20PPG scorers. I don’t remember them being that efficient.